Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NSW duo to serve Super Rugby bans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    No, it seems that he as made a "commitment" to Toulon which has "get out clause" if the ARU front $200,000 for him to exercise it. Kind of like blackmail really.
    the whole thing stinks to high hell. having said all that I will be looking forward to Quade running around in Toulon colours next season.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    While they're sorting out the FIFA corruption farce maybe they could have a good look at the ARU, doesn't seem to be a lot of difference between the 2!
    Oh yes there is; FIFA are a money-making machine, the ARU loses money hand-over-fist!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Oh yes there is; FIFA are a money-making machine, the ARU loses money hand-over-fist!
    And now we see exactly how and why it loses money hand-over-fist! FFS!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    It's a sneaky clause no doubt but it's not uncommon in sports for a transfer/release fee to be in contracts, especially in Soccer. The NRL also lets clubs buy out the remainder of a contract in some circumstances.

Just another reason why the ARU shouldn't be involved with the contract process other than to rubber stamp the contract.

But hey the ARU will put another levy on grass roots Rugby that no one will care about unless they're involved with club Rugby.

vCash
    I'm with Fitzy on this one. He was sublime last night calling Tim Horan on his bullshit call that the ARU needs to front up the cash to cover Quade Cooper's mistake. I saw the piece and was delighted to watch Horan squirm about his initial suggestion that the ARU needs to front up the cash because Queensland rugby can't afford it and "Quade Cooper needs to stay in Australia for the good of community rugby" A point which Tim didn't even consider until Peter Fitsimmons pointed out that 200K sent overseas to buy THE RIGHT TO NEGOTIATE WITH QUADE was excessive and not what ARU funds are for.

I like Fitzy even more now, but I fear we'll never see him on that show again because he called them on their bullshit and spoke sense. Mark my words, the death of Aussie rugby won't be because the ARU is full of jingoistic self promoters (even though it is) but it will be because of the way they run around with their noses up the collective arse of foxtel and the "celebrities" who drive the media agenda simply to secure ratings in only two markets of the country.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I got the impression Horan was floating the idea on behalf of Cooper and was a little disconcerted by the resistance he got. I don't see the problem, so long as the ARU takes the sensible approach of "You signed the contract, you pay the penalty fees to get out of it if that is what you want". They wouldn't be getting involved if he had done the same thing with a phone, car or house...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    so, has this happened? or are we getting all up in arms because there is something written into his contract.

My stance is: Never pay it.

vCash
    It's a storm in a teacup, generated by the fact that Tim Horan seems to think that the ARU should be paying the get out clause for Quade.

If I was the ARU contracting officer I'd certainly offer to pay the money for Quade, I would then proceed to remove EVERY CENT of that money from his contracted figure. I have no issue with the ARU offering Quade a loan to keep him in Australia, but I'm not interested in the ARU essentially GIVING Quade an undocumented couple of hundred K, especially considering he's not clearly on the list for being the Wallabies Number 10.

Force Cheika to run him for a couple of minutes each test to rack up his numbers and use the overseas player policy to get him in (if indeed he's needed)

Tim Horan can go get a big black dog up him!

C'mon the

vCash
    Just think back 12 months we were farewelling the HB to Japan and it took some really kind hearted Force fans to get him back... The Arsewipe Rugby top guns at the ARU said its our problems so deal with it...Rugby WA did the job ...So why can they change their tune now....
    HB has a bigger following than Cooper so he would have been a better investment the QC

vCash
    RugbyHQ has been rubbish this season, don't know why I bother to watch it. And it should be renamed The Waratahds Hour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    the Reds Club Song'
    A timely warning to anyone contemplating turning up at the match - earplugs - as soon as you hear that foul cacophony, or you'll find yourself wondering why you've got the wrong kit on, and screaming "why the hell isn't Genia and Cooper the Australian halves, and why the F@#$% isn't Horwill the Wallaby skipper?" - have a practice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmA8C1yIOQg

Player
    vCash
    Fitzsimmons should be the host every week, that was the most entertaining rugby show I've seen, it actually had opinions. I don't often agree with fitzi but at least he doesn't just conform to the ARU policy. Watch how Mcardle constantly tries to make out the ARU as the saviour of players from concussion. If rugby HQ isn't sponsored by the aru then...

For those that missed the cooper bit I can sum it up...
    Horan: Cooper has heard the song and wants to stay but greedy Toulon want a couple hungy thousand euros to break the agreement which the Aru/QRU should pay because he is the saviour.
    Fitzi: Blow it out your arse that is not what ARU money is for. It doesn't have the money in the first place and it would be taken from grassroots when they are on the bones of their arse already.
    Mcardle: Its time for a break and Landrover blah blah.
    Mcardle: Welcome back, cooper may be going to Toulon...
    Horan: "Looking like he just been given a fitzi special", well it was only rumour and the ARU shouldn't pay..."said as he slides onto his knees and begs forgiveness"

Player
    vCash
    And for arguments sake...if the aru did pay him out..he should be available on a discount rate...and the Force should pick him up, he obviously wants out of the Reds and is less of a douche bag then he was and JOC still is. Although only hanging around to get 60 caps up for the wallabies it could be great for the younger guys.

vCash
    Can we pay Toulon $200,000 so they can take him off our hands before the Rugby Championship?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2