Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How are Perth Spirit looking as the Canberra Vikings have a new coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    If people actually show up this time around...
    There definitely was a lack of marketing last year and it seems like this year will be the same. Only the absolute die hard rugby fans knew where and when the games were being played. Ticket prices were set appropriately. Not sure if members received a letter/email or some sort of info relating to the NRC last year as I was not a member last year, but it would be a good start for them to email all 2015 members and potentially offer discounted tickets to the games. Flyers could be printed and distributed to all rugby clubs and perhaps run a radio campaign to at least make the general public aware of the Perth Spirit and the NRC. The spectacle with the experimental laws last year was refreshing.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    It would be great to the roadshow of taking games to Joondalup & Lark Hill as well as the obvious central venue ...
    A bit like Sydney and Brisbane hosting State of Origin, based on last night they would make more money playing all three at MCG

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I take your point about marketing Yungfen and agree that good marketing is key. But the problem I think is that RugbyWA is very short on funds. Marketing campaigns that involve media such as radio can cost an absolute fortune. They have to be very smart with their marketing dollars. The Warathas have the funds to be able to put full page ads in The Australian but I'm not sure we have a pot that big :-( (Not that I'm suggesting we advertise in The Oz!)

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Totally agree Alison but they can also use social media and their email contacts which cost next to nothing. The flyers for the rugby clubs also would not be costly. Contacting local community newspapers and putting articles in them would be free. I know that not many people read them but it is free and would still reach people who normally would not have any idea that there is a comp like the NRC and that Perth has a team competing in it. It is just a question of putting the effort in to ensure that it is a success.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    Totally agree Alison but they can also use social media and their email contacts which cost next to nothing. The flyers for the rugby clubs also would not be costly. Contacting local community newspapers and putting articles in them would be free. I know that not many people read them but it is free and would still reach people who normally would not have any idea that there is a comp like the NRC and that Perth has a team competing in it. It is just a question of putting the effort in to ensure that it is a success.
    It's also not that big an ask to get local businesses to provide a measure of support in the marketing and advertising side such as flyers, cards posters etc. I know there are quite a few businesses in Perth who are Western Force supporters.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The marketing for games at McGillivray is exactly the same as for any "regional" matches yet they actually get a good crowd at McGillivray. All clubs sharing in a reasonable profit (games at McGillivray) better that 100% of bugger all (a one off game at regional ground), for exactly the same effort.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2