Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anderson’s task to nurture Force starlets

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I've not spoken to either Mal or Gavin (or anyone else) about it.

It seems that they and/or Fearn are thinking on the same lines as I am though.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I've not spoken to either Mal or Gavin (or anyone else) about it.

It seems that they and/or Fearn are thinking on the same lines as I am though.
    Fearn wasnt critical of RugbyWA, but said this resource should be funded by RugbyWA. What I gathered was his reasoning was if the standards in club coaching circles were raised through coaching of senior coaches, these coaches had access to many players which would then raise the the overall ability of players and their teams as the coaching standards would be better.
    Maybe he is involved,( I did hear he was going away) as his vision was to see a coach come through the club ranks, through NRC and finally become a coach (or head) at the force.
    Fearn would be ideal at this job, as when I was listening he seemed to have quite a bit of passion about the game in WA.
    The team atm still has a FIFO look about it as is with the coaching/ management and now with the new guy and the influx of outsiders to the academy it will be even more so.
    Time will tell but being from Rocky/mandurah area it will not affect us too much.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Bloody Mungos

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    If only it was angry Anderson. The team might be taken seriously if he was nurturing the young fellas
    That's the sort of "out of the box" thinking this tired organisation needs. Imagine this at 3:00 pre kickoff on GF day - Ondieki whose laughing now?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7J2madZVFA

Rookie
    vCash
    What has happened to the Future Force. Original intake Scoble, Hardwick, Koteka. Koteka graduated to a full Force contract. This is for "young players – between the ages of 18 and 21" all three turn 22 this year. Onehunga Havilli new graduate. Where are the future force are they waiting for the Aus Under 20? Has the money run out? Isn't there anyone good enough to invest in?

Rookie
    vCash
    Alas some answers yesterday maybe two more South African's the new RHP and a DHP

Champion
    vCash
    A bundle of SA players now in the academy. Ask Cottesloe and the gold triangle clubs where they are and who they are playing for. Oh that's right you had to have spare house near the coast and close to training if you wanted them.
    And how's this from one of them on the Force's own website.
    “First up I would really like to play for the Force as soon as I can, then I would love to continue that by representing my country [South Africa] and continue from there.”
    Aren't we supposed to be bringing them in as possible Wallabies.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    A bundle of SA players now in the academy. Ask Cottesloe and the gold triangle clubs where they are and who they are playing for. Oh that's right you had to have spare house near the coast and close to training if you wanted them.
    And how's this from one of them on the Force's own website.
    “First up I would really like to play for the Force as soon as I can, then I would love to continue that by representing my country [South Africa] and continue from there.”
    Aren't we supposed to be bringing them in as possible Wallabies.
    I understand that but if he is here in 3 years residence good enough and offered Wallaby Gold do you think he will say no. The first wave of South Africans seems to be worthwhile in that 4 of the 6 have stayed and the other two are in Stormers and Bok Blitzers 7's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2