Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Force to sign former Springbok Grant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Will he play to his potential or run a Gits and Drew strategy of collecting a paycheck for minimal effort? nobody knows,
    Firstly, I reckon you're being a little uncharitable to Giteau and Mitchell. Things ended badly but I had no problems with their efforts on-field.

On Grant, what sort of person would take that attitude towards the team representing his family's adopted home?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    This is the best piece of Recruiting news the Force have had since we signed Gitteau.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Welcome Peter Grant to west Australia and the Western Force... I know you have given the Sea of blue somthing to smile for but I think the biggest smile will be on your parents faces... Call WA your home and treat your Family to your presence here.. I can see your Mum full of smiles she has waited a long time for this..

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Firstly, I reckon you're being a little uncharitable to Giteau and Mitchell. Things ended badly but I had no problems with their efforts on-field.

On Grant, what sort of person would take that attitude towards the team representing his family's adopted home?
    On grant, I hope a different one.

On gits and drew, maybe I was harsh on Gits, but Drew improved about 200% when he left us. Maybe that was bad coaching, because Drew was also shifted from fullback to wing...that might have been enough to make the change (a positional change turned Rob Horne from a plodder to a Wallaby, stranger things have happened) but I still think their best years of rugby weren't played in an ocean blue jersey.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Welcome Peter, we need you. our backline lacked structure last season so we all hope you can play a calm, reasoned, well organised and entertaining game for us. Embrace the mentoring role and help build our club, but above all, give us some grunt and structure in attack.....please!

If you can do that I reckon the sea of blue will embrace you very warmly and you will love being in Perth.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Welcome Peter, we need you. our backline lacked structure last season so we all hope you can play a calm, reasoned, well organised and entertaining game for us. Embrace the mentoring role and help build our club, but above all, give us some grunt and structure in attack.....please!

If you can do that I reckon the sea of blue will embrace you very warmly and you will love being in Perth.
    Hear, hear. Very well said.

I got the feeling from his comments he isn't here to be a star or make dollars, he wants to guide the backs on and off the field.great news to build the club.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Been reading some comments on Facebook and am amazed at the vitriol of some people! Gawd, Grant has already proven to be a talented player regardless of star quality, why are people so condemning that he's only 30 - give the guy a chance, he has a wealth of experience and talent to mentor the Force and I think we're lucky to get such a quality team member. Since when is age a factor thinking Hodgo, Sharpie, et al?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Since when is age a factor thinking Hodgo, Sharpie, et al?
    Since he's a back and speed diminishes with age.

However he's certainly got more than the three or four years we need him for!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Tony Brown played for the Sharks in 2006 at 31 when they missed the finals on points difference. He played for the Stormers in 2008 at 33 (subbing in and out with Peter Grant) when they missed out on finals again on points difference. He played for the Highlanders is 2011 at 36. They went from 12th the year before to 8th that year.

Sometimes age isn't the end of the world. Good decision making, solid play and reliable goal kicking was something that Grant can offer that we didn't have in 2015. He will also be a great mentor for Luke Burton. Burton has courage in spades- add to that a better kicking game and better decision making/game management and he could be a good future for us.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Tony Brown played for the Sharks in 2006 at 31 when they missed the finals on points difference. He played for the Stormers in 2008 at 33 (subbing in and out with Peter Grant) when they missed out on finals again on points difference. He played for the Highlanders is 2011 at 36. They went from 12th the year before to 8th that year.
    Exactly. IMO the best fly-half to play for us so far was Dave Hill, leaving out Brock James. He was 32 when he dropped that last minute goal at NIB and he gave an inexperienced back line direction while he was here. Grant has the potential to do more of the same.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2