WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Thursday, 4 June 2015

Saturday, 6th June, 2015
    Kick-off times:
    First Grade: 3.30pm
    Reserve Grade: 1.50pm
    Under 19: 12.30pm

By Will Melville

Click here to see the Tries of the Week from Round Eight of the Pindan Premier Grade

Match of the Round: Joondalup (6) v Associates (3) at HBF Arena, Joondalup
    Associates will be looking to build on last week’s 37-23 win over Cottesloe when they travel to HBF Arena to take on Joondalup on Saturday.

With the race for third and fourth intensifying by the week, Associates – currently in third position – must continue winning if they are to stay ahead of the converging pack.

Associates winger Ronan Colleran will be on the watch list for Joondalup after scoring a hat-trick last Saturday against Cottesloe.

Joondalup will look to put last week’s 30-point defeat at the hands of Nedlands behind them as they enter the final match in the first round of matches.

A win for the sixth-placed Brothers is important if they wish to push their cause as a finals contender, as they currently sit five points adrift of the top four.

Joondalup: 1. Lorenzo Mario, 2. Tristan Schneider, 3. Laione Mulikihaamea, 4. Matthew Holland, 5. Conor McDougall, 6. Adam Gregory, 7. Adam Wallis, 8. Tamati Timoko, 9. Johann Louw, 10. Carlos Waretini, 11. Michael Connolly, 12. James Wepener, 13. Maalonga Konelio, 14.Tamati Young, 15. Lui Guivalu.
    Associates: 1. John Ogilvie, 2. Tabbie Du Plessis, 3. Ehipa (Pa) Thompson, 4. Matt Leary, 5. Peter Trend, 6. Dean Taylor-Menzies, 7. Michael Polastri, 8. Al Rovira, 9. Justin Turner, 10. Hugh Norcross, 11. Casper Nell, 12. Altus Momsen, 13. HP Momsen, 14.Ronan Colleran, 15. Robbie Ingram.

Cottesloe (5) v Kalamunda (4) at Harvey Field, Cottesloe
    Kalamunda have been the silent achiever through the first half of the season, pulling their way into fourth position following a comprehensive 42-5 victory over Wanneroo at Hartfield Park last week.

Kalamunda flyer Faamanatu Apineru will be looking to continue his recent try scoring form after scoring a double last week against Wanneroo that brought his season’s total to 13 tries.

Meanwhile, Cottesloe will be looking to break a four-match losing streak that has seen them slip outside the top four for the first time this year.

With games against UWA and Palmyra to come in following weeks, Cottesloe will be looking to get their campaign back on track against the Bulls to regain their standing within the top four.

Cottesloe: 1. John Monk / Kaisa Reidy, 2. Urbain Lawrence / Charles Abel, 3. Oliver Hoskins, 4. Damien Carley, 5. Kieran Stringer 6. Adrian Hall, Angus Duckett, 8. Ross Haylett-Petty, 9. Charl Nieuwenhuis, 10. Antini Brown, 11, Simi Veratu, 12. Kelvin Smith, 13. Tobias Hoskins, 14. Nili Afeaki, 15. Sean Martin
    Kalamunda: 1. Aaron Minnet, 2. Mark Royal, 3. Roy Kuka, 4. Matthew Dessauvagie, 5. Nikau Rangiwhetu (c), 6. Russell Burgess (c), 7. Lukas Birch, 8. Leo Auvaa, 9. Ryan Black, 10. Preston Elama, 11. Faamanatu Apineru, 12. Tama Makamaka, 13. J'None Tuitavake, 14. Douglas Cordadine, 15. Daley Harper.

Nedlands (2) v Palmyra (7) at The Foreshore, Nedlands
    Nedlands will defend the RugbyWA Cup for the first time when they host Palmyra at The Foreshore this Saturday.

Palmyra have dropped to seventh on the Pindan Premier Grade table after consecutive losses against Wests Scarborough and Kalamunda, and will need to overcome last year’s minor premiers as a means of not slipping further down the log.

‘Neddies’ continue to knock on the door of Wests Scarborough, who sit atop of the table. Nedlands, who cruised to a 37-7 victory over Joondalup last week, will be determined to keep winning, knowing that any slip-up by the Boars will allow them to leapfrog into top place.

Nedlands: 1. Joseph Ritchie, 2. Anaru Rangi, 3. Jermaine Ainsley, 4. Scott Stevens, 5. Michael Egan, 6. Andries Van Der Westhuizen, 7. Shane Hemi, 8. Tevin Ferris, 9. Michael Ruru, 10. Jese Toto, 11. Cameron McStay, 12. Davis Tavita, 13. Louis Saunders-Loder, 14. Neihana Christian, 15. Dylan Loversidge.
    Palmyra: 1. Joe Savage, 2. Michael Tui, 3. Hamoira Tioke, 4.Phil O’Connor, 5. Jarrod Menary, 6. J-C Nell, 7. David Hull, 8. Onehunga Havilli, 9. Brian Jurisich, 10. Sam Jurisich, 11. Nick Els, 12.Jonny Alston, 13Vinnie Booiman, 14. Panashe Kamhara, 15. Tutere Waenga.

Wests Scarborough (1) v Perth Bayswater (10) at Pat O’Hara Reserve, Morley
    The undefeated Wests Scarborough will look to extend their unbeaten run to nine matches when they clash with Perth Bayswater in Morley.

Despite Nedlands breathing down their necks, a win on Saturday would ensure the Boars stay on top of the Pindan Premier Grade table for another week.

Perth Bayswater will be looking to record their first win of the season, and an upset against the ladder leaders could be the kick- needed to turn their season around.

With these two teams at either end of the ladder, with nothing to lose ‘Baysie’ will be sure to throw everything at the high-flying Wests.

Wests Scarborough: 1. Chris Kidd, 2. Conrad Houkamau, 3. Dylan Crawford, 4. Matthew Obrien, 5. Rory Walton, 6. DJ Ferris, 7. Keith Andrews, 8. Hayden Anderson, 9. Michael Marshall 10. AJ Alatimu 11. Jrome Lennaed-Tekanawa, 12. Saula Fifita, 13. Jordan Luke, 14. Jayden Devorms, 15. Albert Nikora.
    Perth Bayswater: 1. Neil Boland, 2. Ben Buist, 3. Adam Grant, 4. Ngaruhe Jones, 5. Joel Winterburn, 6. Douglas Grey-Hull, 7. Jake Buist, 8. James Elaschewsky, 9. Troy Mete, 10. Ollie Clements, 11. Reuben Haile, 12. Kolia Konelio, 13. Wade Bryant, 14. Zubayr Abrahams, 15. Wayne Thompson;

UWA (8) v Wanneroo (9) at McGillivray Oval, Mt Claremont
    UWA are looking for back-to-back victories after a big win over bottom-placed Perth Bayswater, 45-8, last weekend.

Another victory against Wanneroo will ensure they maintain touch with the leading sides and take some form into their Round 10 clash with Cottesloe.

UWA and Western Force flanker Chris Alcock will be looking to continue his strong form, after scoring two tries last week against ‘Baysie’ last week.

Ninth-placed Wanneroo will look to bring some pride back in to their club after falling to Kalamunda last weekend.

Prior to last weekend, the Roo Dogs had recorded back-to-back wins over Joondalup and Perth Bayswater, and will be looking to return to the winners’ list this week.

UWA: 1. Nevin Mills 2. Ed Brook, 3. Sui Liaga, 4.Jeremy Smith, 5. Brent Murphy , 6. Tala Moli, 7. Chris Alcock, 8 Cian O'Connor, 9. Jimmy Blomberg, 10. Chris Setu, 11. Christian Joubert , 12. Mike Beattie, 13. Ben Taylor, 14. Mike Lees. 15. Clay Uyen
    Wanneroo: 1. Goliath Nikora, 2. Scott Cornell, 3. Andre Roux, 4. Adam Candy, 5. Bradley Campbell, . Sylvo Iro, 7. Benjamin Stimson, 8. Nathan Iro, 9. Bryce Watkins, 10. Kyle Bowie, 11. Jarred Rees, 12. Andrew King, 13. Cerri Cummings, 14. TBC, 15. Alistair Laurie.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I know i'm not "qualified" to post in this thread but can someone provide their opinion on Nikoro and why he hasn't made the force gameday squad when he was a regular for Waikato in ITM cup last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    I know i'm not "qualified" to post in this thread but can someone provide their opinion on Nikoro and why he hasn't made the force gameday squad when he was a regular for Waikato in ITM cup last year?
    coach dislikes him. Cant tell me IMHO that in this train wreck of a season where the backs have looked clueless with ball in hand that nikoro could have been given 10 minutes of super rugby time to see how he was travelling.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Player
    vCash
    Soaks to beat Joondalup, they must be a bit beaten up after last weeks loss.
    Kalamunda to continue Cotts slide down the ladder.
    Nedlands to get home over Paly and retain the rugby cup.
    Wests to flog PB.
    UWA and Wanneroo to have a boring draw.

vCash
    I'd like to hear from Westies man👌👌

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Champion
    vCash
    Bros v Soaks
    Arm wrestle coming up, expect Bros to get home in a close one. Big game for both clubs but think the wave that Bros are riding at home will be enough to sneak them in by a few. Soaks tight 5 will get done and no Holmes, big loss.
    Bros by 4
    Cott v Kala
    Cott will compete for 60 minutes but the lack of depth on the bench will expose them. Kala will bash them up early and then start to open the game up and run away with it. The return of Lugs off the bench will certainly give Kala impact and he will also provide plenty of impact at the after match. Things are very crook down Harvey Field way and today Cott will cop a serious beating.
    Tip Kala by 18 plus
    Neddies v Paly
    The long awaited return of Ruru and Tavita will add too much class to the Neddies backline and with the amazing recuperative powers of Saunders-Loder who snapped his Tibia last week but has been named will give Neddies the edge over a team who although naming captain Joe Savage who I have been informed by my source won't actually be playing. This sounds a bit dodgy and this source may actually be giving me incorrect inside info. With the Rat not being able to start tells me the depth of Neddies loosies is quite strong. The game day structures that Gus Martin put in place is starting to reap benefits.
    Tip Neddies by 12
    Wests v Baysie
    Will be a tough day at the office for Baysie and as always will compete for 60 mins but Wests will run away with it. For those that have short memories Wests were in exactly the same boat as Baysie 6 or 7 seasons back and people on this very forum were calling for our heads. They can and will turn this around. The season ending injury of PG Hampshire winner DJ is a big loss. The 18 and 19 year old's running around for Baysie will eventually pay dividends.
    Tip Wests by 20
    Scarfies V Dogs
    Last seasons comp winners are struggling and every game from now in is a must win. The loss of straight running midfielder of Joel Rapana is not to be under estimated and the backline have struggled. Still with a handy pack they will give The Dogs a spirited run and I expect them to run away with it. The appearance of AB living legend C E Meads [Pinetree] at the match who is speaking at their dinner tonight will give them a lift but it won't be enough. The Dogs winning steak will end today.
    Scarf Draggers by 15.
    Let's put last weeks disagreement behind us Zed and I'll let you buy me a beer at the dinner tonight.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Kala 40-24 Cott

Kalas class down the wings was too much for Cott who used the pick and drive to good effect. Cotts play was fairly predictable for most of the game, midfield crash, 2 pods round the corner then straight to the backs coming back whereae Kals backs found huge gaps down the left wing repeatedly running in some good long range attacks. Luggs had an impact in his first game this year for Kala. Kalas backline is forming a formidable attacking game, with the big man at 8 again steamrolling players at will with the man O at 7 and Russ at 6 complimenting each others work in tight to ensure the opportunities for the fast guys out wide.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Kala 40-24 Cott

Kalas class down the wings was too much for Cott who used the pick and drive to good effect. Cotts play was fairly predictable for most of the game, midfield crash, 2 pods round the corner then straight to the backs coming back whereae Kals backs found huge gaps down the left wing repeatedly running in some good long range attacks. Luggs had an impact in his first game this year for Kala. Kalas backline is forming a formidable attacking game, with the big man at 8 again steamrolling players at will with the man O at 7 and Russ at 6 complimenting each others work in tight to ensure the opportunities for the fast guys out wide.
    Like said after neddies played them that cott have become very predictable but hey what would i know just ask pity the fool he might be able too shed some light on the problems at cott

Last edited by Bally; 07-06-15 at 09:04.

Player
    vCash
    Strolled across to watch Neddies yesterday, pretty impressive bunch of guys. The whole forward pack was outstanding and complimented the attacking backline perfectly. Palmyra looked good at times but too many of their players weren't prepared to do the hard stuff. Their tall lock did not look happy when dragged late in the game and their big number 8 was more than happy to seagull in the backline.
    Standouts for me were the Nedlands hooker (hits like a freight train), 1st 5/8, the young prop, openside flanker and off course their Captain who always leads by example.

Rookie
    vCash
    I agree with choice. Drove up from down south to find out what my son had been talking about. He knows a few young colts or just been colts that are at Nedlands. I counted no less than 6 players who who are 19 or less. Young halfback replaced .the force' Ian Prior and played out the last 50 minutes after full game with colts and did not look out of place.
    The boys have been raving about the opportunities and the coaching expertise that they are being given. A couple travel from mandurah and say it is well worth it.
    Palmyra were much bigger but Nedlands more organised in defence and attack all during a physical contest. A couple of older heads also keeps the young boys in check.
    The second grade was not too bad either. Once again Palmyra were bigger but ran out of steam as nedlands stuck to their task. I see Tony Ball working with the 2nds and running water for the 1st's. He is another coach that should have been afforded the opportunity to coach higher surely at least NRC.
    I wish Rockingham and Mandurah had 1st grade sides so to be able to mix with these clubs on a permanent basis, I can see in my sons mates how much they are loving it.
    Good canteen too!!!! Burgers are the best!!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsdoin View Post
    I wish Rockingham and Mandurah had 1st grade sides so to be able to mix with these clubs on a permanent basis, I can see in my sons mates how much they are loving it.
    So does everyone else involved in club rugby. They should both sit down over a few cold one's, put the past behind them and get their shit together for the good of the game. Create one club that would be a real force.
    Heard it's only a few Mandurah so called diehards that is preventing it from happening.
    Word of advice to Mandurah, piss them off.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Luggs had an impact in his first game this year for Kala.
    Aftermatch ?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Sunday, 7 June 2015

KADER DOUBLE HELPS SOAKS OVERCOME BROTHER

Pindan Premier Grade – Round Nine
    Associates 36 defeated Joondalup 27 at HBF Arena, Joondalup.
    Kalamunda 40 defeated Cottesloe 24 at Harvey Field, Cottesloe.
    Wests Scarborough 62 defeated Perth Bayswater 17 at Pat O’Hara Reserve, Morley.
    UWA 30 defeated Wanneroo 16 at McGillivray Oval, Mt. Claremont.

A two-try performance by lock Zane Kader has helped Associates defeat Joondalup, 36-27, yesterday at HBF Arena Joondalup.

The former club captain returned to the Associates second row after two years away from rugby and was influential in the second half, helping the Swanbourne side seal victory.

The win has put Associates well in contention for a top three finish, and they will look to carry on their winning ways to continue their finals campaign after missing last year’s play-offs.

Associates coach Andy Cole said he hopes the win will provide some breathing space for his side from the teams closing in on finals contention.

“We had a bit of a lead on from last week and obviously the boys were very pleased with the win over Cottesloe, but we knew we had to come here and grind this one out,” he said.

“It was a really important game for us, hopefully it’s going to give us a bit of separation between us and the chasing pack.

“We enjoy playing open rugby, so whenever we can we are going to give the ball some air.”

Cole said that the promotion of Joondalup into this season’s competition had been a positive in the Pindan Premier Grade.

“They’ve more than earned their spot here,” he said. “Coming up here we knew it was going to be a big game and it was good competition.

“They knocked a few teams off this year and we were obviously wary of that.”

The Joondalup forward pack dominated the opening stages of the match, but it was unforced errors and lacking a clinical finish that held them back from scoring first.

It was Associates who put the first points on the board after Casper Nell broke the line to set up Dean Taylor-Menzies to score from only metres out, underneath a pile of players. HP Momsen missed the conversion attempt, leaving the score at 5-0 in the 10th minute.

The Brothers responded quickly after Associates were caught holding onto the ball at the breakdown with Johann Louw kicking the penalty goal easily from 10 metres out putting the score at 5-3.

The home side took the lead after Associates were called offside after a long advantage. This gave Louw another chance to kick the ball from close range, this time 15 metres out where he easily split the posts to put the score at 6-5.

Scrumhalf Justin Turner put Associates up in the 30th minute, scoring an unassisted try from the back of the breakdown after selling a dummy pass to score. Momsen converted the kick for a 12-6 lead, which was held into half time.

Laione Mulikihaamea opened the second half scoring for Joondalup after the forward pack strung together multiple phases in the 22m, allowing the powerful prop to burst over the try line only five metres from touch. Louw converted for a one-point lead at 13-12.

However, Associates responded under pressure with Robbie Ingram scoring a try after a build-up of play by the backline, to reclaim the lead, 17-13, before Kader crossed for his first, with Momsen’s conversion extending the lead to 24-13.

Joondalup began to close the gap in the 68th minute and keep their hopes of winning alive, with a try to club stalwart Matt Holland – despite claims that he’d been held up – and Louw’s conversion drawing the score closer at 24-20.

While Kader scored his second off a the back of a rolling maul, the ‘Brothers’ that returned fire when they were awarded a penalty try for an intentional knock down with a four-man, bringing the score to 29-27 with just five minutes remaining.

However, Altus Momsen closed out the match for Associates when the inside centre scored off a backline play from a lineout inside the 22, with his brother converting to round out the final 36-27 scoreline.

In yesterday’s other results, Kalamunda confirmed their place in the top four defeating Cottesloe 40-24; Nedlands overcame Palmyra to defend the RugbyWA Cup with a 41-21 victory; Wests Scarborough remained undefeated taking a convincing 62-17 win over Perth Bayswater; and UWA kept their season alive, defeating Waneroo 30-16.

Associates 36 (Zane Kader 2; Dean Taylor-Menzies, Justin Turner, Robbie Ingram, Altus Momsen tries; HP Momsen 3 conversions) defeated Joondalup 27 (Laione Mulikihaamea, Matt Holland tries; Penalty Try; Johann Louw 3 conversions, 2 penalties).

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    Like said after neddies played them that cott have become very predictable but hey what would i know just ask pity the fool he might be able too shed some light on the problems at cott
    Ahh Bally, Monday without your abuse of English grammar would not be the same. Cott were just poor in the backline, plain and simple. The forwards dominated, including the "peanut sheller", but with some lazy loosies and some inept defense out wide, Cott will continue to struggle for the remainder of the season....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Aftermatch ?
    Nah, he slam tackled the Cott 10 at a ruck cleaning out. Didnt look like much but some Cott Admins were threatening to site him. As for Olly, the hardest thing he did all day was try to fight the Kala halfback after brother Toby got rucked for not rolling away at a ruck. A cream filled condom would beat Olly in a fight, fugging softttt. Our 2nd grade loosehead out scrummaged Olly.
    Talking to Cotts backs coach afterwards he said they were pretty much full strength, except the 'pros'.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast