Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Force chief scoffs at relocation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

Dave Smith the former CEO of the NRL copped it from the media (mostly News Ltd Rags) when he was appointed to the position because he was considered not to be a Rugby League man (Welsh banker) but he left the game a lot stronge
    I have absolutely no evidence to base this on. But anyway, I thinl the appointment of Smith was a calculated move by the ARLC to hijack Foxtel's continuing squirrell grip on the NRL. He/they did brilliantly. He then fell on his sword to allow Murdoch to save a little face after his very public AFL hissy fit. Smart bloke is John Grant. He has openly stated, while acting CEO thay the game has made a huge mistake in ignoring it's grass roots, and affirmed their latest deal will be used to address that.

Over to you Mr Clyne.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I have absolutely no evidence to base this on. But anyway, I thinl the appointment of Smith was a calculated move by the ARLC to hijack Foxtel's continuing squirrell grip on the NRL. He/they did brilliantly. He then fell on his sword to allow Murdoch to save a little face after his very public AFL hissy fit. Smart bloke is John Grant. He has openly stated, while acting CEO thay the game has made a huge mistake in ignoring it's grass roots, and affirmed their latest deal will be used to address that.

Over to you Mr Clyne.
    My opinion in terms of the NRL TV rights, which was probably the main cause of Dave Smith's demise, is that the NRL caved into News Ltd. Dave Smith had the game positioned brilliantly with the deal with Channel 9 only for Grant to cave to News for a cheaper price once Dave Smith was gone.

News gets evey game on simulcast this year and weren't forced to pay for it. Next year they get an exclusive game that starts at 6pm eastern which will be a disaster and Channel 9 gave up the Saturday game because Foxtel wanted it.

Dave Smith did the hard yards only for Grant to balls it up.

vCash
    Nein didn't want the Saturday games. I think they got good money from Fox in the end. I'm hoping they do address the grass roots with some of that, in particular the CRL.

I more than happy with the simulcast by Fox. Much better than tha jibberers on Nein

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Nein didn't want the Saturday games. I think they got good money from Fox in the end. I'm hoping they do address the grass roots with some of that, in particular the CRL.

I more than happy with the simulcast by Fox. Much better than tha jibberers on Nein
    I love the simulcast and quite correct the Fox commentary is much better then the jibberers on 9. But News should have paid for it starting a year early!

A free to air game on 9 would have great as well given the AFL's aggressive attempts at getting into the Sydney market, although it appears it's just a money pit for them.

vCash
    The reason I think they did well is that on a yearly basis they got comparable money to AFL. BUT - they have sole control of their on line rights. The AFL don't get that for six years IIRC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    There might be some on this site who don't have much time for Mark Sinderberry, but he's just earned my respect!

An argument-destroying broadside like that, so liberally littered with fact and retaliatory speculation is a beautiful thing.

All Greg Harris has achieved is to highlight the waste of money that is the Waratahs success story and give Sinders a perfect platform, built by one of the ARU's favourite bum-buddies to question the massive financial inequity that makes it tough for the Force to win rugby matches.

ps even with that, we can run the unquestioned top team in Australia (who had a pet ref) a close race.
    Very eloquently put Gigs... and I agree it is very difficult to win a game against 16 players especially when one is in charge of the whistle!!

Champion
    vCash
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised but on that awful 365 Rugby show they even gloated that or their female reporter had caused this whole thing. In fact all she did was throw out some ridiculous prediction for five years down the track. The Harris crap came out in her paper written by someone else. Gee they will stoop to any lengths to boost ratings but I think they may have lost a few - if they had that many - in WA. To his credit (that was hard to write) Greg Martin did say it wouldn't be happening.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I suspect that she threw it out there to keep herself "relevant" knowing it would kick up a fuss.

I believe that she is on maternity leave and wants to make sure she stays "topical".

I used like her a lot a few years back as she seemed to make sense, however on Wednesday show she seemed to have a real swagger about her and she lost any respect she still had from me over the past two weeks, as for the other journo the less said the better.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Fox must love the trolling that they get to do on TWF

Champion
    vCash
    I turned the show off after listening to that crap... Made me so angry!!

Champion
    vCash
    And then that goose Horan said they were a side that felt close enough was good enough. And he called Hodgo the coach.That's it for me. No more of the crap show

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I suspect that she threw it out there to keep herself "relevant" knowing it would kick up a fuss.

I believe that she is on maternity leave and wants to make sure she stays "topical".

I used like her a lot a few years back as she seemed to make sense, however on Wednesday show she seemed to have a real swagger about her and she lost any respect she still had from me over the past two weeks, as for the other journo the less said the better.
    She was stabled and mentored by that doyen of rugby hacks - Growden. That's enough to tell me I don't want to hear her or read her hackneyed writing.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3