Thread: TESSMANN RETURNS FOR SEASON 2016

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

TESSMANN RETURNS FOR SEASON 2016

TESSMANN RETURNS FOR SEASON 2016

By David Berrie on Mon 11th January 16

Western Force hooker Heath Tessmann has signed on for the 2016 Asteron Life Super Rugby season, and will look to back up another strong year of rugby after playing all 16 matches for the Force last season.

The Western Australian side has retained the bulk of its forward pack for the 2016 season, while adding the experience of Peter Grant (formerly of the Stormers), Ben Tapuai (Queensland Reds) and Jono Lance (NSW Waratahs), who will provide added depth and experience to the backline next year.

Tessmann, who initially joined the Western Force as part of the Wider Training Squad for 2013, will embark on his fourth season with the club, after playing in every match during 2015.

The 31-year-old, who captained the Perth Spirit during the 2015 Buildcorp National Rugby Championship (NRC), said he’s excited about running out for the Force again in 2016.

“It was a really easy decision for me to make,” he said. “This is where I wanted to continue to play Asteron Life Super Rugby, the culture we’ve created around here is amazing and I want to continue my journey here with the Force.”

“We addressed the issues from last season and have moved on to a new style of play, which I can’t wait to see out on the pitch and be a part of. Most importantly I can’t wait to get out there and play my role for the team.”

Head Coach Michael Foley says Tessmann’s re-signing will add to a physical forward unit in 2016.

“Heath has always had excellent skills as a ball carrier but his dedication to his core skills are strengthening his ability to deliver more at the set piece,” he said.

“During the NRC, Heath led a strong leadership team [with Ian Prior and Angus Cottrell], which is a good indicator of what he can deliver for the team moving forward.”

Tessmann will cover hooker along with Nathan Charles and new recruit Tom Sexton, who joins the Force from the Melbourne Rebels.

Name: Heath Tessmann
    Born: 03/03/1984, Ayr (Queensland)
    Position: Hooker
    Club: Nedlands
    Height: 182cm
    Weight: 105kg
    Super Rugby caps: 44
    Super Rugby points: 5
    Super Rugby debut: 2011 (Rebels) v Waratahs, Melbourne
    Representative Rugby: 2014-2015 Perth Spirit; 2012-2016 Western Force; 2011-2012 Melbourne Rebels; 2003 Queensland Under 19; 2001 Australia ‘A’ Schoolboys
    - See more at: https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti....0wanIuFD.dpuf

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I also see that given Palu wasnt able to play in japan he's taken a roster spot @ the tahs from another player for this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I also see that given Palu wasnt able to play in japan he's taken a roster spot @ the tahs from another player for this year
    Palu is a good option for super rugby, would be a starter in most teams. It's the pressure that stuffs him up, and that on,y shows in international rugby.

I would sign him if I were the tahs (not so much for the force)

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Tessman looking to lift for Force

Nick Taylor

Western Force hooker Heath Tessmann played in every game of last year's Super Rugby season but every appearance was from the reserves bench.
    It is something he is hoping to change when the new season kicks off next month.
    Tessmann, who yesterday (Monday) re-signed for another season, will be under pressure from Wallaby Nathan Charles and new signing Tom Sexton who has joined from the Melbourne Rebels.
    "It was frustrating last season but I was happy with that role. That was my role in the team but hopefully that will expand a little bit this year," Tessmann said.
    Tessmann, now 31, and a relative latecomer to professional rugby, said he was "stoked" to be spending another year at the Force.
    He also did not want to leave with the club having just gone through a low point after finishing with the 2015 wooden spoon.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...ift-for-force/