Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force 'A' too strong for Singapore

vCash

Force 'A' too strong for Singapore

Source: Force 'A' too strong for Singapore

Force ‘A’ has defeated Singapore 116-0 in this afternoon’s friendly fixture at Cottesloe’s Harvey Field.

Western Force outside centre Patrick Dellit crossed for three of his side’s 18 tries, while the Force pairing of Brad Lacey and Chris Alcock, WA Under 20 representative Nick Jooste and Palmyra outside back Tutere Watene all claimed doubles.

The home side held a 57-0 lead at the half-time break, with Zack Holmes and Jooste adding the extras throughout the match with 13 conversions from 18 attempts between them.

The match served as a precursor to Singapore’s Asian Nations campaign later this year, as well as continuing RugbyWA’s relationships with its Asian rugby neighbours, following on from continuing partnerships with rugby in Japan, and Hong Kong and Malaysia’s participation in Alcohol.Think Again Sevens Margaret River tournaments over the past two years.

Force ‘A’ 116 (Patrick Dellit 3; Brad Lacey 2, Chris Alcock 2, Nick Jooste 2, Tutere Watene 2; Albert Nikoro, Richard Hardwick, Angus Taylor, Guy Millar, Davis Tavita, Johann Louw, Lukas Birch; Zack Holmes 6 conversions, Nick Jooste 7 conversions) defeated Singapore 0 at Harvey Field, Cottesloe

Name:  IMG_3595.JPG
Views: 867
Size:  98.9 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    It was a perfect day for a rugby match yesterday afternoon at Cott!
    Well worth the trip down.

vCash
    Well there is our talent we need to replace any in the main squad ... Don't look any further Foley Show the boys some reward for giving it a go

vCash
    Did the Force A declare?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Did the Force A declare?
    I believe 'mercy' was whistled!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    looks like the openers were still there on 116--did bad light stop play?

vCash
    I think Singapore were backing themselves until they found out they weren't playing the first XV!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    Bring back Paddy Dellit.

vCash
    The trouble is Paddy was OK, but not exactly pulling up trees, in the NRC. Scoring three tries in a 18-0 try match doesn't show he's Super Rugby ready.

For me, Paddy is one of those guys who tries really hard but hasn't got the ability - makes him a good squad member, plus he can cover multiple positions making him possibly bench material, but just a notch down from the quality required. Shame, as whenever I've met him he's seemed a nice chap.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    The trouble is Paddy was OK, but not exactly pulling up trees, in the NRC. Scoring three tries in a 18-0 try match doesn't show he's Super Rugby ready.

For me, Paddy is one of those guys who tries really hard but hasn't got the ability - makes him a good squad member, plus he can cover multiple positions making him possibly bench material, but just a notch down from the quality required. Shame, as whenever I've met him he's seemed a nice chap.
    Totally disagree, streets ahead of many players already tried by Foley. I think it is a question for Foley to answer, the guy is definitely blinkered about some players. Just look at who has left and is playing regular super 15's.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Blinkered is the right description. Lacey, amongst a few others should have been given more of an opportunity to present their case. I would take some the younger fringe players over the popular one's any day of the week.

vCash
    I'm in Singapore and I've seen a few locals sporting All Blacks jerseys amongst the expected soccer jerseys. This pleases me as a rugby fan and annoys me as an Australian!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forceable View Post
    Blinkered is the right description. Lacey, amongst a few others should have been given more of an opportunity to present their case. I would take some the younger fringe players over the popular one's any day of the week.
    Have long championed Lacey's cause, would be very naïve to think he hasn't been contacted by other Super 15 franchises who rate him. He could very well be outta here and I don't blame him.
    Get's told what he want's he hear and then no action, would chop Morahan to bit's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westie man View Post
    would chop Morahan to bit's.
    Do we have any actual facts to back up that statement, because opinions aren't facts anywhere other than the Internet.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Fact, I carried on about Koteka long before anyone else even knew what he looked like.
    I called Ryan Louwrens 2 seasons ago, I called Hayden Anderson at the start of the season who has now gone on to make Aussie 20's, It has been well documented several times that I think Lacey should be presented with an opportunity because I think he is up to the mark.
    Seems there are players who no matter how they play keep getting selected when Joe Public can see that they are well off their game.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast