Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A message from ARU CEO Bill Pulver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    No salary caps.. I hate that shit..
    ..and no player draft either (the sporting equivalent of primary school elephant stamps)

let the cream rise..
    Yes. The NRL and AFL are really floundering since they introduced them. But I also think that any notion that they level the playing field is naieve, though it's better than open slather.

BTW, have you hacked Rex's account? Jest kiddin'.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    When it boils down to brass tacks, money does not buy heart. And heart is what wins Rugby games.
    Let them spend what they like? Bring it on I say..
    Though it's pretty easy to be like this in WA since we're not actually short of a buck over here..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    If you want to take part in the survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9WTBZ3W

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post

Already completed, and I said my 4 pennyworth about the inconsistencies between WA and the rest..and that the Marketing/Media Manager needs a kick up the bum (exactly those words..) that in a RWC year Rugby should be everywhere in peoples faces.. print media, TV, etc..and what about the ABC we hardly ever get a bloody mention.. and the bias of Eastern States.. yep! I had a rant..

Player
    vCash
    I was genuinely surprised by the astuteness of some of the options put forward as answers for questions as they certainly showed someone has been listening to the public (or maybe these forums). I liked the statement "Turning rugby into a national sport and growing it outside of NSW and QLD" as an answer for growing the game. Absolutely stunned me to read that and a few others, all of which I promptly selected if it involved strengthening the game in WA.

I think number 8 is a particularly important question - "Please rank in order what success looks like for the professional game of Rugby over the next 5 years". My answer is basically having a competitive NRC\Super Rugby\Wallabies team is a lot better than just results i.e. World cups or Olympic medals.

If you haven't done the survey yet get into it and don't forget to mention the unfairness of the Wallabies top up system and the distribution of talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    I was genuinely surprised by the astuteness of some of the options put forward as answers for questions as they certainly showed someone has been listening to the public (or maybe these forums). I liked the statement "Turning rugby into a national sport and growing it outside of NSW and QLD" as an answer for growing the game. Absolutely stunned me to read that and a few others, all of which I promptly selected if it involved strengthening the game in WA.

I think number 8 is a particularly important question - "Please rank in order what success looks like for the professional game of Rugby over the next 5 years". My answer is basically having a competitive NRC\Super Rugby\Wallabies team is a lot better than just results i.e. World cups or Olympic medals.

If you haven't done the survey yet get into it and don't forget to mention the unfairness of the Wallabies top up system and the distribution of talent.
    I think there's a bit of plagiarism going on..you surely copied my answers... LOL!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post

Thanks for the heads up here! I just completed the survey and also was impressed with the depth of the questions. Now what will they do with the answers? I thought there also could have been some questions around the media exposure of Rugby?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbs View Post
    Thanks for the heads up here! I just completed the survey and also was impressed with the depth of the questions. Now what will they do with the answers? I thought there also could have been some questions around the media exposure of Rugby?
    Or lack of media coverage..

vCash
    please, please complete the survey and support growing the code outside NSW and Qld, my main worry is that the population and participation numbers in NSW and Qld may well provide numerical support for their current corrupt strategy of focussing on the "heartland" states (the pricks!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Or lack of media coverage..
    I'd be taking that up with the local news outlets that are dedicated mouthpieces for the AFL.

No lack of coverage on the 3 occasions I've been to Sydney this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'd be taking that up with the local news outlets that are dedicated mouthpieces for the AFL.

No lack of coverage on the 3 occasions I've been to Sydney this year.
    We all get that Jargs, but the way to get a local network to spunk your cause is to give them access to the games they can use to compete with the GayFL show.

Even if you give it to them at a discount, they start to become your mouthpiece.

C'mon the

vCash
    You know I've long been an advocate for getting the game onto FTA.

But it's not just the FTA networks, even the print media such as the SMH and the Daily Terrorgraph seem to able to mention that it's a World Cup year in a lot of articles.

Some of the AFL news coverage is rubbish puff pieces but the FTA networks know it's what sells over here.

I'd say both the ARU and RugbyWA are slack in promoting the game over here in WA.

As for the discount we all know that Rupert Murdoch owns the soul of Rugby in this country (at professional level anyway)

vCash
    Rupert Murdoch owns Australia, full stop. 😡

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I know Jargs, but the ARU sitting back and wringing their hands about how unfair it is that AFL and NRL are bigger isn't going to change anything is it?

Find the underdog in the room and give him the access for free if needs be.....then give him the opportunity to use that access to com
    Eye with the big players.

Sure we'll take a financial hit in the short term, but I think this constant cap-in-hand begging to Foxtel is simply keeping us in the poor house. The monopoly never works for the advantage of the producer or the consumer!

C'mon the

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3