Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Michael Hooper cited over alleged 'punch'

vCash
    It's that magic word "integrity" again that's being ignored. And they say the rot starts at the top.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Bloody hell we are a bunch of sad sacks. The bloke did nothing but push an idiot in the back who was holding him back illegally.

He should never have been sighted yet alone suspended.

Beale and cooper have also been released to play club rugby this week so it's not just hooper.

Also what short memory's we have if I recall it was the force who benefited by this exact thing a year or two ago with Alby and even McCalman both who were named in a club side during a bye round following a suspension.

Get off your high horses and support an undefeated wallabies team who will be at full strength against the worlds best team to win the rugby championships.

Up the wallabies!
    Hear hear!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm sensing a Gen X v Gen Y divide here. A reflection of today's society perhaps?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I'm sensing a Gen X v Gen Y divide here. A reflection of today's society perhaps?
    Yup it's the - "so long as we win don't give a flying ### how we get it." mentality.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    It's that magic word "integrity" again that's being ignored. And they say the rot starts at the top.
    Totally agree.

I grew up in country Victoria where young sportsmen were encouraged to lie at tribunal hearings just so they could play next week.
    Why would anybody be surprised when the same kid lies in other aspects of his life.

Don't really care what the Force did with Alby or Ben.
    When had either played with their allocated club?

Don't tell me - these are just white lies and "everybody does it" or "they did it first".
    School yard stuff!

And sports wonder why some potential sponsors won't touch them.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Hear hear!
    Exactly, it is sneaky but it is the ARU's job to get the best possible players on the field for the wallabies to give us a chance of winning the tri nations and Bledisloe cup. Get behind them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I'm not so sure. You know I'm not a Gen Y-er, but I'm certainly sitting the fence.

The bigger worry for me is not his being named in a club team to serve his suspension, that's standard practice these days, the worry is the fact that GAGGER-philes were reporting earlier in the week that he couldn't play for Many because he hasn't qualified to play finals. The GAGGER-ati will know the finer workings of Shit Shield rugby by heart, since it's the only rugby being played in the known universe to most of them.

It's dodgy for the ARU to break the rules of one of their member unions to get an overrated (but admittedly useful) player off a ban for striking which was pretty conclusive.

I wonder if the deal was negotiated by SANZAR in order to ensure the rampant diving by Argentina wasn't bought more to the fore (ie Yes he was cited, yes he did strike the player, but the provocation was significant and the reaction was ridiculously inflated, how about we all save face by giving him a ban which means precisely nothing in the greater scheme of things OK?)

C'mon the

vCash
    No rules have been broken or bent by the aru in letting hooper be named in the manly side for the quarters.

As a Waratah and wallaby to be eligible for finals you don't need to have played during the season just keep up registration for the club.

It's a rule Brought in years ago pretty much for Sydney uni being able to stack their side come finals which they have done for a long time.

I stand corrected but unless things have changed there is nothing stopping say Ben Mac from playing for kala in the finals as he would be a registered player at the club

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    [QUOTE=GAFFA;402008]No rules have been broken or bent by the aru in letting hooper be named in the manly side for the quarters./QUOTE]

Thanks Gaffa. But seriously do you really think Hooper was going to play, even off the bench, a week before a Bledisloe?

Wow...I've just been called a "tree hugger" on G&GR. If only they knew!

vCash
    As a Waratah and wallaby to be eligible for finals you don't need to have played during the season just keep up registration for the club.
    If that's the case, them I'm completely for this approach and my source (GAGGER) is ignorant of the rules and workings of the Sydney club competition....which matches their ignorance of all other rugby competitions.

AndrewG, it makes no difference whether he would have played this week. His ineligibility for the Wallabies will change his eligibility for Manly, as an example, if he were returning from injury and in need of some game time for fitness, where would he play?

Manly, that's where.

C'mon the

vCash

It's a rule Brought in years ago pretty much for Sydney uni being able to stack their side come finals which they have done for a long time.
    The Richard Brown rule exploited by Cottesloe back 2009?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    So now the it's a SANZAR wide conspiracy against the Force as opposed to just an ARU one?
    Nothing to do with SANZAR just how the ARU can set it up to save a warratah... Whether he is in or out the reslt still the same ABs to win

vCash
    That is very confident Tonkar.... AB got lucky last week as McCaw's try should not have been allowed. It will be a tight game for sure but I reckon the Wallabies will win by a whisker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Nothing to do with SANZAR just how the ARU can set it up to save a warratah... Whether he is in or out the reslt still the same ABs to win
    By using a rule that has been on the books for years?

How very crafty of them to have planned years ahead to get Michael Hooper off. The ARU must be close to qualifying for cartoonish super villain status by now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    By using a rule that has been on the books for years?

How very crafty of them to have planned years ahead to get Michael Hooper off. The ARU must be close to qualifying for cartoonish super villain status by now.
    Not until Pulver completes a raving monologue topped with a bout of heinous laughter whilst wearing some sort of villan-ous outfit

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...96-dr-evil.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast