Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Force v Reds Round 16

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Force v Reds Round 16

The Western Force has named an unchanged 23-man squad to take on the Queensland Reds at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) on Saturday (30 May).

It is the first time this season the side has named an unchanged line-up, and the first time since the team’s match against the Cheetahs in Round 12 last season.

“While we showed a lot of character last week, particularly in defence, it’s important we bring that same intensity to finish off the opportunities we’re creating in attack,” Head Coach Michael Foley said.

“It’s exciting to finish with three derby matches – two of them in Perth – and the guys are very driven to finish the season well.”

On Saturday, the Western Force will wear pink socks for the match in support of the McGrath Foundation’s ‘Pull On Your Socks’ campaign. ‘Pull On Your Socks’ encourages sports teams and sporty people to wear pink socks to support the McGrath Foundation in its mission to ensure every family in Australia experiencing breast cancer has access to a breast care nurse, as well as increasing breast awareness in young Australians.

The Western Australian team will be pulling on their socks in support of the campaign and is encouraging its supporters in the Sea of Blue to do the same. ‘Pull On Your Socks’ merchandise – socks ($12) and scarves ($20) – is available in advance of the game from the Western Force Team Store or at the match, with all proceeds going to the McGrath Foundation.

Western Force v Queensland Reds

The ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium), Perth

Saturday, 30 May 2015

Kick-off: 5.40pm

1. Pekahou Cowan
    2. Nathan Charles
    3. Tetera Faulkner
    4. Steve Mafi
    5. Adam Coleman
    6. Angus Cottrell
    7. Matt Hodgson (c)
    8. Ben McCalman
    9. Ryan Louwrens
    10. Sias Ebersohn
    11. Nick Cummins
    12. Kyle Godwin
    13. Marcel Brache
    14. Luke Morahan
    15. Dane Haylett-Petty

Reserves
    16. Heath Tessmann
    17. Chris Heiberg
    18. Guy Millar
    19. Sam Wykes
    20. Kane Koteka
    21. Alby Mathewson
    22. Luke Burton
    23. Patrick Dellit

St.George Queensland Reds side to play Western Force in Perth

St.George Queensland Reds flyhalf Quade Cooper will make his return from a two-month injury layoff this Saturday after being named in the starting side to take on the Western Force in Perth this Saturday.

Cooper’s inclusion is one of two changes to the starting side for this week’s match. Lachie Turner also returns from injury to take his place on the wing, with Chris Kuridrani ruled out with a calf strain.

Flanker Beau Robinson will feature in his first match-day squad of the 2015 season, after tearing his calf in the pre-season.

Graham has named an extended nine-man bench for the trip to Perth, with one player to be omitted prior to the match.

Reds head coach Richard Graham said: “Quade (Cooper) was given the all clear 10 days ago but we wanted to keep working on his strength and bulk just to ensure we didn’t compromise his return. He has been training with the squad now for about three weeks and will have no problems returning to play at this level.

“Jake (McIntyre) will drop to the bench. He has done a good job over the past two weeks. He will take a lot of learnings from two very different games and he should take some confidence from how he has managed the team around the field.

“It has been an extremely challenging year with injuries and Beau (Robinson) knows that better than most. After an excellent pre-season he suffered a calf strain in our final trial against the Crusaders and since has endured a number of foot injuries. He has now played a few Premier Rugby games for Souths and is full of enthusiasm to be back in a Reds jersey. He is a fantastic communicator and will provide a lot of energy around the group.

“It is unfortunate to lose Chris (Kuridrani) as he made some strong runs last weekend, however we are fortunate to bring Lachie (Turner) back into the team.”

The Reds and Force have met 13 times in the history of Super Rugby, with six wins each and one draw.

The Reds play the Force in Perth this Saturday at 5:40pm (local). The match will be broadcast live on Fox Sports.

While Reds prop Ben Daley will miss the remainder of the season due to a shoulder injury, he continues to support various charities through his ‘Be Great, Do Good’ campaign. This week he is supporting the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital Foundation. ‘Be Great, Do Good’ is an initiative by Daley, in which he will support a different charity every week through a unique headgear to raise awareness and funds for their cause. Click here for more information: http://bit.ly/1Enz3Ja.

St.George Queensland Reds side to play Western Force in Perth
    1. James Slipper (C)
    2. James Hanson
    3. Greg Holmes
    4. Rob Simmons (VC)
    5. James Horwill
    6. Adam Thomson
    7. Liam Gill
    8. Jake Schatz
    9. Will Genia
    10. Quade Cooper
    11. Lachie Turner
    12. Samu Kerevi
    13. Karmichael Hunt
    14. Chris Feauai-Sautia
    15. James O’Connor

Extended bench (one to be omitted)
    Andrew Ready
    Pettowa Paraka
    Sam Talakai
    Ed O’Donoghue
    Beau Robinson
    Nick Frisby
    Jake McIntyre
    Ben Tapuai
    Jamie-Jerry Taulagi

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/New...-in-Perth.aspx

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Darren; 28-05-15 at 14:25. Reason: added Force squad
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    That looks like quite a strong team on paper. Even with RG they should have done better this season. Tapaui is named in he squad, will be good to have a close look at him if he gets on the field to see if he still has the goods, considering the talk of us signing him.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    I'm probably not going to get much support writing this, but....as much as I dislike the public personnas of Cooper, O'Connor and Hunt, I'm excited to see what they can do together on the field.

I would love to see them score 4 tries.
    With the force scoring 5 of course

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That is a cunning plan. As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    There's a mole in our team, giving away our secret gameplans!

Although, actually even having an Option B of: "see Option A" is a bit of a reach for us

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Veteran
    vCash
    is this the first time we have actually had a chance to play against O'Conner? Odd on him pulling out last minute?

vCash
    On paper the Reds look very strong hopefully the RG effect on them is still working strong otherwise we will end up with the Wooden Spoon for 2015 after such a promising 2014 season.....

vCash
    First post updated with Force squad

Last edited by Darren; 28-05-15 at 14:25. Reason: Updated

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Should ask the vBookie the chance of JOC playing against us. Has he actually played a game at home against Force?

vCash
    Am praying for a miracle of insight that it's finally dawned on Foley that kicking the entire game just ain't gonna work, but I guess that's just a wishful dream - sigh......

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Should ask the vBookie the chance of JOC playing against us. Has he actually played a game at home against Force?
    I thought I read somewhere that he, Quade and the dr...Hunt are playing.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Foley sticks to his guns

Nick Taylor
    May 29, 2015, 7:44 am

Western Force coach Michael Foley has named an unchanged line-up for tomorrow night’s bottom-of-the-table Super Rugby clash with Queensland - the first time he has been able to name the same squad for consecutive matches this season.

The Force have lost 11 of their 13 games, including last weekend’s 23-3 defeat by the Highlanders, but have three Australian derbies to play and second-rower Adam Coleman said they were determined to finish the season well.

“There’s still motivation, we want to finish on a good note,” Coleman said.

“We’ve been challenging each other physically and mentally during our prep. There’s definitely a bit of feeling in the game.

“Something we’ve talked a lot about this week is finishing opportunities and capitalising on that. We want to convert in our gold zone.”

Coleman has been tipped as possible left-field selection for the World Cup.

“I don’t even think about that to be honest. My main goal is to play well for my team and my mates but ever since I’ve been growing up I’ve always wanted to play for the Wallabies,” he said.

“That’s been my life goal and being able to play Super Rugby is the next step. It’s an unreal feeling knowing you possibly could achieve your lifetime goal.”

Meanwhile fly-half Quade Cooper returns from a shoulder fracture and is one of 15 internationals in the Reds squad.

Coach Richard Graham said Cooper was cleared to play 10 days ago but he did not want to rush him back.

“We wanted to keep working on his strength and bulk just to ensure we didn’t compromise his return,” Graham said.

“He has been training with the squad now for about three weeks and will have no problems returning to play at this level.”

Winger Lachie Turner also returns from injury with Chris Kuridrani out with a calf strain. Jake McIntyre makes way for Cooper.

Flanker Beau Robinson has been named in an extended reserves bench for the first time this year after tearing his calf in the pre-season.

Western Force: Pekahou Cowan, Nathan Charles, Tetera Faulkner, Steve Mafi, Adam Coleman, Angus Cottrell, Matt Hodgson (capt), Ben McCalman, Ryan Louwrens, Sias Ebersohn, Nick Cummins, Kyle Godwin, Marcel Brache, Luke Morahan, Dane Haylett-Petty. Reserves: Heath Tessmann, Chris Heiberg, Guy Millar, Sam Wykes, Kane Koteka, Alby Mathewson, Luke Burton, Patrick Dellit.

Reds: James Slipper (capt), James Hanson, Greg Holmes, Rob Simmons, James Horwill, Adam Thomson, Liam Gill, Jake Schatz, Will Genia, Quade Cooper, Lachie Turner, Samu Kerevi, Karmichael Hunt, Chris Feauai-Sautia, James O’Connor. Extended reserves bench, one to be omitted: Andrew Ready, Pettowa Paraka, Sam Talakai, Ed O’Donoghue, Beau Robinson, Nick Frisby Jake McIntyre, Ben Tapuai, Jamie-Jerry Taulagi.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...s-to-his-guns/

vCash
    “We’ve been challenging each other physically and mentally during our prep. There’s definitely a bit of feeling in the game.
    I'm just hoping the Force don't decide to roll over belly up halfway through and let the Reds run over them. They really need to get back their mongrel this game!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    That is a cunning plan. As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.
    But is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on, and is now working for the UN at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast