Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PINDAN PREMIER GRADE PREVIEW: SEMI FINALS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    crucial turnover by Koteka
    - force players are playing in the finals?.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Kane is not a contracted Force player. The try came off a simple well executed circle ball that attracted 2 defenders and at no time was there any hint of an obstruction. The timing of both the pass and angled run of the try scorer were what created it.
    Thanks Kala for a bloody decent game.
    I have to wonder how much rugby knowledge some of you posters actually have.
    Penalty count was about 14 in total,8-6 in our favour with our kicker nailing 6 of them.
    Thanks Rugby WA for helping organise a great day.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Kane is not a contracted Force player. The try came off a simple well executed circle ball that attracted 2 defenders and at no time was there any hint of an obstruction. The timing of both the pass and angled run of the try scorer were what created it.
    Thanks Kala for a bloody decent game.
    I have to wonder how much rugby knowledge some of you posters actually have.
    Penalty count was about 14 in total,8-6 in our favour with our kicker nailing 6 of them.
    Thanks Rugby WA for helping organise a great day.
    Wrong WM.
    The try came from a clear unders play where the ball is played behind a dummy runner. No one is complaining about the pass but of the action of the dummy runner who cannot impede, make contact of a defender on his running line. This he did clearly which is an 'obstruction' as the defender could not go on to the attacking player who recieved the ball to make the tackle. The ref face said it all, he knew it didnt look right! Good on kalamunda to sticking to their guns and playing out the contest that was not being reffed evenly!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Westie man , have you never heard of hot spot wifi at maccas my dear chap . After eating a chardonnay burger with the caramelized onions , special sauce out of a jar and rocket leaves for $7 as well as my can of L @ p for $ 2 from Bennett park , sevenmile had to stop for a dump at maccaa ,so why not use the free wifi. As for the game well could have been a penalty try where Wests scrum was over powered in the second half near the try line. Maybe need to do a bit of work on the scrums this week westie man .

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsdoin View Post
    Wrong WM.
    The try came from a clear unders play where the ball is played behind a dummy runner. No one is complaining about the pass but of the action of the dummy runner who cannot impede, make contact of a defender on his running line. This he did clearly which is an 'obstruction' as the defender could not go on to the attacking player who recieved the ball to make the tackle. The ref face said it all, he knew it didnt look right! Good on kalamunda to sticking to their guns and playing out the contest that was not being reffed evenly!
    hopefully you didn't make that up whatsdoin
    Accurate account of play and not the only questionable decision
    The penalty count may have been close but penalties given to Kala stopping continuity of play or advantage seemed to happen at crucial times
    The scrum 5m out from Wests line was dominated by Kala with Wests scrum disintegrating should have been penalty try as number eight tackled after detaching from the scrum and held up by players that had detached from scrum
    This ref had a poor game and was influenced by the crowd when game was in the balance but this is also the benifit of finishing higher on the table and getting home ground advantage
    Hope this post doesn't offend westie as I don't know much about rugby but feel I am entitled to my opinion

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    hopefully you didn't make that up whatsdoin
    Accurate account of play and not the only questionable decision
    The penalty count may have been close but penalties given to Kala stopping continuity of play or advantage seemed to happen at crucial times
    The scrum 5m out from Wests line was dominated by Kala with Wests scrum disintegrating should have been penalty try as number eight tackled after detaching from the scrum and held up by players that had detached from scrum
    This ref had a poor game and was influenced by the crowd when game was in the balance but this is also the benifit of finishing higher on the table and getting home ground advantage
    Hope this post doesn't offend westie as I don't know much about rugby but feel I am entitled to my opinion
    yep, confident of what I saw had a clear view. Kala boys complained to line umpire who was probably a little far away. But the play was in front of ref who was in best position to make the call.
    Was this ref a past player of wests? I know he was a cott player but was he at wests first? The sideline were commenting on it.
    I dont know!

Player
    vCash
    The 2 best sides are in the GF, the 2 most consistent clubs in terms of results are in the GF. As for the rest stop your whining and put the work in over the off season.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Saturday, 15 August 2015

NEDLANDS WIN BOOKS PLACE IN GRAND FINAL

Pindan Premier Grade – Semi Final
    Nedlands 41 defeated Cottesloe 23 at The Foreshore, Nedlands

By Luke Worthington

A two-try effort by fullback Dylan Loveridge has helped Nedlands secure their ticket to the 2015 Pindan Premier Grade grand final, following their 41-23 semi-final win over Cottesloe at the Foreshore today.

A back-and-forth first half saw Nedlands enjoy the majority of possession, but it was Cottesloe who took a 16-5 half-time lead. Nedlands bounced back in the second half, and after trailing 23-12 in the 45th minute, put on three unanswered tries to stamp their victory, putting the minor premiers one step closer to a premiership season.

Nedlands coach Luke Doherty said he was pleased with his side’s ability to regroup at half time and come back out to seal victory.

“Cottesloe brought a lot of intensity in the first half, and put our guys on the back foot,” he said.

“We regrouped at half time, and we had a chat about where we could improve and to the boys’ credit they did.

“It was a big loss last week having Ru [Michael Ruru] getting suspended for this week, but I thought Michael Botes did a great job.”

Cottesloe drew first blood with Charl Nieuwenhuis scoring two early penalties to give his side a 6-0 lead.

Nedlands responded through Ben Titiko, who received a perfect offload to run down the sideline and touch down in the right hand corner to trail by one point.

Cottesloe responded with another Nieuwenhuis penalty before they further extended their through Antini Brown, who received an offload on the sideline from Tobias Hoskins before planting the ball down. Nieuwenhuis obliged with the conversion to give the Gulls a 16-5 advantage on the half-time whistle.

The second half saw Nedlands come out firing, attacking aggressively with dynamic try-scoring prop Joseph Richie busting through a tackle to break the line to score his third try in two weeks. Juan Pretorius converted to narrow the home side’s deficit to 16-12.

Cottesloe responded in dramatic fashion, with Tobias Hoskins breaking through the Nedlands defence, running across the goal line and grounding the ball directly under the posts with Nieuwenhuis putting the visiting side up 23-12.

Neddies then mounted their comeback by finding an unlikely mismatch on the wing, when blindside flanker Danny Hartwell found Anuru Rangi down the left wing. Rangi powered through the last man in the defence, placing the ball past the chalk. The missed conversion attempt saw the score sit at 23-17.

Loveridge then crossed for his first try of the day, finding an offload on the right wing, which allowed him to break the line, swooping across the field to score directly under the posts. This set up an easy conversion attempt for Pretorius to give Nedlands the lead for the first time, 24-23.

Loveridge backed his effort up with another try, again breaking the line of defence and swiftly running down the field, to extend the lead to 29-23.

Nedlands continued to make a statement to the visiting side, with Pretorius continuing his strong contribution to the match by scoring a try in the corner, and flyhalf Jesse Toto diving over the top of a pack in the 80th minute to send ‘Neddies’ to the Pindan Premier Grade decider on the back of a 41-23 win.

Nedlands will face the winner of tomorrow’s second semi final between Wests Scarborough and Kalamunda at Bennett Park.

Nedlands 41 (Dylan Loveridge 2; Joseph Richie, Anaru Rangi, Jesse Toto, Juan Pretorius, Ben Titiko tries; Juan Pretorius 3 conversions) defeated Cottesloe 23 (Antini Brown, Tobias Hoskins tries; Charl Nieuwenhuis 2 conversions, 3 penalties)

WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Sunday, 16 August 2015

BOARS WIN THRILLER TO MAKE GRAND FINAL

Pindan Premier Grade – Semi Final
    Wests Scarborough 25 defeated Kalamunda 22 at Bennett Park, Doubleview

By Fraser Smith

A last minute penalty from flyhalf AJ Alatimu has seen Wests Scarborough claim a thrilling 25-22 semi-final win over Kalamunda at Bennett Park today, and secure the right to take on Nedlands in the Pindan Premier Grade grand final next weekend.

Kalamunda shot out of the blocks scoring two tries in the opening 10 minutes to lead 12-10 at halftime, however, the Boars bounced back strongly after half time with Alatimu slotting five second half penalties to lead his side to victory.

Wests Scarborough head coach Dwayne Grace said he was proud of his side’s ability to fight it out against a strong Kalamunda outfit.

“I’m really proud of the boys’ effort,” he said. “We set goals and stuck to them which really helped us get the result.

“Full credit to ‘Kala’, they came out and scored two early tries that put us on the back foot. They are a really well organised and physical team and they came out and gave it to us.

“Trailing by a couple points at half time we knew that if we just held our ball we would be able to score some points and that’s what happened.

Grace said his team’s leaders were pivotal in getting the Boars over the line and into the grand final.

“AJ’s [Alatimu] been great with his point scoring all year and we knew he could get us over the line if we needed it and Pierre [Roberts] is our captain and as always he lead by example and did everything right.”

“Neddies next weekend will be a big task, we haven’t been in the grand final for a while so at the moment we are really enjoying this win and excited for the challenge ahead.”

The Bulls came out rampaging, opening the scoring within the first two minutes through their inspirational skipper Russell Burgess, who dove over the line following a line break and offload from winger Natu Apineru. Daley Harper converted to give the visitors an early 7-0 lead.

After sustained pressure in the Wests Scarborough 22m, the Bulls quickly added their second five-pointer of the afternoon as Apineru darted through a gap down the blindside to score in the corner to extend the lead to 12-points.

With the home crowd on edge Wests responded, moving the ball quickly following a five-metre scrum to find Jordan Luke who stepped inside and split two ‘Kala’ defenders to charge in under the posts and open the scoring for the home side. Alatimu converted to close the gap to 12-7.

Alatimu knocked over a penalty in the shadows of half time to have the home side within striking distance at the break, trailing 12-10.

The Boars picked up where they left off after the interval, as Alatimu slotted his second penalty to put Wests ahead 13-12.

Harper answered back minutes later with a penalty of his own to regain the lead 15-13.

Back-to-back penalties for the Boars saw them take their largest lead of the contest, 19-15.

Sensing the momentum slipping away Kalamunda swung the ball wide following a five-metre scrum to find Douglas Coradine, who exploited an overlap and dove over in the corner, handing the Bulls a one-point lead. Harper converted to extend the lead to 22-19 with 10 minutes to play.

Determined to fight to the end, Wests charged deep into the visitors’ half and applied huge pressure resulting in Kalamunda’s Beau King being shown a yellow card. Alatimu slotted the resulting penalty to lock the scores at 22-22.

In a monumental play, Wests Scarborough skipper, Pierre Roberts, made a huge tackle before jumping straight to his feet and attacking the ball to earn a penalty and a shot at victory with just a minute left to play. Alutimu kept a cool head knocking it over to claim a memorable 25-22 victory and a place in next weekend’s decider.

Wests Scarborough 25 (Jordan Luke try; AJ Alatimu conversion, 6 penalties) defeated Kalamunda 22 (Russell Burgess, Natu Apineru, Douglas Coradine tries; Daley Harper 2 conversions, penalty)

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I was hoping for extra time towards the end there - would have been fitting considering the efforts of both teams (which seem to have been lost in the bulk of the comments on here but anyway...)

vCash
    Very tough game, I thought Coops did a great Job considering the intensity of the game.. sure a couple of calls probably weren't the best but hey that's rugby and hats off to him for getting out there and doing it.. something I'm sure I'll never have the guts to do.. Only gripe for the day was the parking.. otherwise a great day put on by wests..

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Champion
    vCash
    yep, confident of what I saw had a clear view. Kala boys complained to line umpire who was probably a little far away.
    WTF is a line umpire, hope the shirt fronts didn't scare you. Why am I not surprised.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Since you have named the young man in public I would be interested in hearing the facts surrounding this alleged incident. I call bullshit and any credibility you had has gone out the window. Have never heard a bigger load of shit.
    You are a fuckin lying bullshit muppet.
    There is only one muppet on here you flogger

GRAB YOUR MATE!

Champion
    vCash
    yep, confident of what I saw had a clear view. Kala boys complained to line umpire who was probably a little far away. But the play was in front of ref who was in best position to make the call.
    Was this ref a past player of wests? I know he was a cott player but was he at wests first? The sideline were commenting on it.
    I dont know!
    A real rugby supporter would realise that one moment out of the hundreds of contests in such a match doesn't determine the outcome. You forgot to mention that the ref consulted the assistant ref after the try was scored to try and get the right decision. It was awarded, we live with it. Kala boys aren't bitter mate we just got on with it.
    Also it doesnt matter where the ref comes from, he's out there doing his best and his decision is final. We are letting the fact that it was agreat game of high intensity rugby get lost in the trivial BS.

Just for future reference, we dont have line umpires in rugby we have 'Assistant Referees'.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    Very tough game, I thought Coops did a great Job considering the intensity of the game.. sure a couple of calls probably weren't the best but hey that's rugby and hats off to him for getting out there and doing it.. something I'm sure I'll never have the guts to do.. Only gripe for the day was the parking.. otherwise a great day put on by wests..
    Agree, the parking situation was crazzzzzzy. Mean game yesterday bro.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    - force players are playing in the finals?.
    Kanes a Wests junior mate. They were eligible to play. Along with Winter and Anderson for Wests and Seumanatafu and Birch for Kala there were some great young local forwards on display, even Burgess the Kala captain is an ex Kala junior. Te Kanewa and Kohinga were also local juniors in the match.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast