Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with me?

vCash
    Exile thank you for starting this thread.

I have been a Force member since day one and remember the days when we had no super rugby or even test matches in Perth.

I was at the training session today, to show the boys that we are still behind them and back them no matter what.

It is easy to throw out negative comments after the match in a completion where the opposition are usual physically, stronger, faster and more skilled than us.

All those posting negative comments you are certainly entitled to but just think how you would feel if all your customers at work had to post negative comments about how you applied your trade when you may be competing against stronger and tougher competitors but you tried as hard as you could. Our boys do not take the field to lose they are trying their outmost in difficult situations.

I will be their again on Friday and next year and the year after, I love the Force and love the fact that we have a team in Perth.

My blood is blue and I am a Western Force supporter

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    #inFoleyiTrust.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    X2

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    You'll want to keep your memberships for next year and the following if you want priority access to tickets for the Wallabies games at nib.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF1964 View Post
    You'll want to keep your memberships for next year and the following if you want priority access to tickets for the Wallabies games at nib.
    I get that through my association with grass roots Rugby.

vCash
    Me too Jargs but not everyone is with club rugby.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF1964 View Post
    What Wallabies games in Perth after 2015?
    Oh sorry, I forgot - Wallabies vs Georgia, Wallabies vs Singapore, Wallabies vs Fiji "A", ...

vCash
    SA in 2017 apparently.

Last edited by WF1964; 27-07-15 at 12:58.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    #inFoleyiTrust.
    x3

After speaking to him today he knows where the issues lie.
    Why the change in form from last year? Team isn't playing as a team as much as they did last year and hence punched above their weight. Why? Attitude isn't right. Whose fault? The players but the buck stops with him for not preparing them properly and getting the right attitude out of them.

I asked afterwards what he would do differently if he had this year again and was surprised by the honestly of the answer. Basically said that with the number of short turnarounds this year they focused on match day prep instead of development of players. He would swap that and focus on developing the skills of the players.

In my mind that would have probably resulted in the same number of wins and losses this year but game to game we would see improvement in skills and tactics. For me losing isn't the frustration it's not seeing improvement.

I'm sure everyone will read something different into the above. While I have never considered hanging up the lanyard it's days like today with players and staff being approachable, engaging, honest and human that show its worthwhile to support and use this team as role models for the kids.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    x3

I asked afterwards what he would do differently if he had this year again and was surprised by the honestly of the answer. Basically said that with the number of short turnarounds this year they focused on match day prep instead of development of players. He would swap that and focus on developing the skills of the players.
    I find this comment really frustrating if it has been relayed accurately. I would hope coaches are there to develop and improve player skills?

vCash
    sure everyone will read something different into the above. While I have never considered hanging up the lanyard it's days like today with players and staff being approachable, engaging, honest and human that show its worthwhile to support and use this team as role models for the kids.
    I could not agree more with your sentiments.

Whether it has been a family day, open training session or chat after the match, they have always taken the time to chat get a photo or two, role models we want and need.

vCash
    Kudos to Foles for having the balls to face everyone today - and the boys who looked like they were terrified of copping a load from people. Gotta admit Foles is a smooth talker and can say the right things, but at least there is finally some explanation on the probs. however why didn't this get picked up way earlier? Could not meet a nicer bunch of guys - can't stay mad at these young blokes when they are so forthcoming. They looked pretty dejected but I think meeting some friendly faces lifted them up a bit today, and it helped calm everyone down. In fact I don't care if they never win anything again-at least we've got a rugby team to watch! Just need to stop the refs taking over games and ruining it on everyone.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Attitude isn't right. Whose fault? The players but the buck stops with him for not preparing them properly and getting the right attitude out of them.
    Daz, you appear to be contradicting yourself mate. It can't be the players fault in the first instance if it's the coaches job to be "getting the right attitude out of them". Buck stops with the boss, period.

If he can't get the right attitude out of them then maybe it points to something deep seated? Maybe backroom discontent about the shithouse game plan they've been asked to execute week in week out? Maybe the players are sick of it?

Did anyone ask him straight out about the kicking bullshiz?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    In fact I don't care if they never win anything again-at least we've got a rugby team to watch!
    I would suggest that one would severely threaten the other.

Hypothetically.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Daz, you appear to be contradicting yourself mate. It can't be the players fault in the first instance if it's the coaches job to be "getting the right attitude out of them". Buck stops with the boss, period.

If he can't get the right attitude out of them then maybe it points to something deep seated? Maybe backroom discontent about the shithouse game plan they've been asked to execute week in week out? Maybe the players are sick of it?

Did anyone ask him straight out about the kicking bullshiz?
    Yes he did explain the use of kicking, and was forthright in not blaming the players but rather himself as it is the coaches job to make sure the players were correctly prepared for each match.

He knows what needs to be done and is the right coach for our team.

In reality we are not the the most physical, strongest or most skilled team and need to firing on all cylinders to match the opposition in this comp on the days we drop just a bit we are in trouble.

Also of note was that with the tight travel schedule this year they had a lot less preparation time between games to do as much skills and match man tactics as last year

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast