Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pindan Premier Grade Rnd 2

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Perhaps you should all be pushing his cause instead of Fearn's. At least his press conferences after a few coldies would make great viewing
    Not pushing ferns, but you are right mr ball would also be better than what they have got. Wouldn't be hard that is what I am saying.
    There are probably plenty others. Fern at least has pro experience but as I said earlier I believe he is NZ now.
    Nedlands from the outside have won so many premierships and are always at the top so maybe the lower clubs could take a leaf out of their book and get better to challenge.
    People criticise me for being negative with no solutions so why criticise nedlands Wests Scarborough or any other clubs who are successful.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Because clubs like them, although I understand maybe not Wests so much right now but that can quickly change, do nothing for local rugby except take from the weaker to make themselves stronger or bring in the mercenary brigade.

Player
    vCash
    Because clubs like them, although I understand maybe not Wests so much right now but that can quickly change, do nothing for local rugby except take from the weaker to make themselves stronger or bring in the mercenary brigade.
    Not sure about that.
    But if that is what you think that's fine.
    But tomorrow these top clubs will still be successful because they must be doing something right.

Champion
    vCash
    It's not what I think it's what everybody and anybody who has been involved in Perth club rugby knows.
    Sadly, the (whole) truth as they say hurts.
    So, as you can't see the reality from the Foreshore, I will shut down my input on this - until next time.
    Where is Fulvio when you need him?

Player
    vCash
    It's not what I think it's what everybody and anybody who has been involved in Perth club rugby knows.
    Sadly, the (whole) truth as they say hurts.
    So, as you can't see the reality from the Foreshore, I will shut down my input on this - until next time.
    Where is Fulvio when you need him?
    But far from Mandurah foreshore!

Player
    vCash
    Dont you have strong opinions,a little dillusional but i guess this happens to people that are success poor.It takes more than financial backing to make a club have sustained success.Club culture, player retention,a hard working backroom and quality recruiting and the one reason that has been our golden goose is the amount of players that Instant Scaffords have employed and given them a working career has been our biggest recruitment tool.As far as players leaving there clubs for a more successful one well cant be helped.The believe that we offer cash to players is a falicy.Pick that chip off your shoulder and move on cause your whinging has become fucking boring.As far as my english goes who gives a fuck im a painter and last i checked i didnt need a degree to paint

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bally; 10-04-16 at 16:32.

Champion
    vCash
    Dat makes cents it da phumes

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    But was aware that Wests did very well out of Baysie 2nds and Colts about 2 seasons ago, with a couple kids being stupid enough to mention they'd got 'enticers' to go over and a fair few followed..
    Have no idea why you post inuendo like that but i'll tell you what I know.Your 2nds players are not exactly the most sought after players in Perth so why would they be offered enticers as you describe it.
    They paid their fees in full and received sox and shorts as does every fully financial member.
    Maybe the real issue was the coaching set up at Baysie or the lack of it to be more precise.
    Ask the players themselves the truth before you post misinformation.
    You guys pay all your 1st graders fees and then wonder why you have a group of players who now have a sense of entitilement.
    You reap what you sow,having said that I do hope Baysie have turned the corner because all the solid rugby people I talk to take no joy in the recent performances of both Baysie and the Roodogs.

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 10-04-16 at 21:58. Reason: quote marks
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    So we can all agree that moving forward the winning formula is:

1. Sponsored first grade fees and some game payments
    2. Import players to be successful
    3. Be a strong financial club with a budget around $150K per year
    4. Sponsorship of around 80-100k per year and a good bar/canteen
    5. Lots of dedicated volunteers
    6. A strong pathway for young players
    7. free fees for Under 20s with all their kit
    8. excellent social club culture

So if you don't do this you are not going to be in contention for the big prize. Players come and go. they are poached, they are paid, they move for the hell of it. I never hear about anyone poaching Neddies colts, or Wests Colts, or Joondy, or Pally, Cott so what is happening elsewhere?

Anyhow who cares. You can cry and gnash teeth as much as you like but the above is realities and words like honour, loyalty, team mates are words that were used in the 80's ... time to get past that. And anyone representing any club who thinks theirs wouldn't grab players if they were up for grabs is dillusional.

So ... once we can agree to all of this and "it's not fair" "it's RugbyWA's fault" etc.. can we get back to spinning on the positives of the competition and actually talking about the games and their players?

Would be fun wouldn't it?

I'm pretending not to be affiliated to any club so shhhh

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Have no idea why you post inuendo like that but i'll tell you what I know.Your 2nds players are not exactly the most sought after players in Perth so why would they be offered enticers as you describe it.
    They paid their fees in full and received sox and shorts as does every fully financial member.
    Maybe the real issue was the coaching set up at Baysie or the lack of it to be more precise.
    Ask the players themselves the truth before you post misinformation.
    You guys pay all your 1st graders fees and then wonder why you have a group of players who now have a sense of entitilement.
    You reap what you sow,having said that I do hope Baysie have turned the corner because all the solid rugby people I talk to take no joy in the recent performances of both Baysie and the Roodogs.

I'm not having a go at you, Westiesman.
    It's just what happened. There may have been some issues with coaching or internals at that stage or leading up to it.
    Don't know. Wasn't involved with any of those teams, and only barely knew a couple of the periphery players at the time.
    No stress it was only an example.

We are hoping that we continue to improve at Baysie and everyone is working toward that.

Let us know how it goes on your hunt for a new club and whether the move is/was worth it

Last edited by G_Beard; 10-04-16 at 23:42.

vCash
    FYI - Not ONE Wanneroo players or supporter in any grade stayed for the team presentation after the matches vs Wests on Saturday. Disappeared by 6pm - Not a good look from Wanneroo ... no explanation provided to Club Captain or anyone. Their meals are getting a bit cold ...

vCash
    One of the most f*cked up things you'll ever hear in the metro rugby threads.. UWA.. no beers to be consumed in the change rooms after the match, home & away teams included.. and to rub salt into the wounds prices at the bar are worse than nightclub prices.. bloody unaustralian I tells ya

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    One of the most f*cked up things you'll ever hear in the metro rugby threads.. UWA.. no beers to be consumed in the change rooms after the match, home & away teams included.. and to rub salt into the wounds prices at the bar are worse than nightclub prices.. bloody unaustralian I tells ya
    Dont forget the all male toga party they put on for us after last years game. Get it together UWA!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    this is a very serious situation
    no beers in the change rooms is not only unaustralian,its unrugby
    I suggest the CRAC ban Uni rugby,effective immediately

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Dont forget the all male toga party they put on for us after last years game. Get it together UWA!
    That toga party has been going on since 1978, c'mon have a few beers, join in, anything can happen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast