Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Under-siege Queensland coach, Richard Graham, could take diluted role to save job

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I don't think your theory holds any water. Sure, Reds supporters are ropable at the dismal job RG is doing as HC but the fact remains that the Reds are not doing as bad as the Force. If the Reds were to replace Graham with Foley Qld rugby supporters would be rioting in the streets.
    It's only because everyone in Aust rugby is pre-occuppied with criticizing Graham that the ineffective coaching at the Force is flying under the radar.
    True and fair call about coaching flying under radar.
    The theory is based on mates looking after each other in the coaching ranks of australian rugby. Cheika for one has tried to change this within his coaching groups.
    Foley nicked out of waratahs and came to force only on a senior players word as he knew he was going to get the boot from the 'tahs'.
    There is a good chance that he will take another opportunity if it present, to keep continuity of employment. He is good mates with Connolly.
    Reds will make change, and true again if I was a reds supporter I would be looking sideways!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll bet the Reds don't re-sign any more players until RG is gone for good, the only Reds that will re-sign will be the one's headed elsewhere like Hanson. They must act now.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    A new Queensland Rugby Union committee, headed by former Wallaby Damien Frawley, is to decide whether besieged Reds coach Richard Graham should have a job beyond next month.

The QRU today announced the new committee had been formed as part of the ongoing review of the Reds failed season and the high-performance structure around the team.

The expertise of former Wallaby Brett Robinson, a former chief of the Australian Rugby Union’s high-performance unit, will be used beside Frawley.

Robinson, now an ARU board member, has been drafted to provide an independent view divorced from any role on the QRU board.

An external consultant will assist the QRU with the terms of reference, framework and process because the governing body has indicated “this is a far-reaching review which includes long-term planning.”

Frawley, the former Queensland and Wallabies lock, will chair the committee and use both his rugby nous and management savvy as the chief executive of the Queensland Investment Corporation.

The QRU can wrap all the fancy titles and aims around the process they like but finding out whether Graham is in charge or to be sacked is the big ticket item for disgruntled fans.

In a statement released today, the QRU said the new committee will “provide recommendations to the QRU Board at the conclusion of the Super Rugby season” relevant to the performance of the Reds.

The Reds, with just three wins from 13 starts, will meet the last-placed Western Force in Perth on Saturday night with the losing side most likely to take Super Rugby’s dreaded wooden spoon.

How the Reds have found themselves in such a situation just four years after winning the shiny silverware as Super Rugby champions makes the committee’s recommendations of huge importance to the future health of Queensland rugby.

In the review, the QRU said it will be drawing on a wide-range of information from various sports worldwide and including, if required, analytical data from the ARU’s technical high-performance resources.

As part of the review of high-performance structures, appointments have already been made with former All Black Brad Thorn coming on board as Reds Elite Development Squad Forwards coach.

Damian Marsh will return as Head of Athletic Performance, the role he filled for the 2011 title run.

Nick Stiles has been re-signed for three years in an upgraded Senior Assistant Coach role.

Former Reds and Wallabies coach John Connolly is on deck as Reds Coaching Consultant. His specific role is to assist coaching staff and game-day strategy, to work one-on-one with players and to support QRU General Manager of High Performance Sam Cordingley with talent identification and ongoing list management.

The committee’s recommendations are due late next month after the Reds finish their season on June 13.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/s...-1227372756973

vCash
    The QRU seem sh@tscared of sacking Graham. Just tell him to get on his bike and get on with planning for 2016. It's the only logical solution. Players, management and the board all seem to be stuck in limbo whilst Graham sits on the reds throne.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Graham must have skin thicker than an elephant's ass or he would have resigned in humiliation by now!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Wonder if graham has the Stones to call them out the way that malthouse did earlier this week.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Employment Lesson 101 - never threaten to resign to a boss...He WILL take you up on it!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    well,there will be a few jobs coming up in FIFA

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Swiss police have confirmed that when attempting to arrest the FIFA Executives they fell to the ground rolling in pain.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    They certainly don't seem to be short of $ to bring in consultants and new blood to advise them on what to do!
    Frawley and Robinson as consultants, Thorn, Marsh and Stiles as new appointments or promotions
    Shit I wish we had their funding (however, I'd spend most of it on a new fly half)

Last edited by Macattack; 28-05-15 at 18:06.

vCash
    Hahahahaha! Ya gotta laugh-there must be 16 guys going to be in the coaches box the way it's going - hilarious! All these "advisors" coming in and still no one's got any cohonas to piss Graham off. He must have stitched them up in some really you beaut contract to drag this one out. Maybe they should employ Gina Rinehart's solicitors!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Hahahahaha! Ya gotta laugh-there must be 16 guys going to be in the coaches box the way it's going - hilarious! All these "advisors" coming in and still no one's got any cohonas to piss Graham off. He must have stitched them up in some really you beaut contract to drag this one out. Maybe they should employ Gina Rinehart's solicitors!
    You mean Bianca's, Gina lost that round, but I'm sure the fight will go on!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Am hearing from my UK mates that Michael Foley is heading to Bristol to replace Borthwick who's gone to the England job!!

Anyone heard anything similar??!

vCash
    Sorry - totally wrong thread to post my last message on!

Champion
    vCash
    Did see some speculation but can't see him going back to being a forwards coach. There's also a certain Graham Rowntree who is looking for a gig.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast