Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs Uruguay

vCash
    Cheers BnB! Have to say there doesn't look to much in that.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Foley is safe. Thank f@ck.
    Cooper may be Carlos Spencer's long lost son.

vCash
    How do so many usually reliable kickers get the yips at one time.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    4/10 off the tee... I'm going to shoot something!

vCash
    On the bright side it could be a good thing Quade can't hit the backside of a barn in this game.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    That should put us on top of the ladder. Wonder if the Yanks can beat the Scots now...

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    If we thought we drew the Group of Death, imagine how Uruguay feel. Very brave defense for a long time from a team of ameteurs. Well played and thought they deserved a meat pie at least.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Well putting QC on a plane was a waste of a ticket but the aru seem to be happy to waste money on him.
    Should have taken that Rebels guy Debronski. Sorry abut spelling on that!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Well putting QC on a plane was a waste of a ticket but the aru seem to be happy to waste money on him.
    Yes. He has some amazing ball skills and vision, one of the best long passing games I've seen in either code and some of the best footwork. Unfortunately his decision making doesn't match his other gifts. And his kicking is on the blink. He's just too much of a risk in the big games - if we get to play in them.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Should have taken that Rebels guy Debronski. Sorry abut spelling on that!
    I have to give you a thumbs up for that spelling, you make DEBRONSKI sound like a bayad MOTHAFUKKA!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Who's had a few beers while watching the game then?

vCash
    This half of the squad will benefit from the run but 19 Handling Errors really says it all. (4 x Forwards and 15 x Backs - Cooper, Mitchell, Speight and Tomane all 3 a piece).
    Enough has been said about QC's 45% conversion rate - very poor.

Surprised that against this standard of opposition that there were so few TOW - 8 Total - McCalman 2; 1 to each of Sio, Mumm, Palu, Cooper, Tomane and Beale.

Ruck Involvements for the Wallaby Forwards

Remember:
    1. Early means 1st or 2nd of player’s team AFTER the ball carrier has been tackled and brought to ground.
    2. Impact means active engagement: strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, protecting ball etc. (more than hand on someone’s bum or arriving after the hard work has been done). Yes it’s subjective - but as I collect all data at least it’s consistent.
    3. Impact DOES NOT equate to Effectiveness. I’ve concluded that coming up with an effectiveness measure is just too hard in the time that I have available – but open to suggestions.

Name:  Wallaby Rucks.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  W Rucks 10.png
Views: 310
Size:  26.0 KB

Comments:

1. McMahon and McCalman head and shoulders above the rest with 35% of Total Ruck involvements by Forwards and 45% of Defensive Ruck involvements by Forwards. IMO McCalman should be in the RWC XXIII as he just does what he does and is more than useful at the Line Out.
    2. Mumm the best of the rest by a significant margin. He also had 4 LOW and Stole 4.
    3. The Backs had 27% of Total and 40% of Defensive Ruck involvements.
    4. Commendable Def Ruck involvements by Sio (5), Toomua (6) and Tomane (4).
    5. This group of Front Rowers contributed only 29% of Total Ruck involvements. IMO this is a real problem area for the Wallabies in the RWC. Too much of the ruck work for the Wallabies is being left to our Back Row. Teams such as ABs, Boks and England have Front Rows which get involved in Rucks to the tune of ~40% of Total Rucks. This frees up the Back Row to be more involved as ball carriers.
    6. The involvement/work rate of Toby Smith in particular is of concern. A good scrummager but light involvement in rucks, 2 tackles made/2 tackles missed, 3 Penalties, 3 runs for 21m - 1 Clean Break/1 Def Beaten. Uruguay did not work our scrum very hard. But this was his first start at Test level.
    7. Palu put in a reasonable effort in the 1st half. 8 Tackles/0 missed, 1 LOW, 1 TOW. But I reckon we won't see him again at the RWC.
    8. Skelton's work rate/involvement continues to be of concern (at least for me). 5 Tackles/1 Missed; 7 runs for 29m - 2 Def Beaten, 4 Passes; 1 Penalty + numerous warnings; 0 LOW. When he left the ground both Speight and Toomua had at least the same number of ruck involvements with more impact. I reckon he too may have played his last game at the RWC.
    9. Simmon's ruck involvement continues at about 66% of his SuperRugby involvement and 75% of his TWC involvement. Maybe he's been asked to save himself for the set pieces.

I reckon our national coach chewing gum during his post-match interview is a bad look on the World stage.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Cooper pretty hard done by with that YC. Make the boys work a bit harder.
    Given the refs have been told to crack down on high tackles and dangerous play, I'm not sure I'd say hard done-by. True that QC didn't lift the guy's legs or drive him into the ground, but in real time that'd look bad enough to me to card him, especially if I'd been given a directive to stop that sort of play.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yes. He has some amazing ball skills and vision, one of the best long passing games I've seen in either code and some of the best footwork. Unfortunately his decision making doesn't match his other gifts. And his kicking is on the blink. He's just too much of a risk in the big games - if we get to play in them.
    You forgot to mention his complete lack of defensive anything.

Come to think of it Beale was particularly noticeable in running away from defense last night. Maybe they've been training together

C'mon the

vCash
    Wallabies did what they needed to. Not sure you can take much out of that considering the opposition, but everyone in the squad has now had a run and Cheika has seen what they can do.

Cooper and Beale obviously look better with time and space, but Cooper will never get the nod ahead of Foley considering his kicking from the tea was average and a yellow card. Skelton did little in a match where he should have run over the defense every time he had the ball in his hands and then picked up a shoulder injury for doing what?

well done to McCalman bagging two pies.

can obviously see the eng - aus match a much more dour affair. I assume that if we beat them then their goose is cooked

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast