Thread: BRACHE BACK WITH THE FORCE FOR 2016 & 2017

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

BRACHE BACK WITH THE FORCE FOR 2016 & 2017

WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Friday, 4 September 2015

Popular Western Force utility back Marcel Brache will remain with the club through to the end of the 2017 season.

The energetic winger/centre played all but one match for the Western Australian club this year, having joined the Force from South Africa’s Western Province for the 2014 season.

Having joined the Force with 41 Currie Cup caps to his name for Western Province and a Varsity Cup title with the University of Cape Town Ikey Tigers, the 28-year-old says he’s excited about continuing his rugby in Perth.

“To be honest, I didn’t want to be anywhere else,” he said. “From a personal perspective, I’m really enjoying being a part of this team and this club. Professionally, I feel like my game is continuing to develop which is really important.

“It felt like a huge decision to come across initially, but now I’ve been here for two years I’m really keen to stay longer and I love living in Perth.

“It’s such a great team and environment to be a part of. Our supporters are fantastic and are so passionate and committed to the team’s cause, and I can’t wait to have the opportunity to repay the faith and support I’ve received from the club and our Sea of Blue.”

Brache also acknowledged the strength of the Force Family program, which links incoming Force players with a local support family.

“My own family was so supportive of my decision to come across and play in Australia,” he said. “To then have the support that we do through the Force Families while we’re here has made transitioning and settling so much easier, and I know a lot of the other guys really appreciate the support we receive from them.”

Brache says he’s excited about what the team can achieve over the next two seasons.

“We were all disappointed with last season,” he said. “We showed glimpses of what we could do without being able to round games out, but there were a few games where we didn’t pitch up – which is particularly disappointing and simply not acceptable.

“While it’s difficult at the time, you learn a lot from losing and gain greater insight into yourselves and what you have to work on. While we’re obviously grateful for and keen to build on what we achieved in 2014, in the long run, we will gain a lot from the 2015 season which will help define how much better we can be.”

Western Force memberships are now available for the 2016 season! Click here for more information or to get yours now!

Name: Marcel Brache
    Born: 15/10/1987, Los Angeles (USA)
    Position: Centre/Wing
    Club: Perth Bayswater
    Height: 190cm
    Weight: 92kg
    Super Rugby caps: 25 (24 Force, 1 Stormers)
    Super Rugby points: 0
    Super Rugby debut: 2012 (Stormers) v Lions, Cape Town
    Representative Rugby: 2014-2015 Western Force, 2014 Perth Spirit, 2012 Stormers, 2010-2013 Western Province

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Great news 'cause I love his attitude and spirit, but are we using a marquee spot for Brache which would be better used elsewhere?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Great news 'cause I love his attitude and spirit, but are we using a marquee spot for Brache which would be better used elsewhere?
    The eagles didn't want him so no.

great to have you back on board Marcel.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Nope, and in 2017 we're not even using a development spot.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    good news to me allways gives his best and has plenty of time for the supporters

Player
    vCash
    Just a quick note about Marcel;
    At a Force father and son Rottnest weekend, Marcel took the only young girl on the weekend under his wing.
    Such was his influence and his enthusiasm, that young girl has not only continued to play rugby, she has developed into a good player and her little sister signed up to play rugby this year.
    He was at an gathering where he came over to the younger sister this season, got down to her eye line, said that he knew her sister and that it was a pleasure to meet the young lady on the evening (read names inserted, as he remembered them).

These are good guys at the Force.
    Cheer them!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well done Marcel, you are very welcome here because your team spirit and enthusiasm are obvious when you are on the field. Keep improving your rugby and we will see a better year in 2016.

vCash
    Marcel is an absolute gentleman, with a fabulous personality and an infectious sense of humour. He always has a cheery hello for every fan he recognises and never disrespects anyone. I am incredibly happy that he is staying for another two years and have no doubt he will repay WA's faith in him in spades.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby