Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foxsports Rugby news of the week

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Foxsports Rugby news of the week

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/paytopanda-wallabies-kicking-coach-facing-the-punt/story-e6frf4pu-1227393643091

WALLABIES goalkicking coach Damien Hill is in the firing line due to the poor form of Australia’s top goal-kickers in Super Rugby this year.

Coach Michael Cheika says Blah Blah Blah

FORMER Miss Australia Renae Ayris will be one of the Waratahs’ special guests at their popular Ladies’ Day function tomorrow night at Allianz Stadium.

Blah BlahBlah Amanda Keller.​

THERE are some very worried officials in Perth, as several off-contract Western Force players refuse to re-sign with the struggling club.

A number of players have offers on the table from the Force, but are holding out to see what other deals might come their way from rival Australian teams and overseas.

The impasse has forced the club to again scour the South African club scene for possible back-ups.

HAVING threatened to join Melbourne, Liam Gill Blah Blah Blah

POT-bellied journalists running around in Wallabies gear on Allianz Stadium on a rainy morning could only ever end in strife.

And so it unfolded with the doyen of commentators, Gordon Bray.
    Blah Blah Blah

ONE of the Waratahs’ most loyal fans will be rewarded for his dedication at the Tahs’ clash with the Reds tomorrow night after his friends petitioned the club for him to run the ball on the field pre-match.

As in, literally petitioned them. A change.org petition was started for “Waratah Jesus”, aka Nic Buckle, to do the pre-match duties and after it ticked up past 140 votes, the Waratahs came to the party.

Buckle, who wears a light blue suit to every game, will run the match-ball on. Good rugby people.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    THERE are some very worried officials in Perth, as several off-contract Western Force players refuse to re-sign with the struggling club.

A number of players have offers on the table from the Force, but are holding out to see what other deals might come their way from rival Australian teams and overseas.

The impasse has forced the club to again scour the South African club scene for possible back-ups.

IF it's true that is a big worry!
    Anyone any idea who they are supposed to be talking about? I thought most the signings had been completed and confirmed. If they are playing games the drop them and get in a team who want to be here and if they are all Saffers so be it!
    I want a team that want to be here not someone who's prepared to hold the club to ransom.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=36566

Thats the Contract Renewals thread. Not many names have 2015 after them.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post

ONE of the Waratahs’ most loyal fans will be rewarded for his dedication at the Tahs’ clash with the Reds tomorrow night after his friends petitioned the club for him to run the ball on the field pre-match.

As in, literally petitioned them. A change.org petition was started for “Waratah Jesus”, aka Nic Buckle, to do the pre-match duties and after it ticked up past 140 votes, the Waratahs came to the party.

Buckle, who wears a light blue suit to every game, will run the match-ball on. Good rugby people.
    I gave WJ a vote on this, but only because I want to see him "run". He's already said it will be more a "meaningful meander" rather than a run

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Nice to see the special kids get a run.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post

IF it's true that is a big worry!
    Anyone any idea who they are supposed to be talking about? I thought most the signings had been completed and confirmed. If they are playing games the drop them and get in a team who want to be here and if they are all Saffers so be it!
    I want a team that want to be here not someone who's prepared to hold the club to ransom.
    There are only 8 players from last year that have not re signed for next year not including Yamada and the EPS. And of those 8 I would say only Morahan and Tessman stand a chance of being offered something elsewhere. The other 6 are Van Wyke, Robbie Able, Bryno, RHP, Brache & Lacey.

Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 12-06-15 at 09:03.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    There is clearly something very rotten going on at the Force. Wish we could get to the bottom of what it is! It has to be cultural though for so many players to be hanging out for something better. Selection policy and game plan maybe??

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    There are only 8 players from last year that have re signed for next year not including Yamada and the EPS. And of those 8 I would say only Morahan and Tessman stand a chance of being offered something elsewhere. The other 6 are Van Wyke, Robbie Able, Bryno, RHP, Brache & Lacey.
    Something rotten Alison? Only eight not locked in and a few of those are fringe anyway. Is that really something to have 'very worried officials in Perth'. When the wholetruth comes out about Zack I think we'll find it was down to him and he's regeretting it and it's hardly a state secret that South Africa is a target for players. Just remember where this unsauced rumour came from.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Something rotten Alison? Only eight not locked in and a few of those are fringe anyway. Is that really something to have 'very worried officials in Perth'. .
    Agree with wholetruth

When our best players Benny Mac and Hodgo resign how can there be an issue?

The players left to re-sign are at best fringe super 15 and not in demand by other franchises, I suspect they are waiting for the Force to offer them something rather than the other way round.

I suspect Marcel and Brynard have Immigration and ARU legs to their contracts that may be delaying them

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Fair comment guys. Wholetruth - are you saying Zack is the unnamed source??

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Fair comment guys. Wholetruth - are you saying Zack is the unnamed source??
    No no the unnamed sauce of the original rumour/gossip/rubbish

vCash
    I gave WJ a vote on this, but only because I want to see him "run". He's already said it will be more a "meaningful meander" rather than a run
    Give yerself an uppercut, despite your reasons.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    There are only 8 players from last year that have not re signed for next year not including Yamada and the EPS. And of those 8 I would say only Morahan and Tessman stand a chance of being offered something elsewhere. The other 6 are Van Wyke, Robbie Able, Bryno, RHP, Brache & Lacey.
    Morahan and Tessman should be offered contracts. Morahan might not be offered what he thinks he's worth because of his defensive lapses and Tessman would be an idiot not to field offers, he's been consistently benching behind Cheese and must be in the frame to start for SOMEBODY!

Everybody knows the respect I have for Brache's enthusiasm, but I would think the Force are safe to hold on and negotiate with players who are bigger, or at least have a bigger name, because he needs to play with a bunch of heart to match the blokes on other teams.

Brad Lacey needs to get another contract, but we haven't seen any changes to outside backs all year and I can't see much changing until the find an attack coach.

Everybody else isn't pissing the force around, they're being shown the door!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Morahan and Tessman should be offered contracts. Morahan might not be offered what he thinks he's worth because of his defensive lapses and Tessman would be an idiot not to field offers, he's been consistently benching behind Cheese and must be in the frame to start for SOMEBODY!

Everybody knows the respect I have for Brache's enthusiasm, but I would think the Force are safe to hold on and negotiate with players who are bigger, or at least have a bigger name, because he needs to play with a bunch of heart to match the blokes on other teams.

Brad Lacey needs to get another contract, but we haven't seen any changes to outside backs all year and I can't see much changing until the find an attack coach.

Everybody else isn't pissing the force around, they're being shown the door!
    Hold onto Marcel with all hands!

vCash
    I'd say Marcel is a better version of Paddy Dellit - plays with lots of heart, although a little small to play centre (13) and a little slow to play wing. Playing Godwin and Brache in the centres makes our centres a little small, but both defend like bigger men. The arrival of Tapuai and Rasolea returning from injury may make Brache expendable, but I hope they can keep him for his versatility and heart.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast