Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spirit v Vikings

Champion
    vCash
    A bit of perspective, James Lentjes the Highlanders openside flanker played in the Super 15 final, had one week off and ripped straight back into Dunedin club rugby. The Highlanders forward pack on the Wed before flying out to Wellington on the Thursday for the Super 15 final all went out pig hunting running up and down hill's chasing pigs through the bush.
    Jamie Joseph had no problem with this because that's what they had been doing all season.
    The medical staff here monitor player fatigue overload bullshit with GPS crap, graphs and whatever else is new on the market and look for ways to keep players off the field rather than do their job they were employed to do and get them back out on the track ASAP.
    I would never accuse any of the players of not trying their absolute best come match day but they haven't been given the correct preparation in my opinion anyway.
    If anyone has had the opportunity to sit down and have a beer with any of these guy's you would know that they are all genuine good solid buggers and empty the tank every time they play but they simply don't get the game time under their belt to close matches out and in the NRC this has been glaringly obvious.
    Old saying that has stood the test of time 'When the body goes the mind goes with it' hence the taking of easy options and penalties and yellow cards that go with the territory of not being match fit.
    Hitting shields and running laps along with whatever the latest aerobic thing is will only get you so far.
    You will find that there is a gradual mindset set change happening back to a bit of old school in the professional set up's in NZ anyway.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    And where did the highlanders finish - with their no name forward pack?
    At the opposite end of the table!!!! Plus travelled to win it.
    andrewg you are full of excuses.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    To be honest, I think there are a lot of people quietly cool with that.
    I'm NOT one of them!

If you remember I tried to get some discussion going on the "uneven playing field" but didn't get a lot of interest.
    I'm not going to give up because IF the ARU is REALLY interested in growing the game in WA (and I'm not convinced that they are) then it has to do a lot more to support success for the Western Force.

The ARU made a step in the right direction with the $0.5M for the WA Rugby Academy (which did replace the $0.25M that they'd previously taken away).

I'm excited by the players such as Nick Jooste who's had some exposure in the U20's and now NRC.
    He has the potential to be better then Jack Debreczeni for the Rebels (who is 4 years older).

We have to be patient as developing local talent is a longer term proposition.

I'm more confident since the NRC was put in place.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    If memory serves me correct I think the WARU had about 5 development officers going round the schools about 5 years back. Now down to one who is also wearing another 3 or 4 hats as well. Does anyone else think the top ups for Karmichael Hunt and others is money well spent.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsdoin View Post
    And where did the highlanders finish - with their no name forward pack?
    At the opposite end of the table!!!! Plus travelled to win it.
    andrewg you are full of excuses.
    Still whinging...

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Still whinging...
    Your cut and paste skills are outstanding!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsdoin View Post
    Your cut and paste skills are outstanding!
    Finally! A positive comment.

Rookie
    vCash
    I'm with Westie. Our guys may have been as fit and as strong as the Highlanders, but in comparison, they were as soft as shit. Look at the way their forwards hit the opposition whether on attack or defence. Compare that to poor old Sammy or the plod division we had to call our front row. Pinch tests and beep tests might say that a player is fit enough but it doesn't mean he's hard enough to win a comp.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Finally! A positive comment.
    this is about views in relation to what is and isnt happening in the world of professional rugby some opinions are from the coal face others are people reading between the lines and some opinions from eras past
    there opinions may not be positive all the time but they are there opinions
    have you also commented on all news sites over the last week about the negative news coming out of the GC with woman beated to death kilos of crac taken from the streets etc. take your negative attitude to a world of make believe
    if you cant take what is being posted I suggest you return to re runs of romper room 7 mile has refrained from posting lately as most of the time the post stops as he nails the truth right from the start but it is positive to see there are real rugby followers out ther not willing to accept this shit.
    I am at kala watching the new generation of wasted talent slip through the RWA s fingers
    I have no relationship with any team today but are still committed to grass roots rugby are you here today G Man
    cant see Martin Becker anywhere those Westie Juniors must have put an axe through his back not a butter knife

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    this is about views in relation to what is and isnt happening in the world of professional rugby some opinions are from the coal face others are people reading between the lines and some opinions from eras past
    there opinions may not be positive all the time but they are there opinions
    have you also commented on all news sites over the last week about the negative news coming out of the GC with woman beated to death kilos of crac taken from the streets etc. take your negative attitude to a world of make believe
    if you cant take what is being posted I suggest you return to re runs of romper room 7 mile has refrained from posting lately as most of the time the post stops as he nails the truth right from the start but it is positive to see there are real rugby followers out ther not willing to accept this shit.
    I am at kala watching the new generation of wasted talent slip through the RWA s fingers
    I have no relationship with any team today but are still committed to grass roots rugby are you here today G Man
    cant see Martin Becker anywhere those Westie Juniors must have put an axe through his back not a butter knife
    I'm not at Kala this morning, there will be some good rugby played. Enjoy!
    Will you be cheering on the winning sides or just telling the defeated how rubbish they are?

Will be at Kala tomorrow morning for a little after junior season catch ups with a couple other teams in the same age group that I coach.

I will be at the Spirit later and will try be there for the curtain raiser.
    The initiative that I said I liked that helped kick off this debate.
    Now you know my itinerary, would you like to discuss rugby in all its forms (my favourite subject)? - so we can minimise the amount of keyboard posturing.

Fail to see how the news of a domestic abuse occurrence in the GC has any relevance to the rugby discussion here. But sure why not add the refugees, China's slowing economy and global warming, New Zealand's flag change and will they change their name to 'Shiny & New Zealand'. Lots to talk about.

I do find it hilarious that you would prefer to huddle under a bridge and behave like Emo/Goth school kids and keep whining about how everything is bad, and it's not fair, and they've got stuff that we don't.

With out this turning into another shit fight, have the next word on the forum, then hopefully we can have a civilised chat at a local game. - after a previous unfortunate outburst of mine it's not hard to know who I am.

vCash
    There's a Rugby game on today right?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    There's a Rugby game on today right?
    For sure. Crowd might be a bit smaller though, due to ongoing pissing contests

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Missed opportunities~~!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yep had their chances.
    whatsdoing will be happy

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    yep had their chances.
    whatsdoing will be happy
    Incorrect BDG.
    I may show it differently but I support rugby in this state.
    I dragged myself to watch that and the lack of skill was quite evident. IMHO!
    Why I get pissed off is the lack of change and no one in their right mind can accept at SXV 3 wins from 16. Spirit now 0 from 4, and try and tell me that things are working. At the moment everyone at the force/spirit are subjected to a losing mentality, something has to give but we are subjected to more bullshit being rolled out by the coaches and andrewg about development and pathways.
    As a passionate rugby man there needs to be accountability for a result driven enviroment. That is the bottom line for professional sport! Even tho NRC is semi pro.
    Didnt westie man say the rugbywa board wanted the spirit to go all out to win the comp? what now!
    BDG if your club team had won 3 from 20 games would your committee be asking questions? I think you are nedlands!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast