good players are attracted to successful clubs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Good teams are build with time and commitment to each other

Player
    vCash
    Whoopee, so Wanneroo have plenty of money in the bank to spend on player education?
    Most rugby clubs are run for the benefit of providing for their members (players) and therefore have little surplus cash at the end of each year.
    So good on Wanneroo, at their AGM they can tell their members that they came last again but that's ok we have plenty of money in the bank.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    good players are attracted to successful clubs
    Good players get bought by clubs who can't be bothered to put time and effort into their own.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    Whoopee, so Wanneroo have plenty of money in the bank to spend on player education?
    Most rugby clubs are run for the benefit of providing for their members (players) and therefore have little surplus cash at the end of each year.
    So good on Wanneroo, at their AGM they can tell their members that they came last again but that's ok we have plenty of money in the bank.
    It's called cash flow and having a separate savings account. Western Sydney Roo Dogs has a good ring to it!. Apparently they have more cash than the Waratahs anyway.

vCash
    Nedlands lacked patience for much of the game-tried to play at a very fast pace without getting the basic skills mastered first.Although dominating most of the match,they were lucky to come away with the win.
    Why would they keep trying to run it out of their 22,defending a 1 point lead late in the game?
    strange tactics indeed
    Missing the first penalty kick from pretty much in front didn't help - could've made things more comfortable had he kicked it

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Yes, Wanneroos first grade is battling, but they are building a juggernaut in their juniors.
    Given the demographic and housing build up around the Wanneroo area, with plenty of families and young kids.
    Give them a couple years and their colts will be very strong and the next couple seasons after that will be huge.
    There are good folk and a solid long term plan. Was good chatting to folk up that way the last couple weeks.
    maybe pieter could tell us more about there junior juggernaut but word on the street is they have lost alot of potential future prem players and numbers are down
    There colts have been belted by 70+ points last week
    You cant have all the money and not buy a few players that goes without saying its Perth rugby its more the way clubs prey on the weaker that creates bad press

The pressure on Rocky and Mandurah to combine is laughable after the crac fucked Rocky over a few years ago
    Rocky has its finances in place but you wouldnt know whats happening at mandurah as they dont have enough money for a trunk call to perth
    The crac dont know how to fix there fuck up or help wanneroo or baysie thats right G Beard they are not in a good place either
    There is nothing wrong with importing players if you do your homework
    Baysie have had competitve colts for years but they just dont get through to prem grade
    wanneroo have had competitve colts and a very strong junior program for years and it just doesnt get through to prem grade and this is showing
    what is the cracs plan to create more prem teams to move 2 district clubs up to 2nd grade 2017
    fix up your existing comp first then move forward

Champion
    vCash
    Wow someones had their bitchy pills^^^^ Mr Insidehim

Can you explain what is actually wrong with the local comp that has your knickers in a knot?
    From what youve rambled about, it seems your ideal comp has every team drawing 50 all every game and a 10 way joint premiership. No more up and down cycles for clubs to have generational success and no way for champ clubs with ambition to reach for successful futures, every club has 2000 junior wallabies coming through, 5 colts teams and $25 million in the bank. Sounds all good mate, i hope you get your vision realised up there in fantasy land.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I don't disagree with anything that you said about Baysie and Wanneroo. Don't know anything about Rockingham or Mandurah. Not my nest.
    I'm at Baysie, and have started taking note of the colts set up as my kids are getting older.
    I cannot comment what the go is at Wanneroo, but as I say from a junior point of view - good things, good people, strong teams looking in from my perch at Baysie. We have the same. Pretty sure all clubs do.
    When I talk juniors its generally u13-17 as I consider colts part of the senior development and condition program, and have only started to get to know the colts set up at Baysie this season. But was aware that Wests did very well out of Baysie 2nds and Colts about 2 seasons ago, with a couple kids being stupid enough to mention they'd got 'enticers' to go over and a fair few followed.
    And Neddies starting a safari park with the Lion cubs this season.
    That does happen.
    You build with what you have and keep pushing forward.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    I hope you are not teaching English and literacy at your northern suburbs academy.
    Tony is not known for his english language skills but has an astute rugby brain and had no problems getting his message across to players when he was coaching.

Speaking to pete malcolm neddies president at the force game on Friday he indicated that we have more imports coming to bolster the ranks so can't see us being beaten for the flag in 2016.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Tony is not known for his english language skills but has an astute rugby brain and had no problems getting his message across to players when he was coaching.

Speaking to pete malcolm neddies president at the force game on Friday he indicated that we have more imports coming to bolster the ranks so can't see us being beaten for the flag in 2016.
    Nothing changes then. Buy the premiership, poach the youngsters and do nothing to grow local strength

vCash
    the problem,of course,that the drop out rate from colts to senior grades is huge.Keeping them in the game is the hard part.
    same for most sports,actually
    I was reading something along these lines, in a UK publication, (no not H and E), - seems to be a sport wide, world wide situation. A large amount of folks seem to disappear from the playing fields at the 18 - 25 year group, credit to those who don't.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Nothing changes then. Buy the premiership, poach the youngsters and do nothing to grow local strength
    Winners are grinners.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Winners are grinners.
    And all back in New Zealand

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Perhaps you should all be pushing his cause instead of Fearn's. At least his press conferences after a few coldies would make great viewing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast