Thread: FOX SPORTS to deliver every game of 2015 Buildcorp NRC LIVE

vCash

FOX SPORTS to deliver every game of 2015 Buildcorp NRC LIVE

The Australian Rugby Union and FOX SPORTS today announced that all 39 games of the 2015 Buildcorp National Rugby Championship will be broadcast LIVE across FOX SPORTS’ suite of platforms.

All matches played on a Thursday evening throughout the second edition of the NRC will be broadcast LIVE on FOX SPORTS Channel 502 from 7.30pm EST. Each week, the three remaining clashes from the round will be streamed LIVE on foxsports.com.au (web and mobile) and on Apple TV via FOX SPORTS Now.

FOX SPORTS will have an on ground commentary team at every game played in the 2015 NRC, giving fans the best insight into the free-flowing, entertainment-laden competition.

FOX SPORTS will also offer fans a dedicated NRC section on foxsports.com.au providing live streams, on-demand replays and FOX SPORTS News previews.

People can purchase a FOX SPORTS digital subscription to watch the streamed matches, or if they are a FOX SPORTS TV subscriber via Foxtel or digital subscriber through News Corp Masthead + the stream is available free through their existing login details.

FOX SPORTS CEO, Patrick Delany, said: “The inaugural NRC was a great addition to our comprehensive Rugby coverage providing entertaining viewing with the new rules delivering a faster paced game with more exciting tries.

“This year we will take our coverage to new heights showing all 39 games including a weekly match live on FOX SPORTS and the remaining 27 streamed, all with multi-camera coverage and full commentary,” Mr Delany said.

Rob Clarke, General Manager - Professional Rugby at the Australian Rugby Union, said: "The NRC is a fantastic chance for Australian Rugby fans to watch both current superstars and future stars of the game on their own doorstep. The TVC reflects both the hard work these players put in off the pitch while also the fun that can had at an NRC game.

"We're all excited at the prospect of the 2015 NRC being unleashed to a bigger audience than last year. Fans now have the opportunity to watch all 39 games through FOX SPORTS various platforms."

The nine-team National Rugby Championship was launched in 2014 with the aim of giving players, coaches and match officials another link in their development pathway. The success of last year’s competition saw 13 players contracted to Super Rugby clubs straight out of the NRC, while new law variations provided fans with exciting Rugby. An average of nine tries a game were scored throughout the competition, underlining its entertainment value to supporters.

This year, the NRC will visit 22 grounds across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory as the competition engages fans from right across the country.

Full match replays of each game played during the 2015 NRC will be available to watch on buildcorpnrc.com.au and club websites within 24 hours post-match.

The 2015 NRC kicks off on Thursday, 20 August when Perth Spirit travel east to take on current champions Brisbane City at Ballymore Stadium.

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsArt...-NRC-LIVE.aspx

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Excellent work Foxtel

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Streaming the games that aren't on TV is a good move.

The ARU should be selling online rights not just giving them away unless it something stipulated in the TV contract. Both the AFL and the NRL made big dollars selling the digital rights to Telstra. They should come up with something similar for Super Rugby as well.

vCash
    build the fan base first
    and then when fox want to show all of the games on the box you reap the rewards.

vCash
    Yeah Jargs, I think the comp needs to get out to the public before you lock it up with purchasing issues.

In a way, the rights to the digital content are already sold since you need some sort of foxtel account to access it (unless you want to watch it delayed)

All in all a smart move both for the ARU and for Foxtel, because any fan who (for whatever reason) doesn't currently have foxtel can view the games on delay and then might be tempted to pay for the live feeds.

Thumbs up from the GIGSa

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    My comment wasn't solely pointed at the NRC. and you are right on that point, the NRC probably doesn't have much of a following for a dedicated paid subscription yet.

But as a whole, for a sport that is apparently having funding issues digital rights is an extra revenue stream that should be exploited. Set up digital rights for Super Rugby and throw in the NRC for free or something. I reckon there might be a few people on site who may consider dumping their Foxtel Subscription is they could watch Super Rugby/Internationals/NRC on their PC or tablet. The leather patch brigade at St Leonards (or have they moved to the SFS now) may not know what computer is!

You do raise a good point though, getting the games on televised on any format is good start because I'm fairly certain the NRL and AFL app just streams from whoever is televising the game.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Now I just need to work out if my Foxtel Play info can be used to watch it.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    But as a whole, for a sport that is apparently having funding issues digital rights is an extra revenue stream that should be exploited. Set up digital rights for Super Rugby and throw in the NRC for free or something. I reckon there might be a few people on site who may consider dumping their Foxtel Subscription is they could watch Super Rugby/Internationals/NRC on their PC or tablet. The leather patch brigade at St Leonards (or have they moved to the SFS now) may not know what computer is!
    Yep, that's a fair response......the obvious problem with it is fox. Everything I see from them smells like monopoly building and I can't imagine them doing anything to separate digital rights to Super Rugby from a Foxtel subscription of some sort.

I suspect very strongly that the move to stream NRC games after 24 hours is more strongly linked to a feeling within the organization that the games aren't worth any ting in the ratings race that any genuine desire to grow the game......perhaps it's even an attempt to find some viewer base which they can then shaft in the future by televising more games and releasing fewer.

The complete disregard shown by Fox Sports to anything other than ratings would indicate that it's something along those lines.

C'mon the