Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Rebels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    Watching the game on tv, appeared to me that we weren't attacking the breakdown anywhere near as much in past years. It probably comes with trying to play a more expansive game. Dumbfounded as to why Masiwera wasn't brought on earlier especially when we were camped on their 22 and needed a linebreak for the try.

Just thankful that the git wearing 9 for the rabble just kicked the ball out to give us a BP, when they should have pushed for a try and BP for them.
    Changes to the laws this season, only get BP if you win by more than 3 tries

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    3 tries or more.
    >=3, not >3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    If the Rebels scored a try at the end as they would have won by 3 tries as that is what the change to the bonus point rule. (3 tries or more)

The Tahs picked up a BP scoring 4 tries to 1.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I thought Jono lance had a great game and certainly has a decent set of tackling shoulders as well unlike some other bigger backs out there who have a history of soft defence. I must say though that i think Alby has lost his touch the pace seems to be gone and so does the sniping and allround mongrel he previously had. Surely we could've used the heat to our advantage more seeing as we spent 3 months training in the shit. can some one please tell me is Ryan Louwrens injured or just wasn't picked in the squad?

Senior Player
    vCash
    At least we're not last on the table either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    can some one please tell me is Ryan Louwrens injured or just wasn't picked in the squad?
    Pretty sure he's injured.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    I was going to wait till tomorrow to vent my spleen. You know, sleep on it, watch the replay,... but I can't.

Truth is, I saw very little of the new game plan. There was still a lot of aimless kicking, especially in the first half.

What I DID see was what I have been seeing for the last few years - poor basic skills, and POOR JUDGMENT. Throwing the 50/50 pass when it's just not on. Attempting to run in dangerous situations. Kicking when we have an overlap. Passing instead of taking the tackle (why is it only DHP and Lance were happy to run into collisions - Grant, Morahan rarely took the ball up....).

Yes the lineout was sound (Coleman is a future Wallaby, and should have played in the last world cup. He and Rory Arnold would be an awesome locking pair), and the scrum ok. And Kyle was awesome in defence. But there was no accuracy in the cleanout, and, again, poor judgment around when to send more into the breakdown, when to stand back, when to just play the ball at the base of the ruck to keep the tempo up even before our halfback arrives.

The simple handling errors were appalling. Neither of the two teams will bother too many in the comp.

I'm sorry, but as much as i love Alby, he's a split second too ponderous for me. Give Louwrens a go - he's built like a proverbial shitter, and is quick. And could we please see Masiwera start instead of Morahan, whose best will just have to be the try he scored against the Lions - he's still a liability in defence.

And though the conditions were trying, why were so many cramping up? SO much was made of the fitness work pre season.

Anyway, I'll probably regret some of this stuff tomorrow, but will just post it now anyway...

Good night.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If we can't beat the Rabble in a cripple-fight at home then we're in for another long season.

We got bitch-slapped at the breakdown. With our ball being pilfered on a regular basis couldn't we have changed our tactics and committed more players to protect possession? Our restarts were neither long nor contestable? Why? They were just long enough to ensure the Rabble clean possession. I'll give them credit for a much improved line-out.

We have another cripple-fight next week against the Reds and then the games just get harder and harder. All the pre-season hype turns to smoke when we lose a home game like tonight's.

Not happy Jan

Player
    vCash
    So in the first game of the year, where we spend the first half trying offloads and running the ball, people think we are playing the same game as last year!!!! All I want to say is watch the replay!!! The second half was where we went back to previous habits and we lost ground and spent more time in our half. The first half we were in their half most of the time and all we need is more practice at offloading and supporting.

Here's a thought...how do you get better at something without practice and trying in a real situation!

Keep it up boys!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well after ten years I decided not to expect to much and I wasn't disappointed!
    Some basic ball handling skills would be nice! Admittedly the game was played at a more hectic pace than some weve been involved in and the ball was passed a lot more than we are used to seeing.
    I was very surprised to see Peter Grant kick (fly hack) the ball away with just 5 mins to go and trailing by 6! Must be a South African thing I suppose!
    Health and fitness!!!!! Some one has got something very wrong in the supplements or conditioning department! By Perth standards that was only warm and OUR guys were falling like flys! Those last 10 mins were supposed to be our 16th player. What the dark happens there?
    Apart from all of the above that was a lot better than some off last years games and I will take that as a positive.
    Please Please Please thrash the Reds next week!

May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    And a lit more straight more running

vCash
    Will watch the game tomorrow and see if my thoughts on the ref were correct in which case we was robbed!💩

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Pretty sure he's injured.
    Not injured

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Not injured
    Lost the 20's, lost the senior game against a bottom four outfit and we were at home!
    Where is this franchise heading with Foley/Sinderberry?
    The ARU own it now don't they?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    I thought Jono lance had a great game and certainly has a decent set of tackling shoulders as well unlike some other bigger backs out there who have a history of soft defence. I must say though that i think Alby has lost his touch the pace seems to be gone and so does the sniping and allround mongrel he previously had. Surely we could've used the heat to our advantage more seeing as we spent 3 months training in the shit. can some one please tell me is Ryan Louwrens injured or just wasn't picked in the squad?
    Louwrens is not injured just out of favor with Herr Foley the great dictator..Alby is just too slow and offers nothing in attack...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast