Thread: Meet the Players Day

vCash

Meet the Players Day

Went yesterday, a reasonable turn out. What was apparent were some of the youngsters in attendance there, didn't know who was signing the cards, shirts, etc. They didn't recognise many of the players. Such a shame. We need more publicity, and I have already sent my "words of wisdom" to local media! Lets hope this changes with onset of a successful season. Overall a good day.

Pek signed my car.. to add to my "specials"...LOL!

Something Foley said was when he receives particularly bad threads from rugby websites a "well meaning" friend sends them to him. However, there was one in particular, that he was advised to keep! It was from me! Hopefully he was advised to keep it for the right reason!!

Hodgo and Cheese particularly looked lean and mean, and confessed they had lost a few kilos. Everyone I spoke to said the rights things that they were eager to get going..

Many thanks for the TWFer who gave me the Sharpie banner. That will take pride of place in my office..

Not long now..

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Stuck my head in for a while. Much more low key than previous years. Cost cutting?
    And then the power went down!
    Agree about some of the kids not knowing some players but the organisation probably needs to do more to promote them. There was hardly any promotion of the fan day compared to previous years.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    wathcing the pre-season match, i didn't know quite a few of the faces!

vCash
    There were quite a few newbies but all were friendly and more than happy to tell you who they were, where they were from etc.
    a good bunch of lads I hope that their positive attitude which they all had bears fruit out on the paddock.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    New events manager. I asked her why it was at the back of RugbyWA and she advised it was because the "fans" wanted to see the players doing what they do best; ie doing some drills, and encouraging the youngsters to take part. I admitted to Foles that I didn't recognise some of the players, and was hard pressed to find some familiar faces.. He said to go up and instroduce myself..but if I didn't know who they were I could have been seen as "hitting on" a random. LOL!! That would have been very funny.
    Peter Grant did tell me he's been practising his kicking and the pressure was on

Champion
    vCash
    Went along for a short time. It's really to hot at this time of year to have it out the back, much better to have it in the park over the road. Also they have not sent out the linebreak magazine yet this year with the players profiles in it. I asked and was told that it was being sent out next week so they could have the new players featured in it

vCash
    Very hot agree pity mag couldn't have been sent before the day