Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Force v Reds Round 16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    "before he moved to the Gold Coast in Australia and established a pharmacy business"

"After retiring from playing in the Queensland Premier Rugby competition for the Gold Coast Breakers,"

You can't get much closer!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    The saddest part of last night......... 2006 wooden spoon, 10 years later, wooden spoon - we really have achieved bugger all in 10 years! what a wasted opportunity.
    Properly analyse what the Dockers did to get out of their rut (and perhaps West Coast Fever) and then implement major change.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    The saddest part of last night......... 2006 wooden spoon, 10 years later, wooden spoon - we really have achieved bugger all in 10 years! what a wasted opportunity.
    Properly analyse what the Dockers did to get out of their rut (and perhaps West Coast Fever) and then implement major change.
    Wow..the mantra of our time: "I want it...and I want it now!!!"

West Australians talk about the Dockers as if they are long sufferers.
    It took St Kilda 95 years to win their first flag in 1966!

In reality the ARU has no interest in creating an "even playing field".
    The winning team had a XXIII with 15 Test-experienced players with a total of 419 caps.
    Our team had a XXIII with 9 Test-experienced players with a total of 95 caps.

BUT that didn't stop us totally OWNING the Reds last year. And similarly hasn't prevented us from OWNING last year's champs this year!

But it doesn't mean that we should harbour unrealistic expectations which stop us rejoicing in the great things that the Western Force has achieved.

In particular, I rejoice in the number of locally developed players in the squad, the values and standards set by Michael Foley and the total team (players and support staff) and the inspiration and loyalty of players such as Hodgson, Cowan, Wykes, McCalman and others, including the Sea of Blue, who contribute so much to my enjoyment of being able to regularly experience this great game at a higher level on my own turf.

Just remember we very nearly had Michael Cheika as Head Coach and from what I've seen that wouldn't have added anything to my enjoyment. Perhaps we over-achieved last year....and under-achieved this year.....but I know which Michael I'd like to be influencing and developing our young local talent!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 31-05-15 at 12:39.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Are you telling us that you are honestly satisfied with our performance this season and believe that what we saw last night is the best we can expect from our current group of players?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I agree cowboy. They are mediocre at best. Sias getting booed by the crowd for kicking away an overlap should've clicked with someone but nope no change in proceedings. There just seems to be no desperation at all in any of the side. Dhp at times is a momentum killer. The few times we did get things go our way dhp ambles his way to maybe kick the ball out. There certainly is no one on the field for the force besides hod go who can make decisions without checking if it's alright first. At full time everyone was having a group hug on the field Sindebury should've walked out there & kicked the lot of them up the arse. The best thing that happened at the dockers was when Rick was asked to go professionalism and mediocrity went out the window almost immediately. Our whole organisation needs a shake up.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I agree cowboy. They are mediocre at best. Sias getting booed by the crowd for kicking away an overlap should've clicked with someone but nope no change in proceedings. There just seems to be no desperation at all in any of the side. Dhp at times is a momentum killer. The few times we did get things go our way dhp ambles his way to maybe kick the ball out. There certainly is no one on the field for the force besides hod go who can make decisions without checking if it's alright first. At full time everyone was having a group hug on the field Sindebury should've walked out there & kicked the lot of them up the arse. The best thing that happened at the dockers was when Rick Hart was asked to go.Mediocrity went out the window almost immediately. Our whole organisation needs a shake up. Old board members need to start to enjoy the game from the sidelines and their retirement.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Don't you hate it when you send and then realised you needed to edit

vCash
    Accepting mediocrity breeds mediocrity!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I don't think the problem is Foley or the players. I think there is something else within the organisation that is very seriously wrong. Don't know what but it seems cultural. What role does the board play in the day-to-day running of the club? Is there any backroom puppetry going on like at the NSWRU? How much free rein does Foley have? How much rein does he let the other coaches have? There needs to be a root and branch review of everything from the water boys to the Chairman.

In other news, am just watching the Aviva Prem final at Twickenham yesterday. Although my team lost badly, it's a bloody sight better watching this game than it was the Force game last night! Commentary is much better than the Fox drivel we have to put up with here too!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Interesting comment by Hodgo "when we started playing our own style is when we scored......." seems to be a disparity in what they're being told to play and what the players want to do. Does that mean there is conflict going on behind the scenes re game plan? When Sias went off the degree of kicking the ball away certainly dropped, and I thought they looked pretty good myself. I truly smell a rat with that disgraceful reffing - it was so blatant it was laughable (yeah so accuse me of a tinfoil hat or whatever the f it is!) but that ref was either completely clueless or under instructions from somewhere. Funny how the Reds suddenly come good when word is about that Quade needs $200G to get out of contract and he's the only guy saving the Reds last night? There's big money in these QRU provincial boys at Ballymore at stake and they're not about to lose their last hope at financial bottom line. As I said before, FIFA ain't the only culprits in sports, and I'm sick of the lot of them pissing in each other's pockets over east! Proud that the Force are maintaining integrity and Foley has done a lot for the club regardless of this shit season whatever the reason may be. It's now coming down to wanting results which ain't happening and coaches or players or board need to come clean about what the problem really is for long suffering (and loyal) fans who can't keep digging deeper into pockets.
    As for that ref-FFS! Hodgo should have gathered the team and walked off the field in protest, I would've cheered if they had it was insulting to have to put up with that reffing. And that's MY rant!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Wow..the mantra of our time: "I want it...and I want it now!!!"
    What a load of wank.

I'd be happy if there were some signs of improvement in a Professional team where there has been none.

BUT that didn't stop us totally OWNING the Reds last year. And similarly hasn't prevented us from OWNING last year's champs this year!
    This year Michael Foley has been owned twice by a bloke who has the coaching nous of a bag of sawdust.

but I know which Michael I'd like to be influencing and developing our young local talent!
    The one with a winning percentage nudging a massive 25% or the one who has won championships in Europe and down here in Super Rugby?

vCash
    Crowd was only 9956 odd as well.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    ...This year Michael Foley has been owned twice by a bloke who has the coaching nous of a bag of sawdust.
    and who Fox Sports commentators said might be replaced by someone O'Connor as of next year.

Annoyed that my new Sports Ears still has Fox on the Refs Only channel.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post

Annoyed that my new Sports Ears still has Fox on the Refs Only channel.
    Totally agree - don't want to listen the the Fox rubbish. So much better when it was JUST the Refs.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    That was happening to mine last night too. Comms problem.

Did you hear Genia sucking up to the ref thanking him for protecting him from the Force forwards as in the past he wasn't?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast