Thread: Force gets behind McGrath Foundation ‘Pull On Your Socks’ campaign

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Force gets behind McGrath Foundation ‘Pull On Your Socks’ campaign

By RugbyWA
    Thu 14th May 15

The Western Force will again support the McGrath Foundation’s ‘Pull On Your Socks’ campaign when the club hosts the Queensland Reds at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) on Saturday, 30 May.

This is the second year the Force has supported the campaign after raising in excess of $31,000 for the breast cancer support charity in 2014.

‘Pull On Your Socks’ encourages sports teams and sporty people to wear pink socks to support the McGrath Foundation in its mission to ensure every family in Australia experiencing breast cancer has access to a breast care nurse, as well as increasing breast awareness in young Australians.

The McGrath Foundation - like the Force - is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2015 and has set an ambitious goal to increase the number of McGrath Breast Care Nurses across Australia to 110 to support 10,000 more families.

The Western Australian team will be pulling on their socks in support of the campaign and is encouraging its supporters in the Sea of Blue to do the same. ‘Pull On Your Socks’ merchandise - socks ($12) and scarves ($20) - is available in advance of the game from the Western Force Team Store or at the match, with all proceeds going to the McGrath Foundation. Local teams can also get on board by registering to host their own Pull On Your Socks game at www.mcgrathfoundation.com.au.

McGrath Foundation Co-Founder and President, Glenn McGrath AM, will attend the Western Force’s match against the Reds.

There are currently 12 McGrath Breast Care Nurses working in WA – an increase from nine in 2014 with three new McGrath Breast Care Nurses in Geraldton, Mandurah and Narrogin.

Western Force hooker Heath Tessmann, who is a ‘Pull On Your Socks’ Ambassador along with flanker Angus Cottrell, says the ‘Pull On Your Socks’ campaign is an easy way to support a great cause.

“It’s great to be able to support ‘Pull On Your Socks’ and the McGrath Foundation again this season,” he said. “There are very few people that are untouched by breast cancer in some way, whether that’s a friend or family member, and this is a great opportunity for us to get behind a cause that affects so many Australians each year.

“My partner, Nat, lost her mother to breast cancer more than a decade ago, and I have two aunties that have survived breast cancer, so this campaign is a great opportunity for us to promote early detection and make people aware of the support networks available to them.”

McGrath Foundation Ambassador and Director, Tracy Bevan, is thrilled to have the support of the Force and the entire WA community.

“We're so excited to be returning to the Force Field again this year when the Force take on the Reds on May 30 and can't wait to see all the fans decked in our pink socks and scarves in support of Pull On Your Socks!” she said. "Initiatives like Pull On Your Socks are not only important for our funding of McGrath Breast Care Nurses but are a great way for the community to get on board and show their support, just like the Force continues to do.”

To find out more about the McGrath Foundation and the Pull On Your Socks campaign, please visit www.pullonyoursocks.com.au.
    - See more at: http://www.westernforce.com.au/artic....AjInKiat.dpuf

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    While I think it's a great cause, can we please analyse the stats. Pretty sure they'd show any time the team wear pink, they get their butts kicked! We don't want to lose to the Reds!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Where's the pink jersey this year?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Where's the pink jersey this year?
    They were for a one off match for Breast Cancer WA, which actually have purple as their theme, no pink.

A fantastic Non Government Funded genuinely local charity

vCash
    WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Wednesday, 20 May 2015

FORCE GETS BEHIND MCGRATH FOUNDATION’S ‘PULL ON YOUR SOCKS’

The Western Force will again support the McGrath Foundation’s ‘Pull On Your Socks’ campaign when the club hosts the Queensland Reds at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) on Saturday, 30 May.

This is the second year the Force has supported the campaign after raising in excess of $31,000 for the breast cancer support charity in 2014.

‘Pull On Your Socks’ encourages sports teams and sporty people to wear pink socks to support the McGrath Foundation in its mission to ensure every family in Australia experiencing breast cancer has access to a breast care nurse, as well as increasing breast awareness in young Australians.

The McGrath Foundation - like the Force - is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2015 and has set an ambitious goal to increase the number of McGrath Breast Care Nurses across Australia to 110 to support 10,000 more families.

The Western Australian team will be pulling on their socks in support of the campaign and is encouraging its supporters in the Sea of Blue to do the same. ‘Pull On Your Socks’ merchandise – socks ($12) and scarves ($20) – is available in advance of the game from the Western Force Team Store or at the match, with all proceeds going to the McGrath Foundation. Local teams can also get on board by registering to host their own Pull On Your Socks game at www.mcgrathfoundation.com.au.

McGrath Foundation Co-Founder and President, Glenn McGrath AM, will attend the Western Force’s match against the Reds.

There are currently 12 McGrath Breast Care Nurses working in WA – an increase from nine in 2014 with three new McGrath Breast Care Nurses in Geraldton, Mandurah and Narrogin.

Western Force hooker Heath Tessmann, who is a ‘Pull On Your Socks’ Ambassador along with flanker Angus Cottrell, says the ‘Pull On Your Socks’ campaign is an easy way to support a great cause.

“It’s great to be able to support ‘Pull On Your Socks’ and the McGrath Foundation again this season,” he said. “There are very few people that are untouched by breast cancer in some way, whether that’s a friend or family member, and this is a great opportunity for us to get behind a cause that affects so many Australians each year.

“My partner, Nat, lost her mother to breast cancer more than a decade ago, and I have two aunties that have survived breast cancer, so this campaign is a great opportunity for us to promote early detection and make people aware of the support networks available to them.”

McGrath Foundation Ambassador and Director, Tracy Bevan, is thrilled to have the support of the Force and the entire WA community.

“We're so excited to be returning to the Force Field again this year when the Force take on the Reds on May 30 and can't wait to see all the fans decked in our pink socks and scarves in support of Pull On Your Socks!” she said. "Initiatives like Pull On Your Socks are not only important for our funding of McGrath Breast Care Nurses but are a great way for the community to get on board and show their support, just like the Force continues to do.”

Click the links to purchase your ‘Pull On Your Socks’ scarf or your ‘Pull On Your Socks’ socks from the Western Force Official Team Story today!

To find out more about the McGrath Foundation and the Pull On Your Socks campaign, please visit www.pullonyoursocks.com.au.

vCash
    Are the socks different to last year?