Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Force v Reds Round 16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Interesting comment by Hodgo "when we started playing our own style is when we scored......." seems to be a disparity in what they're being told to play and what the players want to do. Does that mean there is conflict going on behind the scenes re game plan?!
    I think you are reading way too much into it. That is a common throw away line used in post match speeches: "they stifled our game, so we needed to focus on ourselves and play our own style. " etc.

No conspiracy here.

As for the game... ineffective in attack (again), some very poor misreads in defence (again), set piece was generally poor and on field decision making was lacking. Zero progress this year.

I am extremely disappointed in the team.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    There is one position at this stage that I'd be changing before Speight and Tomane arrive. I was always taught that in defense it is a cardinal sin to let players score around you. Correct me if I'm wrong but a certain winger was caught out of position several times last night and previous weeks costing us plenty. Our team woes are not solely his fault but it sure doesn't help especially when there are other recruits not getting a dash. I think 3 of the 4 tries scored on his channel.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Morahan Boof? I have not been impressed with him at all this season. Far too many missed tackles and poor defence. Would have liked to have seen more of Mitch Scott.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Apprentice
    vCash
    Honestly if the Brumbies don't put 30 odd on the Force on Friday I'll be surprised

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Are you telling us that you are honestly satisfied with our performance this season and believe that what we saw last night is the best we can expect from our current group of players?
    That's not what I was saying at all.
    I too expect more consistency.
    But it isn't an even playing field and so often we punch way above our weight.
    But on the other hand so often the effort seems disappointing.

Unfortunately we're back to the "L Plate" refs again because of our low place on the table.
    The Ref last night was a shocker.
    At 25 minutes we were right in the game at F3:7R.
    8 Minutes later there's a total momentum shift with 9 of 11 Penalties going against the Force.
    Why? Inconsistency - Pek gets pinged for grabbing a player high yet JOC can wrench Hodgo around by the neck in a pathetic cleanout attempt. And Marcel gets pinged for not rolling away after a Maul had been called. Just examples of absolute rubbish.
    The pay-back was obviously DHP's try as most people at the ground saw it as being held up.
    It takes a very good team to come back from the type of reffing rubbish that we saw last night.
    Unfortunately it appears that we don't have that team at this stage.
    The Reds had enough fire power to play the ref out of the equation - the Force hasn't.

I reckon Hodgo's comment about "playing their own game" was more aimed at the Ref than anybody else as he was clearly frustrated.
    He showed more body language than usual and his early efforts re discussion were just ignored.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    He showed more body language than usual and his early efforts re discussion were just ignored.
    I agree with that, the smartest thing I saw from any force player last night was Hogo not getting sent off for punching the ref.

Most of the crowd around me were yelling at him to ask the question of the ref, but I think he realized it would be pointless and only give the ref an excuse to be more biased.

One more point about Genia thanking the ref for protecting him from our forwards...isn't it HIS forwards' job to do that, not the ref?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    One more point about Genia thanking the ref for protecting him from our forwards...isn't it HIS forwards' job to do that, not the ref?
    Genia is an absolute weasel, typified by the way he plays and whinges to refs. I still think back to the way he handled himself in the contract saga between him and the Reds v Force a couple of years back.

Glad he stayed with the Reds, but hate the way he plays the game...!!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Wasn't there a comment from one of the ARs at one point warning the ref about coaching the Reds' front row?

vCash
    Genia the weasel-snake and the cheating ref from last night are why I have decided I absolutely REFUSE to let the east coast shysters beat us into submission! I will be first in the queue to renew my membership just to show them that the West will NEVER lie down and let those f*ckwits win the war!!!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 31-05-15 at 20:07.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Wasn't there a comment from one of the ARs at one point warning the ref about coaching the Reds' front row?
    I remember ones of the ARs telling the main ref to STFU at scrum time and get on with it.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I remember ones of the ARs telling the main ref to STFU at scrum time and get on with it.
    I thought it was the TMO who chatted the ref

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    I thought it was the TMO who chatted the ref
    Yep. When they were checking for foul play after the reds non try. After reviewing the footage and determining that there was foul play the main ref said something like "ok, so I will disallow the try and award a penalty to red because I was already playing an advantage."

The tmo corrected him and reminded him that the foul play disallows the try and reverses the penalty. Small mercy I suppose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
    Yep. When they were checking for foul play after the reds non try. After reviewing the footage and determining that there was foul play the main ref said something like "ok, so I will disallow the try and award a penalty to red because I was already playing an advantage."

The tmo corrected him and reminded him that the foul play disallows the try and reverses the penalty. Small mercy I suppose.
    ExactlyMarty - can a ref actually be THAT FN STUPID? call me cynical but there was a whole other agenda going on at that field last night.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast