Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Foxsports Rugby news of the week

vCash
    agree Marcel is definitely a keeper.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'd take Marcel over Junior any day. You couldn't pay me to say Junior is worth more than Marcel.

It remains to be seen if Tapuai is any better. I'll leave that one to see some actual evidence before commenting.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'd take Marcel over Junior any day. You couldn't pay me to say Junior is worth more than Marcel.
    So would I, but the coaches appear to rate Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    It remains to be seen if Tapuai is any better. I'll leave that one to see some actual evidence before commenting.
    He might get picked on the basis of he's the 'shiny new thing', or if the coaches don't want to admit that they've got a pup. Lance might be picked likewise.

I wonder whether either would be playing for the Spirit. Tapuai played for Brisbane last year, Lance didn't seem to play for anyone. Does anyone know how transfers between NRC teams are handled when the player changes Super Rugby teams?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I thnk I remember somewhere that Super rugby contracts last till the international season, that would be before the beginning of the NRC wouldn't it?

I think Taps has the frame to be a far better 13 than Marcel, but that means nothing Junior has the frame to be a far better 13 than Marcel and it hasn't worked out this year. I think Junior's problem is either a small ticker or a small brain (possibly both) which cause him to be either incapable of the mental shifting that has been required of him this year or just not really wanting to do the hard work. Tapuai could easily have the same disease (we've all seen it, the kid who grows early and becomes the best player in under 12s never actually learning to put in the hard graft, just living off his size and eventually the others grow to be the same size but have developed "mongrel")

Hopefully if that is part of Ben's makeup the Force talent identification squad know it and havea solution before they sign him.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Like many others I watched Marcel before this year and didn't rate him. OK, so he's not the biggest or best centre we could have but his defence, apart from the Brumbies, has been very good this year. His enthusiasm is fantastic and he is a great team man. He's a keeper, not necessarily as regular starter but a good back up. I wonder whether the USA have been in touch with him yet for the World Cup. They should be after this season.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Like many others I watched Marcel before this year and didn't rate him. OK, so he's not the biggest or best centre we could have but his defence, apart from the Brumbies, has been very good this year. His enthusiasm is fantastic and he is a great team man. He's a keeper, not necessarily as regular starter but a good back up. I wonder whether the USA have been in touch with him yet for the World Cup. They should be after this season.
    Yep - i have big apologies to make after my public berating of him. He must've been crook, cause since then he has been the total opposite of what i saw.

Always has the most ticker in the backs, constantly talking and encouraging. Tackles like a deamon. Brache > Rasolea.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2