Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Under-siege Queensland coach, Richard Graham, could take diluted role to save job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Jim Tucker
    Former Reds coach Phil Mooney, former Brumbies coach Andy Friend, Japan-based John Mulvihill and a trio of former Wallabies, Matt O’Connor, Brian Smith and Tim Lane, must all be evaluated if the QRU is conducting a serious process.
    Just been checking the BBC website and read that Matt O'Connor has (by mutual consent) left his coaching post at Leinster....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/32825204

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scozzie View Post
    Just been checking the BBC website and read that Matt O'Connor has (by mutual consent) left his coaching post at Leinster....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/32825204
    As I mentioned elsewhere, Reds supporters/members, to a man woman and child, are baying for blood.

That said, the coaching structure for next year (minus Dick) looks very good -

Knuckles - Director of Coaching
    ???? - Head Coach (Tim Lane, Matt O'Connor interested)
    Stiles - Set Piece (ironically, probably the strongest in Australia despite the general shit form of the team elsewhere)
    Thorn - Forwards ruck and maul, attack and defence and junior forward development
    Marsh (S&C) - a very good get
    ????? - Backs (Mooney, Michael O'Connor mooted)
    ????? - Backs defence ( plenty of options e.g. Mulvihill)

vCash
    You're assuming that knuckles wants to stay on?
    I read somewhere he said he's just there to help out. And haven't heard sauces say that they have offered him work next year.

Agree re the calls for blood though.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Nice to hear from you Tic!!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Rookie
    vCash
    Foley will be there as H/C on a three year gig. It allows him to go home and provides continuity of employment. Think about it, if he loses the games following do you think there would be pressure to keep him? He will recieve a payment on agreement and commence a new tenure.
    The force team that took the park v highlanders was a very good side but...... Nothing. Foley then proceeds to talk them up after the game to keep players on his side and to show the board that it is all ok within the four walls. Clearly the scraps at training are from discontent. Not for one minute is this about spirit and competitiveness. Tension and contracts more likely. Ably wants out , that I do know! Watch foley manoeuvre also. He will go before he is pushed.

vCash
    This so soon after signing on for another two years?

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    This so soon after signing on for another two years?
    Yep, sad for organisation, but results and continuity of employment will dictate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsdoin View Post
    Yep, sad for organisation, but results and continuity of employment will dictate.
    I don't think your theory holds any water. Sure, Reds supporters are ropable at the dismal job RG is doing as HC but the fact remains that the Reds are not doing as bad as the Force. If the Reds were to replace Graham with Foley Qld rugby supporters would be rioting in the streets.
    It's only because everyone in Aust rugby is pre-occuppied with criticizing Graham that the ineffective coaching at the Force is flying under the radar.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It'll certainly be interesting to see the Force coaching team for next year.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Damian Marsh leaving the Brumbies for the Reds is interesting to me

vCash
    We've been laid bare this year for all to see. We can't blame this years poor performances on injuries and refs. Hodgo's back now & things don't seem to have improved. Yeah, we're a better team with him there, but, we've still been found out on the tactical front. The game plan doesn't change just because he's in the XV. If I had a buck for every time the word "if" has been mentioned in post match comment, then et cetera et cetera...

It would appear we are a one trick pony with no plan B. I'm aching to know why we persist with a flawed game plan we cannot implement & execute. I think we deserve answers at the very least.

I remember Sharpie saying how much he rated Foley as a defence / forwards / set piece coach & whilst this is true, sadly maybe this is as far as his talents stretch. I wish it was different cos he's a champion bloke. But it seems his stubborness in not trying something different with tactics says to me that he's determined to prove himself right at all costs.

Last season was by far the most enjoyable of our existance. This year is up there with the worst. We deserve the wooden spoon. At least the Reds are willing to change things in an attempt to improve their predicament. Foley may just save his job if we win the remaining games. But, it won't change what has already happened....

I'm absolutely gutted. It's like I dreamt last year.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You're assuming that knuckles wants to stay on?
    I read somewhere he said he's just there to help out. And haven't heard sauces say that they have offered him work next year.

Agree re the calls for blood though.
    Knuckles has been signed through to the end of 2016

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Last season was by far the most enjoyable of our existance. This year is up there with the worst. We deserve the wooden spoon. At least the Reds are willing to change things in an attempt to improve their predicament. Foley may just save his job if we win the remaining games. But, it won't change what has already happened....

I'm absolutely gutted. It's like I dreamt last year.
    I think we are all gutted but I do not think the coaching staff are to blame.

At the end of the day they can only play with the players that they have.

After going home despondent again on Saturday night I re-watched our game and some of the others.

The glaring differences are there for all to see, we have a great bunch of hard workers but no X factor players to help open up those slight gaps other teams seemed to find.

Watching the Lions in particular the difference seems to be players with an out and out turn of speed.

Unfortunately based on this we have no where to get through except over the top with kicks.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Strange title....

I thought Graham diluted his role enough already. After all....its never HIS fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I think we are all gutted but I do not think the coaching staff are to blame.

At the end of the day they can only play with the players that they have.

This is where we will have to disagree.

While we don't have many Wallaby standard players at the moment they are all competent rugby players who seem to lack direction in attack and are a bit rusty in some basic skills.

This is all the domain of the coaching staff.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast