Sale Sharks have announced the signings of lock Juandré Kruger from Racing 92 and prop Kieran Longbottom from Saracens.

Sale boss Steve Diamond said: "I sourced Juandré when I headed up the recruitment at Northampton and he helped Saints to win silverware and also to the Heineken Cup Final during his time at Franklins Gardens. He is a highly rated player and will do a great job for us."

In 2010 Kruger returned to the Blue Bulls before joining Racing 92 in 2013. He has also been capped 17 times by South Africa.

Speaking from Paris, Kruger said: "I am delighted to be returning to the Aviva Premiership. It's a well run league with some great players and coaches. I had a great time playing for Northampton after Steve signed me and am looking forward to returning to the UK."

Diamond's plan to build a big pack for next season has also been boosted by the signing of Longbottom.

Longbottom, 30, joined Saracens from Western Force in 2014 and is English qualified through his late maternal grandmother. He made his Super Rugby debut in 2008 aged 23 against Chiefs.

Diamond said: "I am delighted to welcome Kieran on board, he will fit perfectly into our plans, and the pack we are building for next season.

"We have some more signings to announce in the near future. We have been working hard on recruitment and our signings should do well in the Premiership and excite our supporters."

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/sale...er-longbottom/