Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Prospect
    vCash

Why?

I've looked upon this forum over the years as a place to go to for all news rugby in WA. In the early years this was a great place to share and discuss everything rugby from a WA viewpoint. The news was current, the fans passionate and the discussion was intelligent and robust. The kind of forum im sure the administrators would have been proud of and the rugby community would have been proud of. This was a place where fans of all ages were welcome to have an opinion and contribute in a positive manner. Roll forward 2 years and it's amazing what has become of this forum. The vitriol and contempt spread around by the new brigade of regulars is a real eye opener. The negativity and insults thrown about has seemed to become accepted and let to snowball into uncontrollable territory. What for? A sense of self satisfaction? A pissing contest?
    Where has all the real rugby talk gone? Where has the robust debate gone? Is this the forum the administrators and the rugby community deserve and want? I doubt it.
    There are so many of the people of the early years of this forum who don't even go anywhere near this place anymore and i can't blame them. Having something you were so proud to be a part of and contribute to, post wise and financially, to now be a shadow of its former self would disappoint anyone. Its like building a magnificent sand castle only for someone to kick it down for no good reason at all.
    It's time to make TWF a true rugby supporters forum again where news and debate flourishes, where contribution is valued and not derided, where fans of all ages can share their passion of the sport they play in heaven. A place where having a different opinion is accepted and the person is not subject to being attacked for posting a different opinion. Where discussion is encouraged and not trolled against.

This is my only post i will ever make as i think this needed to be said. I want real rugby news and discussion, not what is on offer in this current forum.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm not saying it's not fair comment, but do you think suggesting that the discussion on this forum isn't up to scratch and then refusing to discuss it is the way to solve the problem?

Surely the more reasonable method would be to become one of the valued contributors wouldn't it?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Perhaps you should participate more and guide the discussion in the direction you want it to go.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Veteran
    vCash
    I tend to just gloss over the bickering and get to the good stuff.

This joint is a multiple time a day place for me. Now with the local season out of the way, we will get back to the good stuff

RUGBY WORLD CUP

Also - speak volumes for the regulars that would post stuff up, the most obvious one i am missing is Happy. Cheers to the boys who keep it positive - Jargs, Innforcer, GBeard, Hertyk, SNOB, etc.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Perhaps you should participate more and guide the discussion in the direction you want it to go.
    That was what I was thinking too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    I tend to just gloss over the bickering and get to the good stuff.

This joint is a multiple time a day place for me. Now with the local season out of the way, we will get back to the good stuff

RUGBY WORLD CUP

Also - speak volumes for the regulars that would post stuff up, the most obvious one i am missing is Happy. Cheers to the boys who keep it positive - Jargs, Innforcer, GBeard, Hertyk, SNOB, etc.
    Thanks palitu

Player
    vCash
    You bring up an interesting social conundrum.
    Something is started, it grows with like mindedness and reaches an apex. Within the growth, there are 'cancer cells' and they start to make their presence felt.
    It's creates an environment where not everyone is comfortable and some do leave, this raises the percentage of negativity. Things then go downhill from there.

There are excellent people with excellent posts and information on TWF, there are also people who are shit.
    Don't let the shit affect you, identify who they are, know that their posts will always be a 'it's not fair' , 'they should have done this for me', and 'I'll tell you what you are doing wrong, because I'm FIGJAM, but it's always someone else's fault.'

Follow the pattern and have a laugh at their hypocrisy.
    Then forget their existence, and enjoy the hell out of your rugby!
    Good times!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    You bring up an interesting social conundrum.
    Something is started, it grows with like mindedness and reaches an apex. Within the growth, there are 'cancer cells' and they start to make their presence felt.
    It's creates an environment where not everyone is comfortable and some do leave, this raises the percentage of negativity. Things then go downhill from there.

There are excellent people with excellent posts and information on TWF, there are also people who are shit.
    Don't let the shit affect you, identify who they are, know that their posts will always be a 'it's not fair' , 'they should have done this for me', and 'I'll tell you what you are doing wrong, because I'm FIGJAM, but it's always someone else's fault.'

Follow the pattern and have a laugh at their hypocrisy.
    Then forget their existence, and enjoy the hell out of your rugby!
    Good times!
    Agree totally. I love this forum. I don't say much but I enjoy reading all your posts and even if I don't like them or agree with them. Sometimes a bit negative but aren't we all sometimes. Anyway just want to say thanks for TWF and roll on the World Cup and some lively discussions!! :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Agree totally. I love this forum. I don't say much but I enjoy reading all your posts and even if I don't like them or agree with them. Sometimes a bit negative but aren't we all sometimes. Anyway just want to say thanks for TWF and roll on the World Cup and some lively discussions!! :-)
    Hear! Hear!

vCash
    I don't call it being overly negative but in some instances you can't sugar coat certain elements eg the way the Force performed this year. While they went down swinging on occasions on other occasion they ran up a white flag. Or did both in one game which leaves a lot frustrated.

Just post your opinion and stick to it and allow others to do the same. So long as it's discussion based and not just a pissing contest it should be great.

Like Palitu said, TWF for me most days is must visit several times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    That's my job.

Veteran
    vCash
    to be fair - most of this pissing on each other is around premier grade, and a little bit about juniors. The rest is still pretty good. you can't always be positive about winning two games in a season.

Apprentice
    vCash
    A good start might be to create a thread of your interest, then people will surely chime and the forum will be somewhat be interesting rather than finding threads that you are interested in.

Just start one. There are so many sections here than you can go with.

Custom made school leavers tops, sports uniforms, fashion garments and promotional items.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Wolf View Post
    A good start might be to create a thread of your interest, then people will surely chime and the forum will be somewhat be interesting rather than finding threads that you are interested in.

Just start one. There are so many sections here than you can go with.
    He did didn't he?

Rookie
    vCash
    If you don't look at the threads about the local comp. seriously, then they're as funny as all shit. I find they are a real "pick me up"

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    If you don't look at the threads about the local comp. seriously, then they're as funny as all shit. I find they are a real "pick me up"
    Even been subject of a University Study..

Check here

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=3...574#post386574

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast