Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pindan Premier Grade Rnd 2

Champion
    vCash

Pindan Premier Grade Rnd 2

PINDAN PREMIER GRADE PREVIEW - ROUND TWO

By Fraser Smith on Thu 7th April 16 in Pindan Premier Grade

Pindan Premier Grade Match of the Round:

UWA (5) v Kalamunda (8) at McGillivray Oval, Mount Claremont. Kick-off 3:20PM.

McGillivray Oval will play host to the Pindan Premier Grade Match of the Round when UWA take on last year’s semi-finalists Kalamunda in what is set to be a hard fought contest.

The Students head into Round to with the wind behind their backs after overcoming bitter rivals Associates last week in a low scoring encounter, 15-12. Last year’s top try scorer Faamanatu Apineru has made the move across from Kalamunda to the Students and will look use his blistering pace to inflict some punishment on his old side.

Kalamunda will be looking to bounce back after a first up loss to Cottesloe in Round One. The Bulls shot out to an early lead before going down 35-26. With their sights set on another trip to the finals Kalamunda will be keen to get an early win on the board when they travel to McGillivray Oval and fullback Hamish Buick will look to continue his hot form after scoring a double last week.

University:

1. Nevin Mills 2. Harry Scoble 3. Shambeckler Vui 4. Jack Connolly 5. Jack Bromley 6. Kieran Westlake 7. Cody Weir 8. Ben Taylor 9. Ethan Carlisle 10. Anthony Hondras 11. Faamanatu Apineru 12. Junior Sifa 13. Charlie Grant 14. Jason Merrie 15. Clay Uyen

Kalamunda:

1. Arrow Minet 2.Ben Rumble 3. Beau King 4. Nick Pearson 5. Nikau Rangiwhetu 6. Russell Burges 7. Dale Foden 8. Auega Semanutafa 9. Jake Weire 10. Alex Oakley 11. Isiah Malcolm 12. Kane Allen 13. Daley Harper 14. John Tuitavaki 15. Hamish Buick

Joondalup (7) v Nedlands (3) at HBF Arena Sportsplex, Joondalup. Kick-off 3:20PM.

Tipped by many to take some big scalps in 2016 Joondalup will face their sternest task yet when they take on reigning premiers, Nedlands at HBF Arena Sportsplex.

Touted a potential dark horse for a maiden trip to the finals this season Joondalup didn’t get off to the best start last week going down to Palmyra 18-11 in a hard fought 80-minutes. The Brothers will be keen to open their account in front of their loyal fans this weekend and won’t be taking a backwards step against the defendin

- See more at: http://www.rugbywa.com.au/article/pi....ME4hioSI.dpuf

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Hopefully the brothers can bounce back after being overrun by Cott.

Kala by 7
    Nedlands by 21
    Soaks by 30
    Wests by 40
    Cott by 5

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Hopefully the brothers can bounce back after being overrun by Cott.

Kala by 7
    Nedlands by 21
    Soaks by 30
    Wests by 40
    Cott by 5
    With kane allen playing you will romp in
    Kala 12
    Neddies too strong for a new joondalup 30
    Cott by 8
    Wests by 60
    Soaks by25

vCash
    Paly cotta will be game of the round and paly will run it up the guts and give the gulls a tough day

Kala to bounce back

Neddies to murder the brothers

The rest *yawn*

I'm pretending not to be affiliated to any club so shhhh

vCash
    Joondalup 21 def by 22 Nedlands

Perth Bayswater 12 def by 33 Associates

UWA 16 def by 20 Kalamunda

Wests Scarborough 54 def 0 Wanneroo

Cottesloe 16 def by 22 Palmyra

I'm pretending not to be affiliated to any club so shhhh

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    Joondalup 21 def by 22 Nedlands

Perth Bayswater 12 def by 33 Associates

UWA 16 def by 20 Kalamunda

Wests Scarborough 54 def 0 Wanneroo

Cottesloe 16 def by 22 Palmyra
    After the second week in a row where wanneroo get a beating are the crac going to drag them in to RWA and kick them out of prem grade as a duty of care or have they realised the complete fuck up they created 3 years ago
    Redpath getting your speech ready and tissues to shed a tear you wanker

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    it appears your liver is a little shitty,insider!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Hey Bally
    I am sure you would have been at Joondalup today. Given the reported results were the Brothers better or Neddies poorer than expected as result much closer than many expected. Saying that Bothers still 0 and 2
    My sources tell me that Westies Man, or whatever is the most appropriate name now, drank the bar dry of cronona - is there any truth in that matter ?
    Wanneroo pumped by a very average Soaks side
    Haven't seen a season so open as this for a long time , albeit after only two weeks

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Daily View Post
    Hey Bally
    I am sure you would have been at Joondalup today. Given the reported results were the Brothers better or Neddies poorer than expected as result much closer than many expected. Saying that Bothers still 0 and 2
    My sources tell me that Westies Man, or whatever is the most appropriate name now, drank the bar dry of cronona - is there any truth in that matter ?
    Wanneroo pumped by a very average Soaks side
    Haven't seen a season so open as this for a long time , albeit after only two weeks
    Both .all credit to joondalup that played with good intensity and obsorbed the pressure from neddies .neddies were quite poor at the bdown and skill level was down but continually created opportunities but failed to convert.joondalup had two shots at goal to win but were unable to convert.joondalup are a better team than last year but were missing direction from there play makers.if things go there way could sneak into the top 4 but a lack of depth in there 2s will hinder there top 4 ambitions.they will have to decide whats more important, a top 4 finish or a crack at winning the colts comp.i dont think they can do both

vCash
    Nedlands lacked patience for much of the game-tried to play at a very fast pace without getting the basic skills mastered first.Although dominating most of the match,they were lucky to come away with the win.
    Why would they keep trying to run it out of their 22,defending a 1 point lead late in the game?
    strange tactics indeed

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    Both .all credit to joondalup that played with good intensity and obsorbed the pressure from neddies .neddies were quite poor at the bdown and skill level was down but continually created opportunities but failed to convert.joondalup had two shots at goal to win but were unable to convert.joondalup are a better team than last year but were missing direction from there play makers.if things go there way could sneak into the top 4 but a lack of depth in there 2s will hinder there top 4 ambitions.they will have to decide whats more important, a top 4 finish or a crack at winning the colts comp.i dont think they can do both
    I hope you are not teaching English and literacy at your northern suburbs academy.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    After the second week in a row where wanneroo get a beating are the crac going to drag them in to RWA and kick them out of prem grade as a duty of care or have they realised the complete fuck up they created 3 years ago
    Redpath getting your speech ready and tissues to shed a tear you wanker
    So there is someone else out there who realises that what RugbyWA (or was it WARU back then) did with their short term vision is coming home to roost.
    The great irony in all this is that Wanneroo is actually doing what the great powers at HQ want. They have not bought/brought/poached any All Black trialists this year. All players are either home grown or have been with the club for some year - I guess this highlights the lack of depth in local rugby.
    I have also been told that Wanneroo are the most financially secure and viable club in the comp with a very large bank account that they will only use on their own players' education etc. Their club, and I had another look around last week, has great facilities, and they tell me it is all their own with no reliance on any council coffers and no rent to pay.
    Joondalup however (along with most clubs of course) have relied on their money people to get them a side again this year after initially saying 'No' (so I'm told). How long will that last with the real estate boom over?
    I would be interested to know what the financial arrangement with their council is like? Pretty tenuous from what I've heard.
    Well that's my Sunday morning rant. But wait. There may be more.

Last edited by wholetruth; 10-04-16 at 08:54.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    So there is someone else out there who realises that what RugbyWA (or was it WARU back then) did with their short term vision is coming home to roost.
    The great irony in all this is that Wanneroo is actually doing what the great powers at HQ want. They have not bought/brought/poached any All Black trialists this year. All players are either home grown or have been with the club for some year - I guess this highlights the lack of depth in local rugby.
    I have also been told that Wanneroo are the most financially secure and viable club in the comp with a very large bank account that they will only use on their own players' education etc. Their club, and I had another look around last week, has great facilities, and they tell me it is all their own with no reliance on any council coffers and no rent to pay.
    Joondalup however (along with most clubs of course) have relied on their money people to get them a side again this year after initially saying 'No' (so I'm told). How long will that last with the real estate boom over?
    I would be interested to know what the financial arrangement with their council is like? Pretty tenuous from what I've heard.
    Well that's my Sunday morning rant. But wait. There may be more.
    Yes, Wanneroos first grade is battling, but they are building a juggernaut in their juniors.
    Given the demographic and housing build up around the Wanneroo area, with plenty of families and young kids.
    Give them a couple years and their colts will be very strong and the next couple seasons after that will be huge.
    There are good folk and a solid long term plan. Was good chatting to folk up that way the last couple weeks.

vCash
    the problem,of course,that the drop out rate from colts to senior grades is huge.Keeping them in the game is the hard part.
    same for most sports,actually

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    the problem,of course,that the drop out rate from colts to senior grades is huge.Keeping them in the game is the hard part.
    same for most sports,actually
    Read: Poaching rate

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast