Thread: Brumbies to sign super-boot Nick Jooste

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Brumbies to sign super-boot Nick Jooste

Brumbies to sign super-boot Nick Jooste to Super Rugby contract while 18-year-old is still at school

JAMIE PANDARAM
    The Daily Telegraph
    September 29, 2015 3:39PM

TEENAGE super-boot Nick Jooste is set to be snapped up by the Brumbies, becoming just the sixth player in history to be signed on a full-time Super Rugby contract while still at school.

Jooste would join Wallabies Kurtley Beale, Quade Cooper, James O’Connor, Luke Jones and Chris Feauai-Sautia on the list of Australian schoolboy signings.

While most talented youngsters are blooded through academy systems, the tall and lanky five-eighth Jooste would go straight into the full-time training squad, receiving tutelage from Brumbies coach Stephen Larkham.

The 18-year-old from Perth, who kicks goals from 60 metres out, received interest from franchises in Australia and South Africa — where his father was born — but it’s understood he will settle on Canberra as his destination next year.

Brumbies chief executive Michael Jones said while his club is in negotiations with Jooste a deal has not yet been finalised.

Jooste shot to prominence last month when a video of his incredible goal-kicking skills was posted online.

He is officially Australia’s biggest boot in either rugby code, already kicking goals from further out than noted kickers Pat Richards in the NRL and Nic White, who ironically has left the Brumbies to play in France.

The Daily Telegraph tracked Jooste down shortly after the video went viral, and he said he’d been blown away by the sudden interest from various Super Rugby teams.

“It’s all come out of nowhere, I’m really flattered and excited,” Jooste said.

“It would be amazing to play Super Rugby one day, but at the moment I’m taking it week by week.”

“We’ll just have to see how I go in the NRC and if I perform then hopefully I’ll get opportunities.”

Jooste is playing for Perth Spirit in the NRC, but the Western Force have missed out on his signature. However the Force are also looking at other talented young playmakers who are emerging from Perth and within the Force academy.

It’s believed Jooste’s management company Player’s Ink will sign an agreement with the Brumbies for an extended playing squad spot for 2016 and 2017, although they would not confirm any details.

Jooste’s monster boot could be a deadly weapon at Super Rugby level in years to come, given Australia has traditionally struggled to produce front-line goal-kickers who can knock them over from halfway and beyond.

Jooste will have two Wallabies in front of him for the Brumbies’ five-eighth position — Matt Toomua and Christian Lealiifano — but could conceivably play Super Rugby in 2016 if there were injuries.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1227549269675

Could only be worse if he was going to the Tahs.

I wonder if we actually had a go at signing him before the Brumbies made an offer??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Nasty Brumbies. Nasty, tricksy, false. They stole our precioussssss.

He'll come back after that 2 years. It would be great to sign him but what about Luke Burton? Burton is super ready while Jooste probably isn't. The Force just have to keep the door wide open.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Fucking brumbies... God I hate them.
    Hopefully it's as James says - they develop him and he comes back to Perth one day

Senior Player
    vCash
    Ah, sheeyit.

They shouda figured out whether they wanted him signed on before they started playing him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Fucking brumbies... God I hate them.
    Hopefully it's as James says - they develop him and he comes back to Perth one day
    Mark my words, if he shows any promise in the development, he'll head to the Tahs, not to us.

C'mon the

vCash
    Dont have a go at the Brumbies for signing him have a go at the force for letting him slip through the fingers like so may others before him

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It did seem a pretty obvious risk when they signed both Lance and Grant. You might have thought he'd've been a high priority for a team whose game plan revolves so much around kicking and territory...

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    [B

Jooste is playing for Perth Spirit in the NRC, but the Western Force have missed out on his signature. However the Force are also looking at other talented young playmakers who are emerging from Perth and within the Force academy.
    Anyone have any idea who they are talking about because I don't

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Anyone have any idea who they are talking about because I don't
    It's the Waratahs media mafia - nor do they

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Mark my words, if he shows any promise in the development, he'll head to the Tahs, not to us.
    I'd love to disagree with you but we all know how it works & you're pretty spot on

vCash
    Why would he come to the Force with Foley's game plan in place?

vCash
    Coz apparently the boy can kick.....foley game plan is a perfect advertisement for that particular skil

C'mon the