Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Perth Spirit v North Harbour Rays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Lourens too quick for the inexperienced back line.

Interesting to see what happens next week Kyle needs a Rosolea or like to help him guide the backline if we continue to blood the club players.
    A little empathy for McIsaac on this, given a group of players with the local rugby comp ongoing, poor/confused messages on availability - unable to schedule practice matches - players at varying states of development, no cohesion in the team - by the time they start to gel, the season maybe over.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    A little empathy for McIsaac on this, given a group of players with the local rugby comp ongoing, poor/confused messages on availability - unable to schedule practice matches - players at varying states of development, no cohesion in the team - by the time they start to gel, the season maybe over.
    Doesn't every team in the NRC face the same challenges or am I missing something? Either way we need to find a way to overcome the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    I think the best thing that could happen for the spirit is for them to pick a coach and stick with him. That way he could develop the local products throughout the ppg and draw the team together at the end of the club season. It would also bring a bit more clarity over who is and isn't playing finals footy

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Doesn't every team in the NRC face the same challenges or am I missing something? Either way we need to find a way to overcome the problem.
    While I agree with your second point; yes you are missing something. Premier Rugby grand finals in Sydney and Brisbane were run and won weeks ago - to allow for the NRC.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Okay then. Missed that one.

Champion
    vCash
    After waiting for someone to post a decent account of the game I have decided to end my self imposed exile and give an accurate account of the match because obviously not too many of the so called experts were actually even at the game.
    They got owned at the breakdown and were lacking in any kind of physicality around the ruck especially in the A channel where a bunch of opposition club players dominated the collision.
    The backs shovelled the ball along hoping someone somewhere would do something instead of setting any kind of target for the forwards to hit and try to draw in defenders and try to at least get forward runners round the corner.
    Very one dimensional and no flair or someone ready to take ownership and at least try to create something different.
    Someone here mentioned the team carrying clubbies yet at the 60 minute mark I counted 10 contracted Force players out on the track whereas I only recognised 3 opposition players names.
    Scrum went good where for my money the damage was getting done from Van Wyk.
    The big difference was the Sydney Rams hitting the ball from depth and ability to change the line of attack.
    Continually and rightfully so getting penalised for the same things didn't help and inability to adapt to refs interpretation showed an onfield leadership problem.
    Maybe a bit more rugby for them wouldn't hurt after what for some was their second game in about 6 weeks if you know what I mean.
    Need some personnel change and maybe someone like a Pierre Roberts type ball runner to add something different in terms of flair and creativity wouldn't be such a silly idea.
    All in all it was a pretty ordinary display and although early something needs to change because they were far too robotic and predictable.
    Be interesting to see how this season pans out.

Last edited by westies man; 31-08-15 at 18:57.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I heard that Pierre Roberts will be in the spirit squad this weekend. Sounds like westies man has eyes and ears everywhere.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    "hast tag fill the hill"
    best post match interview closing statement ever!

vCash
    Thank you for the match review Westie, the best information about the game I have been able to access so far. I just don't understand why you feel the need for the subtle dig at so many of us like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    obviously not too many of the so called experts were actually even at the game.
    I have never held myself up to be anything more than what I am, an interested fan who wants to know more about a sport I have never played. Even more to the point I have not seen anyone else taking on the role of expert.

You bring a lot of knowledge and insight to the forum, I just don't get the need for the venom.

Champion
    vCash
    Fair call and I'll take it onboard but a certain individual wound me up with a thinly veiled reference on another thread, no offence intended.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Fair call and I'll take it onboard but a certain individual wound me up with a thinly veiled reference on another thread, no offence intended.
    Oh, you love it westie!!!!!

ps, your reply was no harm no foul for me!

C'mon the

vCash
    The game against the Rays was a game of two halves and 2 Yellow Cards.
    The Spirit had most of the Possession and Territory for the first 20 minutes but failed to turn this ascendancy into points.
    At ~30 minutes the score was 13 points each.
    Heath Tessman was Yellow Carded at 34 minutes.
    Score was Rays 21:13 Spirit at the break and 29:13 when Heath returned.
    Another rolling maul try and a well-built try to Mocenacagi out wide narrowed the score to Rays 29:26 Spirit.
    Any momentum being developed by the Spirit was stifled by the Yellow card to Angus Cottrell at 54 mins.

Unfortunately, it appears that ESPN Scrum are providing no stats for NRC games this week.

The Spirit ruck involvement stats show just how much the intensity and work rate dropped off after the break.
    The Forwards had 139 ruck involvements in the 1st half and only 42 ruck involvements in the 2nd half.
    The Backs made 28% of total ruck involvements.

The Rays generally dominated the breakdown after the initial 20 minutes.

Name:  Spirit rucks.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  88.5 KB

Name:  Rucks 10.png
Views: 406
Size:  27.6 KB

Note: Data collected on best-endeavours basis as camera work from the FoxSports On Demand is far from perfect.

Last edited by andrewg; 01-09-15 at 19:59.

vCash
    I get the feeling that there are things going on in the background to this site that I am not privy to. Some of it seems to be personality clashes from club rugby and some seems to come from higher up. I have been told about rugbywa monitoring the site and trying to influence content by external contact with members in the past. When I was told about it I found it hard to believe how ridiculous their behaviour was.

Anyway I hope to keep reading your opinions Westie, it helps to keep the site interesting.

vCash
    Really? RugbyWA have never asked me about the gibberish j post!

Might need to troll more often.

vCash
    I will accept money for biased comments
    RugbyWA please take note.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast