Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: It's warming up.

Champion
    vCash
    In the good old dark ages (actually not that long ago) just such a "zoning" plan was put together by a couple of clubs including how and where colts should play It was laughed about all the way to dead ball line by those in control. Of course those in control were from the Golden Triangle clubs. Nothing changes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Get ready rocky-mandurah the window might be about to open for Premier grade rugby for 2017.
    Do you think Rocky and Mandurah would talk?

Because it would be awesome to see a combined prems team out of those two clubs.....don't forget Kwinana while you're at it.

C'mon the

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    In the good old dark ages (actually not that long ago) just such a "zoning" plan was put together by a couple of clubs including how and where colts should play It was laughed about all the way to dead ball line by those in control. Of course those in control were from the Golden Triangle clubs. Nothing changes.
    That's because RWA would have to do some work and show some leadership and direction
    As I have said they will soon be dead and long forgotten
    With numbers at pre-season training across a lot of clubs barely worth turning the lights on for
    Waiting on Saturday to see what teams can be fielded will soon wear down the old brigade as the younger ones running these clubs will only yak so much before moving on
    This is up to RWA to sell push and assist with the setup or move the protagonist on
    Do they have the balls

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Do you think Rocky and Mandurah would talk?

Because it would be awesome to see a combined prems team out of those two clubs.....don't forget Kwinana while you're at it.
    Word is RugbyWA has dangled the words Premier Grade for a merger in front of them but who gives in first?
    I go back to an earlier post about willy nilly letting teams in. If Mandurah was not there I suspect Rocky would still be a Premier club.
    Talking of willy nilly anybody hear anything more about the ridiculous Perth Irish club idea or is that now Baysie's 5th Grade.

Rookie
    vCash
    Headed to the foreshore to see the lay of the land.. was a story indeed.. the lower grades had plenty, was a good set of 20 minute games.. reffed well and a few blokes from cott may find themselves playing up the grades looking at the standard of the main fare.. nedlands provided a reality check for Prem grade.. granted a few where out on both sides. Cott where out classed, didn't seem to have a rhythm nor play like they knew each other.. Neddies looked as if the season was continued from last.. Concerns over a few key injuries at cott and Ruru showing what a class player he is. But who knows.. preseason is just that..

Last edited by That guy; 20-03-16 at 20:14.

Red Carded
    vCash
    [QUOTE=wholetruth;408918]Word is RugbyWA has dangled the words Premier Grade for a merger in front of them but who gives in first?
    I go back to an earlier post about willy nilly letting teams in. If Mandurah was not there I suspect Rocky would still be a Premier club.
    Talking of willy nilly anybody hear anything more about the ridiculous Perth Irish club idea or is that now Baysie's 5th Grade.[/QUOTE
    Mandurah rocky and Kwinana should be forced to merge or move in
    Wanneroo and baysie should be forced to. Merge or move on
    And take your pick centrally should be forced to merge or move on
    The cricket association restructured a few years ago with a toe the line or don't play at all attitude and the Sky hasn't fallen in
    The numbers for players isn't there the quality isn't there the number of volunteers aren't there the sponsors aren't there so if your not going to get behind a direction to form a more vibrant and competitive comp move on
    This is something that has to be done
    The juniors could still maintain a sense of history if needed but I'm sure they would soon fall in line

vCash
    If Mandurah was not there I suspect Rocky would still be a Premier club.
    you might be right, and I certainly never walked the halls of power in rocky, but the impression I gained was that keeping players away from the golden triangle was a consistent struggle which made it hard for them to compete.

There have also been accusations about management issues and a whole host of other stuff thrown around.

I wouldn't blame the presence of the other two clubs in and of itself, because it would be a logical solution for mandurah and Kwinana to be feeder clubs for a rocky Prems team if the status quo went back to a few years ago and rocky hadnt been removed. I don't think there was enough trust/respect/passion/whatever-you-want-to-call-it between the organists to let it happen.

Now that I'm not involved, I would be keen to see it happen to build the game in a southern corridor that is chock-full of Poms and Saffers.

Ps when MiniGIGS was playing our lot seemed to hate Pally more than Mandurah, but that was because in that group Paly were the real threat to them...mandurah, in that age group, was a team which you could turn up and think you had a chance of winning, Pally had some bloody good players when he was in u11s

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Agree with your sentiments and what you are saying about internal problems at Rocky for a while
    As for hating Paly U11s I think it may go a little bit beyond that in some areas after they told members at a RUGBYWA meeting they went out of their way to help Joondalup get to Prems to protect their own backyard as Southern Lions were making noises about their promotion. Honour among thieves eh Bros

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Wholetruth, if you went and boiled your head, you'd have turnip soup.

WTF do a bunch of eleven year old kids have to do with your bitter and twisted view of the world?

Champion
    vCash
    No no Frank. I was actually making the point that U11s have nothing to do with it. I was making the point (obviously not too clearly it would seem M'Lud) that problems, as you constantly point out, in WA seem to stem from the top.
    Unlike brassica rapa rapa (that's a turnip) that I believe grow upwards!!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Talking of willy nilly anybody hear anything more about the ridiculous Perth Irish club idea or is that now Baysie's 5th Grade.
    Apparently they did very well as far getting players registering an interest at the St Pats Parade after party at Leederville Oval last Sunday and the first turn out was yesterday somewhere in Morley. I head some birdies chirping about it at yesterday.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Wholetruth, if you went and boiled your head
    A lot of people on this site would buy tickets to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    WTF do a bunch of eleven year old kids have to do with your bitter and twisted view of the world?
    In the interests of a fair and open argument, they're not 11 anymore.

I'm pretty sure about half of them don't actively play rugby either.

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Apparently they did very well as far getting players registering an interest at the St Pats Parade after party at Leederville Oval last Sunday and the first turn out was yesterday somewhere in Morley. I head some birdies chirping about it at yesterday.
    yep, curtin had a scratchy with them yesterday, had a great turn out, enough for two teams. they will need more to get through a full season though. a mix of experienced, old heads and newbies.

They were great, put on a feed and a few bevvies.

From what i've heard, they are looking for a home ground, so they may not always be at Pat O'Hara Reserve (from what i've heard).

Veteran
    vCash
    anybody hear anything more about the ridiculous Perth Irish club idea or is that now Baysie's 5th Grade.
    any particular reason you don't like the idea of more teams playing rugby? It isn't a prem team, so why do you care?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    more teams
    Need I say more except. where are these players coming from. Oh that's right. Other clubs.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast