Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Highlanders v Western Force Friday April Fools Day

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    thought Grant is a couple of years past his used by date(aren't we all!)-he fell off a few tackles and his kicking for touch wasn't that flash-however a servicable display--Junior played better,but he also missed a couple of easy tackles late in the game

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Close but no cigar. Thought there was good improvement on running inside lines.

Very questionable decision re the uncontested scrums in light of Nisbo's comment that the bloke started 3 games at LHP last year.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    thought Grant is a couple of years past his used by date(aren't we all!)-he fell off a few tackles and his kicking for touch wasn't that flash-however a servicable display--Junior played better,but he also missed a couple of easy tackles late in the game
    Sorry BDG, you need to be honest. Junior is overweight and under conditioned to compete at this level for 80 minutes, that is why it is dumb to include him in the team if he can't be a threat totally! Same as tapuai! If

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    thought Tapuai played a smart game today--but maybe I dont know shit from clay

vCash
    who do you suggest moves into the midfield?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    DHP 8 touches 7 kicks! FFS where is the variation!!!!
    Don't dare say something positive, it might make it look like you support the team

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Ref was solid for first outing
    Best on ground
    Now wait for foley to blame we
    Wanker, that game showed definite signs of the plan coming together, if you can't see it you've been making yourself blind.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Don't dare say something positive, it might make it look like you support the team
    It's not the kick it's the chase
    Dhp kicks and chases if you watch kiwi teams they kick for position and when kicking for attack the receiver of the ball will either wait until his support has return to support or he will run to his support and then kick 50% of the time the kicker will drop back and the support will chase
    Dhp will kick and 9 times out of ten he had to chase as well because his so called team mates
    Leave it up to him as they are just bone fucken lazy
    Fat and slow and I believe scared to attack the contest
    Monaghan chase one high ball and with his speed drifted off instead of attacking the ball maserawa never attacked any
    None fucken lazy
    If Hodgson wasn't tackling everyone they sit back and let the old fella do that as well
    Dhp is good honest footballer but fatigue must take its toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    who do you suggest moves into the midfield?
    Tommy Fearn.

I thought the game was an improvement, and it's causing me to dig myself out of the hole last week put main, but there were some obvious flaws which need fixing.
    You simply can't shut a game down after 15 minutes, Wanneroo under 12s will beat the Force in that situation.
    The reserves aren't up to the task, I think that's the difference at the 60, and I know now why Foley is reluctant to make changes.
    New Zealand commentators are a better judge of DHP than two dickheads from a Perth rugby site, he had a good game overall, but went into his shell a little too much once we built a meager lead....it's not that territory is a bad call once you have a lead, but you need to be effective at it, and get the ball off the field in the right places.
    Grant, well it's coming together, but not as quickly as it did for Jono....the game time is helping him and he's distributing with an attacking mindset, I'm not so concerned as I was last week
    Scrums are a bit of a lottery, but overall, great until they were disrupted by losing starting cattle. Ross was missed in the set piece, Mafi is earning splinters in his arse.
    Morahan has been eating something he wasn't last year.....feed it to the rest of the backs
    Masirewa, good player strong like elephant, smart like tree.
    Centres looked much better hitting the ball at pace and running straight, shame that lasted about 20 minutes.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well we got beat but fuck i'll still eat humble pie. To the ref firstly thanks for keeping a level head and seeing the game how it should've been played. Secondly jeez we stood strong tonight its all i ask. Thirdly Adam Coleman please report to Mr Cheika first thing in the morning to collect your Wallaby jumper. Man in the first half when we picked the ball up from the ruck instead of standing over it shit we stunned them. would still like to see Ryan given more time to shine especially with Grant being an experienced back on the outside to help and guide him.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Wanker, that game showed definite signs of the plan coming together, if you can't see it you've been making yourself blind.
    Nice gigs now your getting into the swing of things
    No wonder rocky suffered so long with you at the club coaching
    They showed glimpses of a rugby team but consistency is required and they have been around long enough now there are no excuses
    The highlanders played there weakest side made a lot of errors as a team that had just come together
    Is it pure arrogance that last week the Chiefs made 12 changes the highlanders rejigged there team through injury and to rest players that the force are becoming predictable
    If you listen to the kiwi commentators on fox they have nothing but praise for the force and there effort
    If you stream RNz sport you get an even more indepeth commentary that also praised the players but does question why they continue to produce the same week in week out with there courage and tenacity they should pick up the occasional win against better opposition
    The simple answer is the coach can't sell it and the players aren't buying it

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Well we got beat but fuck i'll still eat humble pie. To the ref firstly thanks for keeping a level head and seeing the game how it should've been played. Secondly jeez we stood strong tonight its all i ask. Thirdly Adam Coleman please report to Mr Cheika first thing in the morning to collect your Wallaby jumper. Man in the first half when we picked the ball up from the ruck instead of standing over it shit we stunned them. would still like to see Ryan given more time to shine especially with Grant being an experienced back on the outside to help and guide him.
    Adam Coleman is playing well but we lost a heap of our own line outs.

Definatly some positives. Benny Mac had a good game on his return to the starting 15. Have been impressed with Ross HP, going well for a young guy. Thought Alby had his best game for the season.

Still not as fit as other Super 15 teams, massive factor.

Too many kicks with no support. couldn't believe Taps kicked it at the end there.

Let's roll the crusaders next week

Senior Player
    vCash
    If you stream RNz sport you get an even more indepeth commentary that also praised the players but does question why they continue to produce the same week in week out with there courage and tenacity they should pick up the occasional win against better oppositon.
    Seven I've long thought that some of your rants are quality but for fark sake get the spelling, the timing and the grammar correct because it's only making you look like a simpleton.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    If you stream RNz sport you get an even more indepeth commentary that also praised the players but does question why they continue to produce the same week in week out with there courage and tenacity they should pick up the occasional win against better oppositon.
    Seven I've long thought that some of your rants are quality but for fark sake get the spelling, the timing and the grammar correct because it's only making you look like a simpleton.
    Sorry beef666 I am a simpleton but I do enjoy a beer or 2 and at this time of night I'm a bit gone
    I do enjoy tormenting people and reading the frustration between the lines of the side line critics
    I do feel qualified to comment as I have played the game at a level that most would dream about
    Have also coached and at a level that would put me right up there with t
    Fearn so get on board with sevenmile and enjoy the ride

vCash
    Force Ruck Involvements against the Highlanders - Round 6

Remember:
    1. Early means 1st or 2nd of player’s team AFTER the ball carrier has been tackled and brought to ground.
    2. Impact means active engagement: strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, protecting ball etc. (more than hand on someone’s bum or arriving after the hard work has been done). Yes it’s subjective - but as I collect all data at least it’s consistent.
    3. Impact DOES NOT equate to Effectiveness. I’ve concluded that coming up with an effectiveness measure is just too hard in the time that I have available – but open to suggestions.

Name:  Clan 1.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  132.1 KB

Name:  Clan 2.png
Views: 484
Size:  29.5 KB

The 325 rucks is our highest total this year. Certainly boosted by the 60% Possession.
    A mighty effort by Captain Courageous yet again and the first >50 count in 2016.
    The top seven Forwards on this table can stand tall as they're the ones who have done all of the hard work in New Zealand.
    Ross H-P still doing well. Good first run for Richard Hardwick.
    Handling Errors our lowest at only 5.
    Tackle Success at only 62% - 32 MISSED TACKLES (21 of them by our Backs)
    Overall Ruck Success was 96% (our best in 2016)
    Lost 4 of our 15 Line Outs.
    Best Tacklers: Heath T (8 made/3 missed); Hodgo & Gus (7 made/0 missed); Pek (6 made/1 missed)
    DHP 14 carries for 61m (well below his best) but he was mostly kicking and feeding their machine.
    Good to see Ben M get some good runs (13 carries for 44m).
    I hope that all of the heads are OK.

There was some very good rugby played but still to many mistakes, poor decisions and brain fades.
    The last try was a frustration as a losing bonus point would have been good reward for effort.
    Especially for #15 on the table playing #2 and last year's champs.

PS I agree with the comments about our overweight Centers but I'm not sure if we have too many options.

Last edited by andrewg; 01-04-16 at 22:34.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast