Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr Foley

Player
    vCash

Dear Mr Foley

For the good of Western Australian rugby please stand down.
    Everyone who would like the coaches step aside for a different coaching group please voice your say here.
    Mr Sindenbury get on the phone to Tai, Fearn and Dogger to take over and put some passion in the club and get Dwayne Grace to take over the development side of it .

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    For the good of Western Australian rugby please stand down.
    Everyone who would like the coaches step aside for a different coaching group please voice your say here.
    Mr Sindenbury get on the phone to Tai, Fearn and Dogger to take over and put some passion in the club and get Dwayne Grace to take over the development side of it .
    And the fitness guru!!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    And the fitness guru!!!!
    F45 combat teams Get Hodgos Gals and Guys in the mix

vCash
    Can we really lay it all at the coaching team's door? Surely it also comes down to the players, whether it be their skills, ability or application.

We simply do not have a winning combination and do not seem to have players with innate rugby flair of the type we saw today in the Chiefs and last week in the Canes. That's not a slight on any of our players; it's just cold hard fact. As in life, not everyone is able to be the best at what they do; most of us are simple journey(wo)men and we can't be any better than that no matter how hard we try.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I agree Alison, it is not entirely Foley's fault. However, when things get this bad major changes are required and the coach is usually one of those who gets changed out. Regardless of how the fault really lies between coach, players and administration, major change is required or we will wilt and die - given our financial state, on-field performance and the bad-mouthing coming our way from the east I think we may be at genuine risk of folding in the near future if this situation isn't dealt with.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    We've been under-achievers since 2006 through multiple coaching staffs and generations of players, the whole organisation needs a clean-out of it's franchise culture.

Last edited by chibi; 26-03-16 at 18:06.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    While I agree with some of the sentiments let's think about this.
    Sack a coach mid-season with no obvious replacement. Unrealistic.
    And who replaces him Fearnie and Dogger? Get off your Nedlands soapbox Mr Ball.
    Fearnie was OK as a assistant coach but is untried at the top level. Dogger, come on!
    So who else. John Mulvihill? Actually that might not be a bad idea we did score tries under him.
    Alison's point about talent is particularly salient They don't have it compared to NZ teams as we have witnessed
    Nor do they have themoney to pay out Foleys salary i they dump him anyway.
    I'm sure theres more but I'm still in a state of shock at the moment.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Ok do we sit here and cop it up the Keyber then? Alison i truly believe we have some great potential in the wings but when the players are unable to see the game slipping away then that is up to the coaching staff to either change up the game plan like the kings did last night or make changes to players and allow these others to have a dash neither of which has happened lately. Honestly way too late to change players with 14 mins to go in the game and getting flogged. Some of the old guard needs to be changed out. What the bejesus have we got to lose! I'm sick to death of this mediocrity.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Fearnie was OK as a assistant coach but is untried at the top level. Dogger, come on!
    So who else. John Mulvihill? Actually that might not be a bad idea we did score tries under him.
    Alison's point about talent is particularly salient They don't have it compared to NZ teams as we have witnessed
    Do you have any solutions or just wait and see how the season pans out?You said we dont have any money so a top tier coach isnt an option and well Australian rugby doesnt have the player pool to just pick up better players so the only option is to change the playing style to attract better players.It worked for the rebels

Last edited by Bally; 26-03-16 at 18:10.

Champion
    vCash
    As many solutions as you actually...and that's not many is it.

Player
    vCash
    The assistants were untried at this level and have failed. Fearn at least has runs on the board. Foley/graham both were supposedly top level coaches. At least Fearn Doherty mcissac as mentioned would have a passion for the local fraternity and the force. These ring ins have and will have no feeling for the local people.
    Sack them and let's see if they will hang around! I bet they fuck off to be never seen again just like many others before them. These three guys at least are putting something back locally. Apart from mcissac but he did try and was shafted!
    What else get more eastern state derelicts!

Player
    vCash
    As many solutions as you actually...and that's not many is it.
    Haha

Champion
    vCash
    The assistants were untried at this level and have failed.
    You could say the same about the assistants under Mitchell actually. Fearn, Mulvihill, Darwin All good blokes but they never actually won much

Senior Player
    vCash
    The assistants were untried at this level and have failed.
    You could say the same about the assistants under Mitchell actually. Fearn, Mulvihill, Darwin All good blokes but they never actually won much
    Mitchell is almost the same i'm as Foley i believe. His way or the highway. Besides was that about 7yrs ago? Why not give em a shot we can't go much lower than now beside getting beaten by the kings or sunwolves.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    If Michael Foley had the current playing Roster of the Waratahs or the Brumbies and were producing our current results then I agree lets sack the whole coaching staff, including Damo the video dude and the 19 year old intern who gets the lunches each day. Lets tar and feather 'em and chase them back across the Nullabor from whence they came! May they never darken our magnificent western shores again, miserable bastards.

Oh wait.

We dont have the current roster of the Waratahs with their 14 members of the Rugby World Cup Squad. And the Waratahs really aren't doing that well any way - with all of their talent. We don't have the current Brumbies Squad - with the 11 Rugby World Cup Squad players.

How many members of the current Wallabies team do we have? 1 -Ben McCalmain.

Sure Dane Haylet-Petty might get picked - if Israel Folau does a knee.

Adam Coleman might get picked. In the wider training squad.

Matt Hodgson is too old - and they already have 2 7's in the squad as it is.

If you were to pick the current Western Force playing squad as your fantasy football squad. First up - why would you, secondly you would have a huge amount of money left over. Our squad is made up of a few brilliant players and the rest are players that cant get a contract with anyone else.

Our Marquee players are not that flash - Peter Grant looks like he should have retired last year. Hell, we dragged him out of Japan - the retirement league.

IF we had to rate our players as to where they would rank in the overall scheme of things. AS in #1 - is best player in Australia for that position our Squad would average 6 or 7 , and if there are only 5 Super Rugby teams in Australia, that means there are players that would rather sit on the bench all year for the Reds then play for us.

Its not the coaches fault that we cant win games against the top 2 or 3 teams in New Zealand. We don't have the talent in our playing ranks to do beat them.

We can try and recruit them - but, we cant afford them, hell I hear Twiggy Forrest is about to have a garage sale.

Its not the coaches fault if our squad doesn't have the ability to create line breaks, Its not the coaches fault that we don't have players that can bust thru tackles at will. Players either have that ability or they dont - and the ones that do - play for someone else.

And with all this in mind, I still love em. they try their hearts out. They never quit, and when they do win - its so good.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast