Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Rebels

Rookie
    vCash
    All in All - same old same old. Foley's game plan vanishes after 10 mins and we fall back into mediocrity. Line out was okay but no threat on the opposition throw, scrum didnt go backwards but under the old rules we would have given away a shed load of penalties with Millar going to ground on numerous occasions. The back line was insipid baring DHP who can hold his head up. Lance was okay but not sure why people are raving. Bench impact was non existent....

New Season, New plan.. blah blah and after watching the Sunwolves have a great game after just two weeks together.... we are in for another shite season.....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Lineout did well actually. Coleman even stole one clean against the throw I believe.

We missed the impact of benny macalman. He is the player for us who trucks it up the middle, draws the defence and earns the team the right to go wide. Stander, Hodgo and Gus just don't have that impact in attack.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Same problem as last year couldn't get over the bloody try line! The rebels try's looked so easy! Still enjoyed being back watching rugby at NIB!!

vCash
    groundhog day

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Have watched the game again and the ref didn't have a perfect game but it seemed to even out in the end. He may need glasses before his next match though. Knock ons missed from both sides was rediculous. But I can't blame him for the result.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Well, that was disappointing.

Poor individual skills, poor decision making.

High, wide and handsome is fine if you have the skills and fitness to pull it off. Doesn't look like we have either.

More potassium required??

vCash
    Really enjoyed the first half - they really did try to play that expansive game they've been talking up and it seemed to be working. Thought the line out was great - Adam Coleman was a standout!

All went to shit in the second half with poor ball skills and sooooo much fatigue! I know it was hot out there but they've been training all summer at higher temps so I don't know what went wrong last night.

Also noticed that the Rebels' players looked twice as beefed up as ours - something need doing in the strength, conditioning and supplements department?

Saw Sindeberry before the game and Jo and I had a brief chat with him. Have to say he seemed less than enthusiastic about being there. Seemed nothing like the positive and determined man of previous seasons. Sad to see :-(

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    I've just watched the replay myself and i still think we were to slow of the delivery of ball. A certain winger out there i still see as a concern for our side(soft). The negative plays are still killing us eg when the rebels failed to find touch from a turnover penalty and our winger kicks it into touch making all of 7 metres. One thing i noticed in the trial game against the dragons was that the 2nd player to the breakdown was delivering the ball hence causing the overlap, only saw it happen twice in the game last night and both times we caused grief for the rebels. I still think we have to stop relying on the half back to deliver the ball all the time. Ryan louwrens has to be a starter before our season ends up in the turd again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    If the Rebels scored a try at the end as they would have won by 3 tries as that is what the change to the bonus point rule. (3 tries or more)

The Tahs picked up a BP scoring 4 tries to 1.
    Looking at the SANZAR site, seems unclear. Is it you have to score 3 or more tries, or score 3 but also win by 15?
    Tahs won by 20

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    Looking at the SANZAR site, seems unclear. Is it you have to score 3 or more tries, or score 3 but also win by 15?
    Tahs won by 20
    You have to score 3 more tries than your opposition.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    You have to score 3 more tries than your opposition.
    And win? Cos technically you could lose if the other team scored heaps of penalties

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    I'm trying to be positive but it is difficult when we continue to fail at the basics. Stand deep in attack. Run onto the ball. Catch the ball. Hold on to the ball. Stop 'kicking for territory', by kicking it straight to the opposition. Support each other at the break down.

I thought the ref had a pretty average game as well... Mistakes on both sides so it didn't really affect the outcome, but it felt like we didn't believe in the off side rule for at least 3/4s of the game.

Last edited by Jehna; 28-02-16 at 13:48.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Will watch the game tomorrow and see if my thoughts on the ref were correct in which case we was robbed!��
    Listening in on the ref ears last night was interesting. When we scored our try, the Rebels committed 4 penalties in ~30 seconds. When Lance asked about them, he was told: "If you hadn't scored, they'd have lost a player." If they deserve to lose a player, they should have lost a player; scoring doesn't matter.

In the second half (all refs seem to forget about 1st half penalties at half-time) there was another string of penalties by the Rebels and the ref indicated that the next would be a card. At the next breakdown, the Rebels offended and the ref said "Didn't get the number", a touchie called "White 7" which the ref ignored.

Towards the end we had an attacking scrum which the Rebels wheeled and the touchie was calling "White, White, White" which the ref ignored, and when we lost the ball the Rebels cleared down to our end (and, I think, ultimately scored their last try from). Should have gone back to the scrum penalty.

The Rebels were offending all night and the ref was basically letting them get away with it. He's not been a top level ref for long and it seemed like he was concerned about handing out cards.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    Always makes me wonder if their comms is working properly.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Totally agree Sheikh.

And the 2 early penalties against Marcel are real momentum killers.

The ref seemed lost there at times. A penalty advantage 25 m out should result in a kick at goal or a try...not time and call advantage over.

But we lost it on knock ons...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast