WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Friday, 1 May 2015

By Fraser Smith

Saturday, 2 May, 2015
    Kick-off times:
    First Grade: 3.30pm
    Reserve Grade: 1.50pm
    Under 19: 12.30pm

Click here to see the Tries of the Week from Round Three of the Pindan Premier Grade

Match of the Round: Associates v Nedlands at Allen Park, Swanbourne

Table-topping Associates return to Allen Park for their first home game of the 2015 Pindan Premier Grade season this Saturday when they take on fifth-placed Nedlands.

Watch the match streamed live here.

‘Soaks’ have been dominant so far this season, boasting a massive positive points difference of 133 after just three games. In their lasting outing, the Swanbourne club put on a fine display of attacking rugby, running in ten tries against Perth Bayswater with Johannes Momsen and Dean Taylor-Menzies both scoring doubles.

Sitting pretty on top of the ladder, Associates will be keen to maintain pole position in front of their home crowd but will face a much tougher test in a strong Nedlands outfit.

Nedlands have begun to hit their stride in 2015, putting together two consecutive wins with the most recent being a 36-point hammering of Wanneroo, 41-5.

Last year’s minor premiers currently sit just outside of the top four and will be intent on upsetting the ‘Soaks’ faithful and maintain their winning form.

Associates: 1. Ehipa (Pa) Thompson, 2. Liam Gribben, 3. John Ogilivie, 4. Lachlan Valentine, 5. Peter Trend, 6. Blake Taylor-Menzies, 7. Michael Hardwick, 8. Al Rovira, 9. Liam Marama, 10. HP Momsen, 11. Casper Nell, 12. Altus Momsen, 13. Nick Fielding, 14. Ronan Colleran, 15. Robbie Ingram.
    Nedlands: 1. Joseph Ritchie, 2. Anaru Rangi, 3. Jermaine Ainsley, 4. Michael Egan, 5. Colm Walsh, 6. Andries Van Der Westhuizen, 7. Shane Hemi, 8. Tevin Ferris, 9. Michael Ruru, 10. Dylan Loversidge, 11. Alvin Lau, 12. Louis Saunders-Loder, 13. Lewis Marshall, 14. Zachary Palmer, 15. Kauri Cudd.

Kalamunda v Perth Bayswater at Hartfield Park, Forrestfield
    Hartfield Park will play host to a desperate encounter this weekend when Kalamunda and Perth Bayswater collide with both sides chasing their first wins of the season.

Kalamunda suffered yet another close loss last round. The Bulls led Wests Scarborough at the mid-way point of the second half but failed to close out the match, going down to the Boars, 37-27. After a tough draw to start the season, the Bulls will be keen to get a win on the board in Saturday’s clash and build momentum for the rest of the year.

Perth Bayswater have had a tough start to the season in the first three rounds, including last round’s 66-5 loss at the hands of the top-placed Associates, but will be looking to come back from the week off with added intensity to chase down their first victory of the year.

Kalamunda: 1.Aaron Minnet, 2. Benjamin Rumble, 3. Beau King, 4. Matthew Dessauvagie, 5.Nikau Rangiwhetu (c), 6. Russell Burgess (c), 7. Auega Seumanutafa, 8. Leo Auvaa, 9. Ryan Black, 10. Aaron Murphy, 11. Faamanatu Apineru, 12. Tama Makamaka, 13. J'None Tuitavake, 14. Daley Harper, 15. Preston Elama.
    Perth Bayswater: 1. Neil Boland, 2. Chris Temple, 3. Adam Grant, 4. Sebastion Nunez, 5. Jonathon Stanley, 6. Douglas Grey-Hull, 7. Jake Buist, 8. Ngaruhe Jones, 9. Troy Mete, 10. Dylan Timu, 11. Francois Beuhes, 12. Kolia Konelio, 13. Jesse Shech, 14. Tekotuku Teaute, 15. Wayne Thompson.

Palmyra v UWA at Tompkins Park, Alfred Cove
    Palmyra will get their first opportunity to defend the RugbyWA Cup this weekend, when they take on UWA at Tompkins Park.

Palmyra were impressive in taking the silverware last round, outlasting a determined Joondalup outfit, 26-13, to claim their second win of the season. “Paly” current sit fourth on the ladder ahead of Nedlands and Joondalup on points difference and will be set on cementing their position in front of their home crowd this weekend.

After a faltering start to their title defence, UWA will look to get back on track this weekend.

UWA failed to fire a shot against Cottesloe last round in the grand final rematch, going down the Gulls, 31-7, to find themselves currently in 8th place on the ladder.

Still boasting plenty of firepower in their line-up, the students will be focused on claiming their second win of the season and climbing back towards the four.

Palmyra: 1. Steve Mangan, 2. Zinzan Ranfield-Kake, 3. Jed Rushford, 4. Phil O'Connor, 5. Gerard De Klerk, 6. Onehunga Havilli, 7. David Hull, 8. Matt White, 9. Brian Jurisich, 10. Jonny Alston, 11. Tommy Foster, 12. Vinnie Booiman, 13. Va'a Mailai, 14. Panashe Kamhara, 15. Tutere Waenga.
    UWA: 1. Nevin Mills, 2. Jason Vassilly, 3. Jacob Gianoli, 4. Jeremy Smith, 5. Brent Murphy, 6. Tala Moli, 7. Cian O'Connor, 8. Richard Hardwick, 9. Ethan Carlisle, 10. Kris Setu, 11. Christian Joubert, 12. Mike Beattie, 13. Ben Taylor, 14. Levon Kvas-Rothwell, 15. Clay Uyen.

Wanneroo v Cottesloe at Kingsway Reserve, Landsdale
    Cottesloe will look to maintain their undefeated record when they take on Wanneroo at Kingsway Reserve on Saturday.

The Gulls were impressive in round three with a dominant victory over UWA in front of their home crowd, 31-7. They ran in five tries against the students with winger Ivan Wright crossing twice to register his third try of the season is as many games.

Sitting comfortably in second place, Cottesloe will be intent on maintaining both their attacking firepower – that has already seen them claim two bonus point victories – and resolute defence against Wanneroo.

After three rounds the ‘Roodogs’ are still chasing their first win of the 2015 Pindan Premier Grade season. In their last outing, Wanneroo was overpowered by Nedlands, 41-5. The young Wanneroo side will have regrouped over the ANZAC long weekend and will look to try and cause an upset in front of their supporters.

Wanneroo: 1. Andre Roux, 2. Scott Cornell, 3. Goliath Nikora, 4. Brian Khaemba, 5. Bradley Cambell, 6. Michael Bailey, 7. Jarred Rees, 8. Nathen Iro, 9. Tana Puki, 10. Timothy Koiatu, 11. Michael Wilson, 12. Aiden Guenole, 13. Andrew King, 14. Kohe Kawaguchi, 15. Ceri Cummings.
    Cottesloe: Not Provided

Wests Scarborough v Joondalup at Bennett Park, Scarborough
    Wests Scarborough get their first look at the competition’s newest side when they take on Joondalup at Bennett Park this weekend.

The Boars had a scare in round three against Kalamunda, but were able to turn a second half deficit into a bonus point victory, winning 37-27. Despite getting the win over the Bulls, ‘Wests’ will be disappointed to have conceded four tries and will be keen to improve their defence against a dangerous Brothers outfit.

Joondalup was brought back to earth in round three, suffering their first defeat of their short Pindan Premier Grade existence in a 26-13 loss to Palmyra.

In what will be their toughest test yet, Joondalup will look to challenge the Boars in front of their home crowd and continue to turn heads in their maiden season.

Wests Scarborough: 1. Chris Kidd, 2. Conan Houkamau, 3. Bernard Hala-Poi, 4. Tom Oday, 5. Rory Walton, 6. Lorenzo Devilliars, 7. Keith Andrews, 8. Pierre Roberts, 9. Michael Marshall, 10. AJ Alatimu, 11. Walter Koteka, 12. Saula Fifita, 13. Sheldon Tarawa, 14. Brad Lacey, 15. Albert Nikoro
    Joondalup Brothers: 1.Tristan Schneider, 2. Liewellyn Lottering, 3. TBC, 4. Mattew Hall, 5. Ryan Williams, 6. Tamati Timoko, 7. Adam Wallis, 8. Mark Jackson, 9. Johann Louw, 10. Tamati Young, 11. Michael Connolly, 12. James Wepener, 13. Maalonga Konelio, 14. Ellis Caveill, 15. Lui Guivalu.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Okay after a very quiet start to the comp I will attempt to flush out some victims.
    Soaks v Neddies
    Soaks to put Neddies to the sword. Soaks are the real deal and Neddies are struggling, I mean Alvin Lau, he's older than me. Coach of the year Gus Martin to be spotted back down at the Foreshore. Get your imports signed up and registered and do it quick.
    Kala v Baysie
    Kala will win by plenty, Baysie are doing it tough. Will be more action in the bar tomorrow night than on the field.
    Paly v Scarf Draggers
    Don't buy the line the Paly faithful are throwing around and bullshitting with the old we will be happy with a mid table finish. Uni outside backs couldn't tackle half a cheese burger and everyone knows it.
    Paly outside backs will tear them to shreds. Can someone tell Kvas -Rothwell to stop wearing his 8 year old brothers shorts, is that thing real or just a stuffed sock.
    Big Murph left Baysie because he was sick of losing, not much is going to change this year either.
    Roodogs v Cott
    Not furnishing a team sheet yet again smacks of arrogance and they should start whacking in the 5 hundy for junior travel funds I suggested a few weeks back.
    A hundy doesn't seem to worry them but 5 hundy might get Chook to get his shit together.
    They are only hiding the fact that the battalions of Force players they bought I mean developed through an intensive schoolboy program won't be playing and have little or no depth to cover it.
    I smell an upset.
    Wests v Bros
    The game of the round, well to me anyway. These fiddle playing two headed bumpkins from South Geraldton need to get put back in their box and everyone chill the f---out, we got this.
    I'll help you out with the TBC Number 3 on the Bros team list, it's Lione from Baysie, so with him, Jacko who is meant to be trying out for the Brazil 7's team but got side tracked between Baysie and Brasilia and Konelio at centre means 3 of Baysie's starting prem players last season have been bought, I mean were looking to further their rugby career.
    Pugs has generously threatened to put 20 dollars of his own hard earned on the bar tomorrow night if Wests win.
    I hope that soft underbelly that has plagued Wests for years, our tight 5, show some balls for a change.
    I smell blood.

Ps Kudos to the WAJRU for scheduling the Under 11's up all the way through to 1st grade to be played at Bennett Park.
    Bloody great idea and that's what we want.
    I have been good this season so far and have not been a negative twisted bastard like last year but why the fuck would you schedule Bros 3rd and 4th grade to play down at Curtin and we have to play Seven Miles mob[yeah right].
    Just lost about 50 or so supporters and players along with bar takings etc.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 02-05-15 at 05:13.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    We will be happy with a mid table finish...

And our backs are only quarter cheese burgers, so Uni is in with a chance ...

And this weekend will be one of the few times I will be rooting for those opportunistic, slimey, undermining, toady West bastards to win, even if I have to hold my nose to do so.

At least they haven't screwed Baysie and Wanneroo and aren't as feral as the Jesuit Seminarians.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Good breakdown Westie a shame there's no one interested
    This must be the most disappointing season I have ever seen
    The numbers the quality and the interest in the game must be at an all time low
    Good on you RWA you should be really proud of yourselves
    You are a bunch of eastern state looseres that have come here and fucked it right up
    Joondalup have entered the Comp at the right time with the standard being an all time low but the bringing in of so many mercenaries
    To buy success will only be detrimental to the future of the club as those people who have worked so hard to get them to this position are pushed to the side as the blowins take all credit as they continue to be commpetitive but when the wheels start to look square and things don't roll on as predicted these egotistical Heros will soon van ash leaving behind a trail of destruction
    This is part and parcel of the cycle in perth rugby you don't need to be a visionary to read this book
    Just picking up the negativity where Westie left off
    Hope there's export at Bennett park today behind the bar because I know there will be plenty on ice in the boot

vCash
    I saw Alvin's name and was also surprised. I reffed him in 3rds a couple of years back and he then backed up as a sub for Prems. Pretty sure he scored a try in Prems.

But for him to be starting is a huge statement about the lack of depth at Neddies.

vCash
    Alvin is still a quality player though, any team would be happy to have him.. Hard for him to commit though with his career as a medical doctor.

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Hartfield Park can be an unforgiving place, but Bayswater today were more unforgiven than.. well, the cast of Unforgiven - Baysie were handed a bumwipe to remember. There was an awful lot of "caloo caleeying" from the Bulls side of the field.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Good breakdown Westie a shame there's no one interested
    This must be the most disappointing season I have ever seen
    The numbers the quality and the interest in the game must be at an all time low
    Good on you RWA you should be really proud of yourselves
    You are a bunch of eastern state looseres that have come here and fucked it right up
    Joondalup have entered the Comp at the right time with the standard being an all time low but the bringing in of so many mercenaries
    To buy success will only be detrimental to the future of the club as those people who have worked so hard to get them to this position are pushed to the side as the blowins take all credit as they continue to be commpetitive but when the wheels start to look square and things don't roll on as predicted these egotistical Heros will soon van ash leaving behind a trail of destruction
    This is part and parcel of the cycle in perth rugby you don't need to be a visionary to read this book
    Just picking up the negativity where Westie left off
    Hope there's export at Bennett park today behind the bar because I know there will be plenty on ice in the boot

Jeez,spot the deliberate spelling mistake!

vCash
    Kala 71 - 5 Baysie

Does anyone know the Premier Grade record for tries in a match? Kala winger scored 7 tries today. Incredible to watch. Lot of good phase play set up the first half tries for Kala then got a bit ragged trying to force passes, but got back on track late. Baysie backs had a tough day in defense with Kalas passing game setting up
    plenty of attacking rugby. Baysies best period of attack in the first half was multiple pick and drives close to the Kala line. Just could not quite crack the ruck defense of Kala. Second half was much the same with plenty of width in the passing setting the Kala winger away for more tries. Some clever kick chase by the Kala backs earnt good territory. Baysie kept working away on attack but lacked ideas. Pods were not really making the desired impact or making the Kala defense work to hard, and were not followed by alot from the Baysie backs. Kala were able to keep blooding some former juniors in premier grade today with young centre Jacob Kohinga crossing for his first try in prems.
    Kala also winning 2nds, 3rds, 4ths and womens. Baysie winning the u/19s.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Apprentice
    vCash
    Watched Wests v Joondalup. Great game to watch with Joondalup matching them until half time. After that, Wests seem to step up another gear and start playing that kiwi open brand style rugby we all love. Joondalup have some talent and are not too far of the mark. Give them a season or two they should be there or their abouts.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Okay after a very quiet start to the comp I will attempt to flush out some victims.
    Soaks v Neddies
    Soaks to put Neddies to the sword. Soaks are the real deal and Neddies are struggling, I mean Alvin Lau, he's older than me. Coach of the year Gus Martin to be spotted back down at the Foreshore. Get your imports signed up and registered and do it quick.
    Kala v Baysie
    Kala will win by plenty, Baysie are doing it tough. Will be more action in the bar tomorrow night than on the field.
    Paly v Scarf Draggers
    Don't buy the line the Paly faithful are throwing around and bullshitting with the old we will be happy with a mid table finish. Uni outside backs couldn't tackle half a cheese burger and everyone knows it.
    Paly outside backs will tear them to shreds. Can someone tell Kvas -Rothwell to stop wearing his 8 year old brothers shorts, is that thing real or just a stuffed sock.
    Big Murph left Baysie because he was sick of losing, not much is going to change this year either.
    Roodogs v Cott
    Not furnishing a team sheet yet again smacks of arrogance and they should start whacking in the 5 hundy for junior travel funds I suggested a few weeks back.
    A hundy doesn't seem to worry them but 5 hundy might get Chook to get his shit together.
    They are only hiding the fact that the battalions of Force players they bought I mean developed through an intensive schoolboy program won't be playing and have little or no depth to cover it.
    I smell an upset.
    Wests v Bros
    The game of the round, well to me anyway. These fiddle playing two headed bumpkins from South Geraldton need to get put back in their box and everyone chill the f---out, we got this.
    I'll help you out with the TBC Number 3 on the Bros team list, it's Lione from Baysie, so with him, Jacko who is meant to be trying out for the Brazil 7's team but got side tracked between Baysie and Brasilia and Konelio at centre means 3 of Baysie's starting prem players last season have been bought, I mean were looking to further their rugby career.
    Pugs has generously threatened to put 20 dollars of his own hard earned on the bar tomorrow night if Wests win.
    I hope that soft underbelly that has plagued Wests for years, our tight 5, show some balls for a change.
    I smell blood.

Ps Kudos to the WAJRU for scheduling the Under 11's up all the way through to 1st grade to be played at Bennett Park.
    Bloody great idea and that's what we want.
    I have been good this season so far and have not been a negative twisted bastard like last year but why the fuck would you schedule Bros 3rd and 4th grade to play down at Curtin and we have to play Seven Miles mob[yeah right].
    Just lost about 50 or so supporters and players along with bar takings etc.
    You got the easy ones and failed miserably on the real games. Useless, keep your picks to yourself.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    You got the easy ones and failed miserably on the real games. Useless, keep your picks to yourself.
    My intention was to drum up some interest on this forum regarding club rugby and I have succeeded. Not to sure why you are so nasty to me Choice. I am both scared and offended.
    On to the game and Bros were very competitive for 60 minutes but fell away towards the end. The shrekster was down to a fast walk as were a few others but they were quite dogged and will roll a few more before the end of the season.
    Took a long while to eventually break them down.
    With no more breaks and another 13 weeks in a row depth will be a problem for Bros .
    Aranmore schoolboy Kade Pearce came on and touched the ball twice scoring both times. Big future for that kid.
    Great vibe down at Bennett Park yesterday with schoolboy games kicking off at 9 am. Got to watch 6 matches, bbq ran all day,lines of punters at the bar, memo to Rugby Wa, this is what we want every weekend and there is no reason why it can't happen.
    Bros under 15 coach is obviously a rugby man of the highest integrity after not dropping in his rep Gold players who had a bye and persevered with his Swan players. Like his style.
    Helped when Westie Boy scored the match winner.
    Big mistake when got in a drinking round with an Irishman and a Scotsman.
    Very enjoyable day and did I mention that having juniors and seniors play at the same ground every week is the way forward.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Roo dogs seem to be turning things around. Given they were copping 60 to 70 point floggings last season and were doing it tough, I think there might be light at the end of the tunnel yet. Pity about them not being able to field and Under 19's but there is always next season I guess.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    RUGBYWA SENIOR GRADE - RESULTS:
    PINDAN Premier Grade: Nedlands 43 def Associates 19; Kalamunda 71 def Perth Bayswater 5; UWA 29 def Palmyra 15; Cottesloe 32 def Wanneroo 14; Wests Scarborough 47 def Joondalup 18.
    PINDAN Reserve Grade: Associates 25 def Nedlands 17; Kalamunda 21 def Perth Bayswater 7; Palmyra 31 def UWA 13; Cottesloe 26 def Wanneroo 17; Wests Scarborough 42 def Joondalup 17.
    PINDAN Under 19 Colts: UWA 31 def Palmyra 29; Joondalup 16 def Wests Scarborough 13; Perth Bayswater 12 def Kalamunda 5; Nedlands 23 def Associates 20.
    PINDAN Premiership 3rd Grade: Nedlands 15 def Associates 7; Kalamunda 36 def Perth Bayswater 5; UWA 15 def Palmyra 5; Cottesloe 36 def Wanneroo 0; Wests Scarborough 31 def Arks 28.
    PINDAN Championship A Grade: Southern Lions 30 def Swan Suburbs 24; Curtin Uni 80 def Joondalup 3;
    PINDAN Premiership 4th Grade: Associates 29 def Nedlands 15; Kalamunda 32 def Perth Bayswater 11; Palmyra 31 def UWA 17; Wanneroo 22 def Cottesloe 7; Arks 22 def Wests Scarborough 12.
    PINDAN Championship B Grade: Rockingham 21 def Mandurah 5; Southern Lions 26 def Swan Suburbs 0; Curtin Uni 25 def Joondalup 0.
    PINDAN Premiership 5th/Championship C Grade: Curtin Uni 37 def Bunbury Barbarians 22; Cott All Stars 43 def Wanneroo 14; Kwinana 15 def Cott Wrecking Crew 14. Alcohol.
    Think Again. Womens: Southern Lions RUFC 55 def Curtin Uni Rugby Club 0; Palmyra Rugby Club 65 def ARKS Rugby Club 7; Kalamunda Rugby Club 45 def Perth Bayswater Rugby Club 15; Wanneroo Rugby Club 27 def Cottesloe Rugby Club 5.