Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rugby 7s go to Adelaide

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I agree Burgs, they love their sport as long as they are winning...and as soon as they dont they drop them like a school bag....

Good on Adelaide for getting it...Adelaide Oval is a wonderful venue and will give a real carnival atmosphere

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I love Adelaide Oval, always looks great for cricket, and hopefully these upgrades don`t detract from it`s appeal. And good on them for getting it, as melbourne stole the Grand prix from them if i remember correctly, so if they get anything over Vics then i`m happy

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catey
    yeh i live in sa so it's a pretty hot topic here. from what i have heard in response to a recent post it'll probably be held over easter and it will be at adelaide oval, which is getting a 16million dollar face lift for the event
    Welcome Catey. I'm glad we have a contact in SA. If you see or hear of anything locally about this, please put in a post for us. The trip is gaining momentum very quickly.

Do you have any contacts in the accomodation business?? A nice old pub near the ground with upstairs accomodation and something other than West End on tap??

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    then i`m happy
    no you're Frontrow

I reckon it is great for Adelaide to get it - spread the rugby love. Melbourne gets too much sporting events and too little people go to them when other cities sell-out.

Thanks to the people of WA for keeping the International Rules here at subi - as long as that keeps filling up we will continue to hold it.

And I've never forgiven Melbourne for taking the Adelaide F1 away

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Had a look at some basic cost and made a few assumptions to get some rough figures.

Train Red Kangaroo Class twin cabin $2000 each return or recliner seat in group of 4 $800 each return.

Accomodation 3 nights @ $150 = $450

Game Tickets $200?

Beer/food/etc money $1000

I would say roughly anywhere from $2500 - $3500 all inclusive for 7 day return trip.

Who is still interetsed???

vCash
    yeh sure thing. just reading the good old advertiser now and it says "the tournament has been programmed for April 7-8 2007" which I think is easter time. But so much stuff happens in SA during April and being Easter stuff will book out soon. But yeh as for accomodation near the ground, you should look for anything in the adelaide city centre as it will probably be less than 2km from the ground. As for the accomodation, I don't think that there is much accomodation in pubs however my friend just mentioned an irish pub on king william street called "moore's brecknock hotel" (www.brecknockhotel.com.au) but I dunno if that is what you're after.

Okay well if anymore info comes up I'll let you all know or if there are any more questions just drop them to me through this.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    "As Melbournians love their sport"( just for Burgs ) they might travel to Adelaide, make a lot of noise and prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    Had a look at some basic cost and made a few assumptions to get some rough figures.

Train Red Kangaroo Class twin cabin $2000 each return or recliner seat in group of 4 $800 each return.

Accomodation 3 nights @ $150 = $450

Game Tickets $200?

Beer/food/etc money $1000

I would say roughly anywhere from $2500 - $3500 all inclusive for 7 day return trip.

Who is still interetsed???
    no - that will keep me fed and drunk in france for a month!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Very much a hypothetical for me for a few more months unfortunately however, IF I am able to go (and therefore qualify for input!) I would say that catey (welcome by the way catey ) has nailed it with suggesting the Brecknock? With an early enough approach and numbers, we may well get a deal for the whole accom available as I can't imagine them having huge amounts of accom? They state seven varitaions, so possibly only have ten rooms all up?
    It looks like a place that you types could get into all sorts of mischief!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Well I mentioned the trip to Mrs Exile - its not looking good

she is talking about not only letting me go, she wants to come, as well as bring my daughter AND invite my mother to come from Geraldton for the event too.

Someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    Well I mentioned the trip to Mrs Exile - its not looking good

she is talking about not only letting me go, she wants to come, as well as bring my daughter AND invite my mother to come from Geraldton for the event too.

Someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can feel some uninvited marital advice coming from single smartarse members Exile. Personally im horrified if Mrs Hydrangea finds this post.Im still getting over the innFORCErs tour in April.

vCash
    I suppose all this is just to make me jealous and get back for the fact I'm going to the RWC

Sure I don't need to give any of you well travelled guys advice in your own country but when I was last over I found that travelling with VirginBlue was so much cheaper than any bus/train route, I'm sure there are other low-cost airlines also available. Think only advice is to book flights asap before the airline catch on that there is a demand and raise the fares. Just a quick look on their site shows that for the days catey mentions (welcome) the fare from perth is about $650 return (more left for beer)...get on with it, you know it makes sense

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat-top
    I suppose all this is just to make me jealous and get back for the fact I'm going to the RWC

Sure I don't need to give any of you well travelled guys advice in your own country but when I was last over I found that travelling with VirginBlue was so much cheaper than any bus/train route, I'm sure there are other low-cost airlines also available. Think only advice is to book flights asap before the airline catch on that there is a demand and raise the fares. Just a quick look on their site shows that for the days catey mentions (welcome) the fare from perth is about $650 return (more left for beer)...get on with it, you know it makes sense
    Flat-top we cant fly to Barbados for 50 quid like you can. We have Qantas and Virgin.You can just about fly return to NZ from Perth for the same price as to fly to Adelaide,but point taken about extracting the digit.
    Enjoy RWC you lucky bugger.See also, no mention of 2nd tier rugby in this post.

vCash
    Exile... You're screwed.

Honestly I say bring them along. If it's anything like 7's tournaments I've heard about (loads of people dressing up, carrying on and being stupid), well that's fun for the whole family!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Exile... You're screwed.

Honestly I say bring them along. If it's anything like 7's tournaments I've heard about (loads of people dressing up, carrying on and being stupid), well that's fun for the whole family!
    Aye it is that.

Checks brownie points, yeap think after Mrs Jethros week in Melbourne getting pissed l can score a few days down south. Which pub are we turning into the TWF bunker for the duration?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3