Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Queensland Rugby exits Quade Cooper negotiations

vCash
    And yet JO'C was happy to sign for the Richard Graham coached Reds.

I'd say GIGS in right. The Reds have pulled out because the ARU aren't going to fork out the $200k to break his previous commitment.

If we've forked out the full cap whoever is charge of the purse strings needs to be shot. We cannot possibly be paying top dollar for some of the plodders we have playing for us.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If I have to choose between watch Cooper play in a Force jumper and watching the force loosing every week then I choose the latter
    I really can see cooper contribute to the long term success of the Western Force

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I would like to see Zack Holmes remain at the Force.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I would like to see Zack Holmes remain at the Force.

he is not going to win us a championship either mate we need something outside of the box

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Cooper won't either. But if we're gonna be near the bottom, then at least let us do it while developing Western Australian players.

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Cooper won't either. But if we're gonna be near the bottom, then at least let us do it while developing Western Australian players.
    Yea I agree however I dont think Zack will get any better than his current form
    There is a couple of other young boys that could make it one of these is Nick Jooste he was the U17 and U20 flyhalf and played against Singapore for force A on fullback. Lost of talent at only 19 years of age.

vCash
    I'd rock up each and every week to watch a force team full of west aussies get thumped by everyone
    At least it would be west australians on the field

Now there are people playing out there who have come from other places who now think of West Aus as home.
    And to me they are west aussies too.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yeah, it'll be cool if he does get replaced by another WA guy. These guys can change the culture of the organisation in the future.

vCash
    I've avoided weighing in on the Cooper speculation, because it's obvious the ARU won't stump up the dough to get him out of the legal entabglements he's got himself into in France, but hypothetically.....Cooper fills a lot of the gaps we had in attack this season, He's a cluey flyhalf who can attack with the best of them. Unfortunately, we also had issues in defense, which Cooper won't help in any way shape or form.

If pigs start flying around my head, I wouldn't be totally against him being over here on a short-term "teach Luke Burton the ropes in attack" contract with no possibility of extension beyond "Luke is ready to start matches" time and with a commensurate salary.

C'mon the

vCash
    I saw in the news ticker on the morning show there's a rumour that Quakes might go to the tahs.

Firstly, this shit is bananas.
    Secondly, I would believe it, apparently the tahs can have any player they want. Watch his ARU contract and top up get quickly and quietly ratified and his virtually instant entry into the wallabies training squad

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    There is a couple of other young boys that could make it one of these is Nick Jooste he was the U17 and U20 flyhalf and played against Singapore for force A on fullback. Lost of talent at only 19 years of age.
    I might be mistaken, but I think Nick is only 17 (birthday in July?). Certainly U18 qualified because he is in the current WA Schoolboys squad and should push for Australian Schoolboys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I saw in the news ticker on the morning show there's a rumour that Quakes might go to the tahs.

Firstly, this shit is bananas.
    Secondly, I would believe it, apparently the tahs can have any player they want. Watch his ARU contract and top up get quickly and quietly ratified and his virtually instant entry into the wallabies training squad
    The West today has a story about him joining the Australian sevens team. I can't believe that the ARU would pay that amount of money simply for playing sevens, and the story does mention him playing in France, so it'd be on a retainer, but I doubt he'll get released from Toulon to play in the sevens tournaments - Boudjellal doesn't like his internationals playing international rugby, yet alone sevens!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I doubt that they will pick him for the 7s let alone Toulon releasing him for the Olympics, if he ends up in France.

It really seems like the ARU are very keen on keeping him and I suppose that it is through a clear lack of quality 10s in Australia at the moment specially with Foley leaving....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    I doubt that they will pick him for the 7s let alone Toulon releasing him for the Olympics, if he ends up in France. It really seems like the ARU are very keen on keeping him and I suppose that it is through a clear lack of quality 10s in Australia at the moment specially with Foley leaving....
    If that is accurate, the ARU are being particularly stupid about it. Quade isn't good enough to warrant that sort of attention and even if he were, he's starting to get old in rugby terms, we need to look towards the future after the world cup. Quade shouldn't play next world cup. Foley would be the guy with some young pup backing him up.

C'mon the

vCash
    I thought Foley was on one of those sign with the ARU and we'll let you go overseas outside of Super Rugby/Test window deals?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast