Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Hurricanes v Force - Round 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    There was a fair bit of "kick the ball from deep in the 22 directly to one of the best couterattackers in the world"
    And I even saw a little "kick the ball infield to a man, but don't chase it"
    They were constant companions last year
    Added to that, too many times, pick and drive runners weren't backed up, isolating themselves and creating turnovers - often at crucial times eg, Alby

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Name:  A1448.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  73.2 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Force Ruck Stats

Name:  Canes 1.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  115.8 KB

Name:  Canes 2.png
Views: 616
Size:  32.7 KB

As far as Ruck Involvements are concerned this was the Matt Hodgson show. He was the one supporting our ball carriers and putting pressure on the Cane's ball. 3 Turn Overs Won. Game High 13 Tackles. He made 36% of the Force's total def ruck involvements and 30% of the team's TOW.

Other Force Tackle count: Cowan 11; Coleman 10; McCalman, Grant and RHP 9.

Unsure if it was the Game Plan to let Hodgo handle the bulk of the Defensive Rucks, in order to maintain the defensive line, but some of the Backs were just as involved as a few of the Forwards.

IMO below par Ruck Involvements from all Forwards except Hodgo.

After 50 mins, when the Canes were intensifying their own line speed most of the Force's Forwards went missing.

Some Positives:

+ I thought Paul Williams did a very good job of controlling the game. Decisions were good and he and his team didn't miss much.
    + At 43 mins the Force were still very much in the game - H10:6F.
    + Force had just kicked for the corner rather than taking the easy points and were pressuring the Canes.
    + This was only our 3rd real challenge of the Canes' line and once again Force went away without any points.
    + Good return from Tet Faulkner.
    + Another sound performance by Ross Haylett-Petty.
    + Tapuai seems settled with good defence.
    + Brache was running and holding onto the ball.
    + Set pieces were very good.

Negatives:

+ I question the commitment of many of our Forwards who seemingly can't lift their effort and are prepared to leave the bulk of the hard work to their 34yo Captain. (We should look at cloning Hodgo. IMO our best player by a country mile.)
    + Very subdued game efforts by McCalman (lack of pre-season in "soft' Japan - still catching up with pace & intensity of SR), Cottrell (carrying an injury??), Coleman - ditto??), Cowan (his shoulder appears to be giving him hell!)
    + Almost ZERO lift off the bench (and don't think that they should have been brought on earlier).
    + Grant missing touch way to often against a strong running back line.
    + Force DID NOT respond to the increased line speed of the Canes early in the 2nd half. Force's ball carriers became isolated with easy TO to the Canes. Simply killed what had been a very good effort up to the 56 minute mark.
    + The last 20 minute capitulation a most disappointing effort.
    + Whoever keeps the Missed Tackle stats at ESP is pretty tough (e.g Hodgo's efforts at an Ankle Tap from nowhere with the Canes last try. Hardly a missed tackle).

I hope that Foley and Hodgson do nothing but give the whole team one big serve over the next couple of days.

Hoping to see a better team effort against the Chiefs next week.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 20-03-16 at 00:49.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    its the only way to fix it
    reading all the comments are desperate people talking shit
    the players have the same fitness should have the same skill level the only thing missing is between there ears
    they emulate there coaches persona which at best is boring who comes across as someone who should be coaching chess which i am a fan of
    There are plenty of rugby tragics that should want the spot example paul roos taking on melbourne with a succession plan to a up and comer more about building the franchise to have supporters like melbourne who would not let there club die or be relocated
    sinderberry should have some sort of personal relationship with Mcqueen from the brumbies
    this bloke would get this franchise back on track within 12 weeks
    you insult yourself with your negative and defeatest attitude towards the problem and the problem is the coaching setup
    as i have said this team is not the best but certainly not the worst and should be in a position to win some scare a few top sides while keeping there fans interested
    if you have problems reading between the lines and taks things personally you should go flatting with foley and nestor
    As I said - go fuck yourself you ignorant twat. It is arseholes like you that cause problems on forums like this.

Don't bother replying - I have no interest in any more of your BS.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Hoping to see a better team effort against the Chiefs next week.
    We could provide a better team effort next week and still go down by 30.

I get that completely changing the game plan will give us some disorganised performances until everybody gets onto the same page, but what was missing last night was Ticker, too few of the boys seemed to want to continue playing into the last quarter and that is unacceptable.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    BUGGER
    Just home from a wedding to watch the replay and found the 41:6 scoreline.
    I think I'll leave the replay until tomorrow.
    35 missed tackles (73% success rate)
    Only 39% Possession and 33% Territory in 2nd half!!!
    88% Rucks won.
    Back to 15 Handling Errors.
    Set piece OK (?)
    Hurricanes: 158 runs for 811m - 26 Line Breaks
    Force: 92 runs for 320m - 4 Line Breaks
    Totally worked over in the last 17 minutes.
    Blown away by more than just a strong wind!!
    Were you at Troy's wedding Andrew?!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Were you at Troy's wedding Andrew?!
    No.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Thanks for answering my rant and offering up an option to the mess we have. I too believe that we are too structured at times especially at penalty time.Why do we have to keep looking around for someone to make a decision play on quick will also keep the other team going backwards. It also frustrates the shit out of me when the lads get camped down on our 22 in defence for so long only to clear the ball barely past the 22 line to defend again. Just plain dumb and outdated play. I don't mind being beaten when we've had a redhot go and attacked last night in the 2nd half we went back to our old conservative garbage that just doesn't work. Hence no one on the field to have the smarts and back themselves to read the game and change the pattern of the game back in our favour. We have NO KILL instinct.
    Not so much killer instinct, which is maybe players are only playing for contracts, I would more compare the force against the Hurricanes with cX factor players! I would think hurricanes and many other teams are way in front. The Fijian winger looked OK on this game as he has X factor.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Added to that, too many times, pick and drive runners weren't backed up, isolating themselves and creating turnovers - often at crucial times eg, Alby
    How many years had this coaching group been together? Why I ask is from the year where they claim they have won the most games during their existence, which really is false as they played more games that year so had more opportunity. What has changed what we watch? Yeah they say we are going to play with lots of running and passing! But what if it doesn't the profile of the players that the 'force'have got.
    Forgive me but this is what Tom Fearn talks about when he is invited to our club and speaks to coaches when they ask how should we play!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    As I said - go fuck yourself you ignorant twat. It is arseholes like you that cause problems on forums like this.

Don't bother replying - I have no interest in any more of your BS.
    Invictus as in
    Unconquerable undefeatable
    Should call yourself bitchus

vCash
    Hi All
    Just a few things I have noticed this season with Rugby in Australia..
    1) I watch nearly all Australian Games and I notice crowd number seem to be down.
    2) Australian derby crowd numbers are low.

Have fans lost confidence in the ARU in the handling of certain maters ( Karmichael Hunt Drugs saga,, Kurtley Beale,, and a few more)

A few points about the force game..

I feel we have 2 completely separate teams on the field piggies and princesses... The Piggies spend time rolling it up and holding on to the ball its then is given to the princesses to kick away then the piggies do it all again.. We need to get them working together and the Princesses taking it into contact more often to give the piggies a rest..

When I played many yrs ago the coach we had was ex military and he always said 2 things 1)hold onto the ball and 2) don't kick it.. If you don't have the ball you can't win,,,
    This was shown in last home game with runs from the backs and they looked hungry and willing. They had the ponies on the back foot then just went back to the kicking game..

Just watching the Jags V the chiefs .. The Force need to watch this game and take a leaf out of the Jags game and play like them as they holding the chiefs at half time...

Last edited by Tonkar; 20-03-16 at 08:58.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Impressed with the attitude of RHP
    A player who is playing well above what I have seen in the local comp
    Showing a lot of mongrel and working hard and playing every minute as if it's his last can forgive a few mistakes
    Only one fault is he's from Cottesloe
    This is good to see passion and aggression from an fringe player
    If the centres hit the holes with the same mentality this could have been a much better result
    that thumbs up really hurt - but when youre right...

vCash
    We looked ok for some of the game but the canes depth shone through. The subs came on, the intensity lifted and they ran away with it.

Oh well, well just have to smash the chiefs next week

and to think people were critical of our performance against the reds.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Name:  A1448.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  73.2 KB
    We can add it to the two others we have in the "trophy" cabinet.

vCash
    I must remember I only got the two memberships so I could buy Wallabie tickets! Now I feel so much better!😉

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast