Thread: Glory on the Brink..

vCash

Glory on the Brink..

Disappointing outcome for Tony considering how much he has put into the club.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/...22-p5dqfn.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It seems that the Glory got shafted by the redevelopment of HBF for the Women's World Cup.
    We got to rearrange our matches so we played the majority of home matches afterwards, but the Glory had to play a number of matches at Macedonia Park and the drop in ticket sales (particularly after nearly 2 years of low to zero crowds with Covid) pushed them over the edge.

I did notice that the reports said HBF Park was sold out for last night's match (China v Denmark), but the crowd figure was under 17,000. 85% full isn't bad, but it's not sold out.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Haven't been recently myself, but how was HBF improved?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Haven't been recently myself, but how was HBF improved?
    New hybrid turf surface, new change rooms, new sideline team facilities and new lights.

The other reason the Glory were excluded from all but 3 of their home games was the stadium accepted bookings for concerts.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    It seems that the Glory got shafted by the redevelopment of HBF for the Women's World Cup.
    We got to rearrange our matches so we played the majority of home matches afterwards, but the Glory had to play a number of matches at Macedonia Park and the drop in ticket sales (particularly after nearly 2 years of low to zero crowds with Covid) pushed them over the edge.

I did notice that the reports said HBF Park was sold out for last night's match (China v Denmark), but the crowd figure was under 17,000. 85% full isn't bad, but it's not sold out.
    Would the Glory see any of the money from Ticket Sales for Womens World Cup Matches?

Surely it would go to the Stadium owner - WA Government?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I would assume all ticket sales would go to the FFA, and the state government/stadium would get the ground hire. Wouldn't think the Glory would get a zac, any more than the Force would/will from the RWC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Would the Glory see any of the money from Ticket Sales for Womens World Cup Matches?

Surely it would go to the Stadium owner - WA Government?
    No, but rather than get normal crowds for their home matches this season, Macedonia Park has a capacity of 4,000 (which, I presume, is less than they normally get) so they'd have missed out on ticket income that way. And they didn't get compensated for this. The implication from the various reports I've read was they also didn't get a significant reduction in ground rent for having to rent a smaller stadium, either.

vCash
    Hopefully they can find a new owner, Tony Saga has whinged almost from Day 1 as owner.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    No, but rather than get normal crowds for their home matches this season, Macedonia Park has a capacity of 4,000 (which, I presume, is less than they normally get) so they'd have missed out on ticket income that way. And they didn't get compensated for this. The implication from the various reports I've read was they also didn't get a significant reduction in ground rent for having to rent a smaller stadium, either.
    Apparently they were compensated around $1M for lost ticket revenue by the WA Govt due to the forced move to a smaller ground for home games, so it isn't as if they were too much out of pocket as a result of the HBF redevelopments.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/west...22-p5dqfn.html

The club played most of its home games at 4000-capacity Macedonia Park in Balcatta. Budget papers reveal the state government gifted Glory $500,000 to compensate it for playing at the temporary venue.

It is understood a further $500,000 payment was made, subject to an independent audit of the financial impact of the venue switch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs10 View Post
    Apparently they were compensated around $1M for lost ticket revenue by the WA Govt due to the forced move to a smaller ground for home games, so it isn't as if they were too much out of pocket as a result of the HBF redevelopments.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/west...22-p5dqfn.html
    They were claiming that they'd lose ~$3-4 million in lost ticket sales. The state government gave them $500k, and a $500k reduction in ground rent.