Thread: QLD Premier Rugby champions Souths Magpies have recruited four Australian schoolboys

vCash

QLD Premier Rugby champions Souths Magpies have recruited four Australian schoolboys

DEFENDING Premier Rugby champions Souths Magpies have recruited four Australian schoolboys to build on an already successful program.

The club has welcomed young talents Jack Farrell, Liam Moseley, Jayden Ngananu and Kalala Meni to Chipsy Wood Oval, to boost its Colts squad for next season.

Souths’ Premier Rugby coach Brett Picone said he wanted every team at the Magpies to challenge for titles in 2016.

“Getting these four kids to our club is a huge boost for us,” Picone said.
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/questn...a059fdfc40e958

Jayden Ngananu RugbyWA junior played for Bayswater and Wanneroo Most probably the best Junior WA has ever had and he is playing in Brisbane...............ANOTHER JUNIOR LOST wtf IS RUGBYWA DOING ABOUT THIS... PLAIN SWEET NOTHING.......Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  62.1 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by pieter blackie; 26-11-15 at 21:26.

Player
    vCash
    Was he poached, like he was from Bayswater or just made other promises?

vCash
    coached him at Baysie and coached him at Wanneroo left to play in Brisbane schools rugby got into Aussie schools He is really good only 18 but no opertunity in WA

Player
    vCash
    Did he have family in Brisbane?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Q. Who is to blame for this.......

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    At this point, does it matter?

remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    pointing fingers and making emotive accusations is way more fun. Continue.

Player
    vCash
    So much junior talent has left this state never to return due to lack of opportunities.
    1. Why the Premier Grade clubs are not doing more to foster this lost junior talent, rather than importing players astounds me.
    2. Rugby WA needs to really look at doing more in this area as well, better coaches, better control of where the money is spent. Encourage Premier Grade Clubs to support more local talent, restrict the number of out of State Imports possibly.

vCash
    3. There is a bigger population, therefore player base & therefore more clubs over east so they are in demand for more players & therefore more opportunities.

So to answer your question TIF. I'm heaping the blame solely and squarely on that selfish mother known as geography! Curses! We hates it! Retched, filthy, false it is!

Last edited by jono; 27-11-15 at 07:35. Reason: To appease any delicate flowers I thought I'd just make it abundantly clear I'm taking the piss...

vCash
    Tony Abbott?

vCash
    George W Bush

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Those damn dirty apes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    So much junior talent has left this state never to return due to lack of opportunities.
    1. Why the Premier Grade clubs are not doing more to foster this lost junior talent, rather than importing players astounds me.
    2. Rugby WA needs to really look at doing more in this area as well, better coaches, better control of where the money is spent. Encourage Premier Grade Clubs to support more local talent, restrict the number of out of State Imports possibly.
    Has anyone tried asking the kids why they've left? Maybe they've got a job over east (I understand some clubs may help players find work), maybe they wanted to travel a bit, maybe they have family over there, maybe they want to leave because of the way they've been treated by local clubs/RWA.

Similarly, restricting the number of out of state imports may be tricky; what happens if guys from over east find work out here and want to play rugby, but can't get a game for their local club because they've already got their quota of out of staters?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Has anyone tried asking the kids why they've left? Maybe they've got a job over east (I understand some clubs may help players find work), maybe they wanted to travel a bit, maybe they have family over there, maybe they want to leave because of the way they've been treated by local clubs/RWA.

Similarly, restricting the number of out of state imports may be tricky; what happens if guys from over east find work out here and want to play rugby, but can't get a game for their local club because they've already got their quota of out of staters?
    Please stop being reasonable.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I feel a bit sad that some of our youngsters are going over east for opportunities but I feel like Nick Jooste is not indicative of anything. He is 18. He is definitely a good 2 years off being starting Super Rugby quality. How could we justify recruiting him when we already have a couple of quality local inside back like Kyle Godwin and Luke Burton. Burton may not have as much raw talent as Jooste, but he plays with a butt load of courage and he has never disappointed in the Force jersey. Plus he is ready to start at Super level if required. Jooste is not. Even in the NRC we saw moments of immaturity/lack of experience from Jooste. I really hope he comes back after his two years at the Brumbies but I think to blame the Force for his going in the first place is a bit naive. I can't say I know any of the organisational issues currently going on or why long-term rugby servants are turning away from the game (however it almost feels like that is the way across all sports), but I would have been surprised if a young fella who was offered a contract didn't take it. James O'Connor did the same when he came over to us. Lets hope that things work out better for Nick than they did for him.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    James O'Connor did the same when he came over to us. Lets hope that things work out better for Nick than they did for him.
    Well put, as usual. With Peter Grant being also on the books there simply isn't room. It might be better to look at the positive and see that, for all that is supposedly being done wrong, WA has somehow managed to produce at least 3 young playmakers with real potential.
    Perhaps when Peter Grant hangs up the boots he can be replaced adequately by one of them. Maybe even the one developed by Bernie Larkham?