Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brumbies to sign super-boot Nick Jooste to Super Rugby contract

vCash

Brumbies to sign super-boot Nick Jooste to Super Rugby contract

TEENAGE super-boot Nick Jooste is set to be snapped up by the Brumbies, becoming just the sixth player in history to be signed on a full-time Super Rugby contract while still at school.

Jooste would join Wallabies Kurtley Beale, Quade Cooper, James O’Connor, Luke Jones and Chris Feauai-Sautia on the list of Australian schoolboy signings.

While most talented youngsters are blooded through academy systems, the tall and lanky five-eighth Jooste would go straight into the full-time training squad, receiving tutelage from Brumbies coach Stephen Larkham.

Read more: http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport...-1227549269675

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Foley and the force asleep at the wheel again...

Just keep signing saffas and kiwis before the locals because it has been such a success.

These blokes are a joke.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Champion
    vCash
    Kicking sensation Nick Jooste signs with Brumbies

Nick Taylor September 29, 2015

Western Force have lost teenage kicking sensation Nick Jooste to rival Super Rugby club ACT Brumbies.
    The youngest player in the National Rugby Championship, Jooste was set to join the Future Force academy but the Brumbies have made a bigger counter-offer that could see him sign a Super contract.
    The 18-year-old fly-half was part of the Force’s long term planning and they drafted him into the Perth Spirit squad after his stand-out performances for the WA under-20 side.
    Joose told The West Australian it would be “awesome” to join the Force program but it is understood he has now been tempted by the Brumbies.
    “I’d love to get into the Force program, it would be awesome. That’s the goal,” he said.
    His manager Ben Williams said he was still talking with the Force but would not comment on his dealings with the Brumbies. He expects a decision by the end of the week.
    Jooste, who has just finished his final year at Hale School, is with the Australian Schoolboys for the Tri-Nations tournament against New Zealand and Samoa.
    He can convert from almost 60 metres, a distance few, if any, professional player can match - and he can add a few more metres to that when he kicks from hand.
    He has made four appearances for Spirit including a start in the second round clash against Sydney Stars when he showed a turn of speed to finish off a long range try.
    He scored more than 450 points including 25 tries in three seasons for the Hale 1st XV.
    Born in Perth with an Australian mother and South African father, the rangy 94kg and 191cm Jooste played both AFL and rugby until he was 11-years-old. Four years later he was kicking from halfway.
    “Spirit and the Australian Schoolboys all came about pretty quickly but it’s been really exciting.
    “The NRC was definitely a step up from school, it is so much quicker and there are a lot of bigger bodies but I’m really loving it.
    “During the school season the coaches said they would look at me for the Spirit but I didn’t think I would get as much exposure as I have had.
    “I guess my kicking originates from playing footy but I’ve adapted my style to rugby.
    “I have always had a strong interest in kicking and have been concentrating on it a lot more in the last couple of years.”

Player
    vCash
    So it's not a definite signature yet?
    His agent has been quoted as saying...
    Also if he is being touted as a future Wallaby and if this young 17/18yr old flyhalf gets a 2yr tutelage under Larkharm for a change of scenery, and comes back to the Force as a 20yr to back up the starting 10.

It's all win win.

Lots of ifs and speculation there, a bit like the actual article..

vCash
    Yeah I'm still taking the opportunity to vent some gluestick rage!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Also if he is being touted as a future Wallaby and if this young 17/18yr old flyhalf gets a 2yr tutelage under Larkharm for a change of scenery, and comes back to the Force as a 20yr to back up the starting 10.

It's all win win.

Which article. The West has him saying he wanted to stay. A few porkies maybe?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Player Manager Games!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Which article. The West has him saying he wanted to stay. A few porkies maybe?
    The link to the article in the first post, had lots of 'speculation' and 'not yet finaliseds' - who knows the back story?

vCash

It's all win win.

I agree G. We don't have a decent backs coach ATM and he could only benefit from Larkams tutelage. If he comes back hooray but once he's out there in Brumbie land a pond playing well will we have enough moola to get him back?
    Which ever way it goes good luck to the young man.

May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I agree G. We don't have a decent backs coach ATM and he could only benefit from Larkams tutelage. If he comes back hooray but once he's out there in Brumbie land a pond playing well will we have enough moola to get him back?
    Which ever way it goes good luck to the young man.
    I think it's more of a single player/position development as opposed to a backs coach.
    Think of any kid in the UK or NZ in the 10 position getting to opportunity to have an apprenticeship under Wilkinson and Carter respectively. - doesn't matter what county or club they are from, they would jump at it.
    Obviously the kid has talent, and has been coached/trained/developed to this point, and possibly he has been earmarked for even bigger things in the future.
    Who knows, this could be a joint venture with the ARU across Australia to create the best batch of youngsters over the next 4 years to dominate world rugby.

vCash
    Who knows, this could be a joint venture with the ARU across Australia to create the best batch of youngsters over the next 4 years to dominate world rugby.
    You credit the ARU with too much brains there.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I think that Joost has done the best thing for his development. The Force cannot provide the expertise that he requires and the Brumbies have some of the best. He will also get to play against a better standard of player on a regular basis, which he will never get in WA.

Good luck to the young man, and hopefully the drawcard of coming home in the future will be to the Force's benefit.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Can hardly blame him. As much as I would like to see him stay over here.... he has the opportunity to learn directly from Larkham.

No contest really....

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Can hardly blame him. As much as I would like to see him stay over here.... he has the opportunity to learn directly from Larkham.

No contest really....
    Doesn't that just highlight a assume problem in the force set up where a young players moves because of a lack of quality coaching.

A lack of a real artack/backs coach is a massive blunder for the force which has and will continue to cost us big time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Doesn't that just highlight a assume problem in the force set up where a young players moves because of a lack of quality coaching.
    Absolutely it does

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast