Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Sydney Spirit vs Perth Stars

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yeah,that's what I thought--so what is the rationale behind this system?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    yeah,that's what I thought--so what is the rationale behind this system?
    To rest force players!
    Clearly if spirit had 8 players and the stars none then they are not good enough to rest! The force came f....g LAST! AND the Spirit are LAST.
    So rationale is shit!!!!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The number of current Super Rugby players is irrelevant. Tom Kingston and Jeremy Tilse both have a number of Super Rugby caps. Angus Roberts played a season for the Rebels. Of our 8, only two have a meaningful amount of Super Rugby game time (Godwin, Prior). The others are fringe players.

Our team is as much a development team as theirs.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Can't agree with the system of chopping and changing. I.d the players that need rest and don't have them in the squad. Once you have your team pick the best xv on form week to week. If a club player is good enough to take time from a contracted one that should speak volumes. I find it hard to swallow a different xv each game that's been pre arranged and has not been selected on merit. The halves would be a perfect example of this let Ryan and Ian battle it out each week in the knowledge that if you aren't up to standard you will loose time to the bench player. Front row is also a good example of this between Oli chris and van Wyke. Let them play it out in an aim to have the upper hand come super xv. Rory Walton was the only spirit player selected to the team of the week and had a great game vs stars and won't suit up this Saturday due to it not being in the plan. Very confusing and must be extremely hard to deal with as a coach. Tai must be frustrated with his lot at the moment. Have to say though some ppg players have stood out. Harper and ainsley look like they have legitimate qualities as does maalonga

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by forcefan44 View Post
    Can't agree with the system of chopping and changing. I.d the players that need rest and don't have them in the squad. Once you have your team pick the best xv on form week to week. If a club player is good enough to take time from a contracted one that should speak volumes. I find it hard to swallow a different xv each game that's been pre arranged and has not been selected on merit. The halves would be a perfect example of this let Ryan and Ian battle it out each week in the knowledge that if you aren't up to standard you will loose time to the bench player. Front row is also a good example of this between Oli chris and van Wyke. Let them play it out in an aim to have the upper hand come super xv. Rory Walton was the only spirit player selected to the team of the week and had a great game vs stars and won't suit up this Saturday due to it not being in the plan. Very confusing and must be extremely hard to deal with as a coach. Tai must be frustrated with his lot at the moment. Have to say though some ppg players have stood out. Harper and ainsley look like they have legitimate qualities as does maalonga
    Spot on FF44!
    Pick a squad and run with it.
    Why do the force players need a rest tho? They havent played for months and still wont play until February. These games would be an ideal time to get their shit together!
    Does coming LAST in SXV not mean it is time for change with Coaches, strength /conditioning,game plans, development!
    Because as I have mentioned earlier they are also LAST in NRC!! So that not working either!! As westie man says they wanted to win from the board perspective and sponsorship.
    Well RugbyWA Board it aint working so DO SOMETHING for the sake of the game in WA.
    Have a clean out, you have a new chairman, so come on Mr Howarth show us what you are made of!!! Not the drivel that you spoke about in your interview after being selected for the 'top job'!

Veteran
    vCash
    Same issue as last year, consistently changing players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Same issue as last year, consistently changing players.

Last year we got to the finals, though. Albeit barely squeaking in on bonus points; don't think we'll be in the same boat this time.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Last year we got to the finals, though. Albeit barely squeaking in on bonus points; don't think we'll be in the same boat this time.
    Same aint going to happen this year unless this stupid and completely undefendable 'strategy' of pre programmed game time changes.
    Hopefully our voices are heard and something happens but wont be hoping too much as this will take too much balls from the board to do what they are paid for or meant to do.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I also feel that most of the Force players should be playing.

If you compare to the NRL for example, a regular player (not including original, tests, finals etc) will play 24 games.

A regular super rugby player will only play 16 games if they don't play any NRC. So if players like Morahan, DHP, Charles, Coleman etc are not playing club rugby, NRC or for the wallabies then they only play 16 games for a whole season? That is not a lot.

They almost need 2 NRC tiers.

Tier 1 - Wallabies
    Tier 2 - Super rugby
    Tier 3 - NRC with all super rugby players not in the Wallabies plus some club players
    Tier 4 - NRC reserves with best club players around the country
    Tier 5 - Club rugby

Players will obviously move up tiers as they progress. I know the cost of the above would be prohibitive but it would be great as it would give the best of both worlds.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5