Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Force v Blues Round 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    the problem with mafi in the locks is that it wears out your legs, so you don't have so much of his damaging running.
    He performs the role of lock admirably, but has been noticeably quieter in the second row. his best position is 6. coleman and steenkamp should be the starting locks and steenkamp to call the lineout and mafi at 6.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Update: Coleman out and Steenkamp in for Blues match.

I think this is a good move in view of Coleman already having had a few niggles this season give him another week so he can get up for the Tah's.

This means Seven WA schooled kids in the match day squad, four out of Hale, with Ross coming onto the bench

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    SANZR only pay for so many seats on the flights, the rest is paid by the franchise, so they need to pick wisely.
    Very nice of SANZR to pay for Mitch Scotts holiday back to NZ.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Very nice of SANZR to pay for Mitch Scotts holiday back to NZ.
    what is your connection to Mitch? there has to be something there for the consistent comments about him.

Player
    vCash
    the problem with mafi in the locks is that it wears out your legs, so you don't have so much of his damaging running.
    You are kidding. Try telling that to Rettalick, Brad Thorne, Thrush, and on and on.

vCash
    Christ - just fell off my chair!!
    Greg Growden's verdict: The Force showed against the Chiefs that they can actually play attractive football, and don't always have to rely on the predictable one-man-out-from-the-ruck bashing-it-up routine. It didn't provide the required rewards in Hamilton, but hopefully it will in Auckland
    Tips - Greg Growden: Force by 11 Sam Bruce: Blues Brett McKay: Blues Brittany Mitchell: Force Andy Withers: Blues

Read more at http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby...ZrDW6VijPOC.99
    Hope that's not a kiss of death!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Christ - just fell off my chair!!

Tips - Greg Growden: Force by 11 Sam Bruce: Blues Brett McKay: Blues Brittany Mitchell: Force Andy Withers: Blues
    someone of this forum has obviously hijacked Growden's twitter where he posts these from. Simple explanation.

everyone is tipping us, this is bad.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Greetings again from the UK. Hoping that we can watch the game against the Blues while on our way to Cornwall

Some team comparisons:

Starting XV:
    BLUES: >834 SXV caps; 7 Test Players - 383 caps.
    FORCE: >760 SXV caps; 8 (7W/1T) Test Players - 91 caps

Benches:
    BLUES: >230 SXV caps; 2 Test Player - 15 caps.
    FORCE: >121 SXV caps; 0 Test Players.

Packs:
    BLUES: ~905 kg
    FORCE: 880 or 892 kg

Chiefs have significantly more SXV and Test experience.
    Chiefs +13kg on starting pack with Coleman BUT +25kg with Steenkamp. .
    Force close gap by 5kg with Front Row replacements.

Force needs scrum to hold its own, lineout to lift and back row to stay together.
    Cottrell/Hodgson/McCalman a Back Row which has potential to dominate BUT Kaino a class act.
    Force need to lift tackling efficiency.
    Pushing up too fast off the defensive line, and leaving gaps, was an issue against the Chiefs.
    Great to see Ryan Louwrens get his run-on debut after last week's effort.
    Hoping that Ryan and Sias can combine well and get the Backs involved with some quality ball.

Wouldn't a WIN be fantastic!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    what is your connection to Mitch? there has to be something there for the consistent comments about him.
    Both Tasman Lads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    You are kidding. Try telling that to Rettalick, Brad Thorne, Thrush, and on and on.
    The difference with these guys is that they're out and out locks, whereas Mafi is a flanker who can play lock. Scrummaging takes a lot more out of you as a lock than it does as a flanker, and that's shown with the limited number of runs from Mafi when he's been playing lock.

Player
    vCash
    And so the reveal.....yes...Mitch Scott....is my father!

No...thats not true. I'm a 10 year Force member and like all Force fans we just want our team front and centre kicking ass and taking numbers week in week out. I'm not saying Mitch is the best player out there but what I saw was some potential. And potential needs to be discovered and nurtured. Ryan Louwrens......who knew. If not for injuries and a red card a starting spot in the team could be years away. Big game against the Blues and he may be the man for the Force moving ahead.

The whole crux of my comments are...if someone shows some potential develop it, grow it. I saw some potential against the Hurricanes and Rebels when Mitch got limited time. Find out now when there is nothing to play for. It'll put us on a better footing for next year when looking at the squad. I reckon he could be on the bench in place of Brache or Junior....just saying.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scozzie View Post
    The difference with these guys is that they're out and out locks, whereas Mafi is a flanker who can play lock. Scrummaging takes a lot more out of you as a lock than it does as a flanker, and that's shown with the limited number of runs from Mafi when he's been playing lock.
    So a guy who is 200cm and 110kg+ only job is to scrummage and jump in the lineout. That's fine if you don't want to dominate the midfield. What a waste of talent.

Player
    vCash
    4 & 5 Lock Position Description
    Locks are very tall and athletic and have an excellent standing jump along with good upper body strength. They also make good ball carriers, carrying the ball aggressively into contact and agressive in defense around ruck, maul and tackle ball situations.

vCash
    So a guy who is 200cm and 110kg+ only job is to scrummage and jump in the lineout. That's fine if you don't want to dominate the midfield. What a waste of talent.
    That's not what I (and I think Palitu) were trying to say. What I'm saying is that you get more out of him when he plays flanker, he has more opportunities in the loose to make the sort of carries he's good at. Lock ties him in more, and I don't know if you've played either position, but lock definitely takes more out of you at scrums and lineouts, unless you're not doing your job properly that is...?

vCash
    4 & 5 Lock Position Description
    Locks are very tall and athletic and have an excellent standing jump along with good upper body strength. They also make good ball carriers, carrying the ball aggressively into contact and agressive in defense around ruck, maul and tackle ball situations.
    I'm trying to squeeze Will Skelton into this description........!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast