Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tom Sexton signs

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I was thinking that. I was also thinking there could be no Wallabies caps or "former Wallaby" would have been trotted out. Id love Hugh Pyle. I was worried its more likely to be someone like Ben Hand. Might be Mitchell Chapman but he might stay at the Tahs and he has some Wallabies caps. He is at least a very good lineout operator. The other thought was that maybe Battye wants to come back.
    I don't think Phoenix would want to come back after the way he was treated.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    He's not exactly "local" from what I'm told but another Nedlands import this year.
    How long is he going to be here until he gets a better offer.
    And Sexton is local?????
    I am referring more to the local comp. There are players here better than what they have contracted.
    If Rugbywa have no money why pay further expenses to outside talent when the talent is here.
    If players are recognised and contracted they will stay.
    This also the same for local coaches, Dwayne Grace,(2nd) Tony Ball,(2 premierships) Luke doherty,(1st) Josh Heke(3rd), Wayne Gibson Steve Mcfarland (current premiership coach) who are putting into local competition with no pathway or incentive.
    I believe Dwayne Grace has been coaching for a few years at prem level plus had a huge influence on Kane Koteka and co. Tony Ball extended period coaching and nothing to aspire to. Steve Mcfarland has won a couple of premierships, Josh Heke has achieved at Kalamunda and has a background himself at playing at a higher level. Geoff Mcclland down here in Mandurah has developed many a local promising player that has either been in the academy and are now playing with the clubs in Perth.As with all these coaches. Instead we get Nestor and Prinsloo who have achieved nothing within the local comp, coaching at NRC level when this should be a pathway for local talent and coaches who have achieved.

It is easy to coach talent, it is taking that talent to the next level which is the task, clearly Nestor, prinsloo have not done that with the likes of Goodwin,Burton, Hoskins Koteka as their careers have plateaued or gone in reverse.

New ideas,new challenges more experience and grow the game from within instead of this FIFO outfit it is now.
    Wouldn't it be great that a local coach was the 'Head coach' of the force!! Someone that we all could trust that has the local comp at heart (contracted players playing in the comp more and not cotton woolled) but also acknowledges that there is a need to recruit from outside as the local clubs also recognise and have been doing for years.

There are people in the system that are clogging up the way forward.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Battye may want to come back but I very much doubt Foley would take him back. He was always on the outer with Foley for some reason.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I get the sense that the Force's recruitment policy has shifted slightly to focus more on experience over youth, with the aim of mentoring the younger local guys coming up through the ranks. Mentor both in a rugby sense and in a 'life skills' sense so as to keep them grounded.

Maybe some of the issues last year were around the younger guys getting a wee bit too big for their boots?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Rookie
    vCash
    Anyone suggesting bringing battye back needs to uppercut themselves.. He was useless and as ugly as a hat full of arseholes... Nyorn

Rookie
    vCash
    I'd like to welcome Tom to Perth and the Force. I suggest if as a hooker he could throw the ball into the line out straight when under pressure and hit his jumpers on a regular basis, he would be miles better than anyone we had last year. (no matter what he looks like in a pair of speedoes ladies)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsdoin View Post
    Yep all fair comments.
    I believe this sexton tho is very poor in melborne club rugby as are quite a few force players when they front in our local comp.
    I agree wait for the NRC to see if they are good enough, thats what the competition is for I would've thought.
    Bugger me - we are agreeing. Hope shines resplendent on such a stormy day. Bring on the NRC and lets see who steps up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsdoin View Post
    And Sexton is local?????
    I believe Dwayne Grace has been coaching for a few years at prem level plus had a huge influence
    One thing about pugs is that he IS a backs/attack coach which is rare aound the place. For all the"experiments" the Force has undertaken - surely it couldn't be so bad as to offer a year/2 year contract, it's not as if he hasn't done the apprenticeship.

Champion
    vCash
    Pugs has a gig elsewhere, he's outta here.

Last edited by westies man; 08-08-15 at 23:47.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Battye may want to come back but I very much doubt Foley would take him back. He was always on the outer with Foley for some reason.
    You obviously haven't seen him play.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2