Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HODGSON RETURNS FOR NEW ZEALAND TOUR

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

HODGSON RETURNS FOR NEW ZEALAND TOUR

WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Sunday, 19 April 2015

Captain Matt Hodgson is set to make his return to Asteron Life Super Rugby after being named in the Western Force’s 25-man
    travelling squad for its two-match New Zealand leg.

Hodgson sustained a hamstring injury in the Force’s final pre-season fixture against the Asia Pacific Dragons, and has been unavailable through the first half of the competition.

The 33-year-old will resume the captaincy of the squad, coinciding with the news that interim captain Sam Wykes will be unable to travel with the team after succumbing to a foot injury suffered in last night’s match against the Stormers.

Scrumhalf Alby Mathewson will also be sidelined after sustaining a knee injury against the Stormers last night. Mathewson’s absence provides the opportunity Ryan Louwrens to push for his Asteron Life Super Rugby debut after being named in the squad.

Openside flanker Kane Koteka, who was rested from last night’s match after suffering concussion against the Cheetahs a week ago, has also been selected in the squad.

The Western Force will depart tomorrow (Monday) before taking on the Chiefs in Hamilton (Friday, 24 April) and the Blues in Auckland on Saturday, 2 May.

Tickets to Western Force’s next home match against the NSW Waratahs on Saturday, 9 May are now available! Visit www.ticketmaster.com.au.

2015 Asteron Life Super Rugby – New Zealand Tour
    Chiefs v Western Force
    Waikato Stadium, Hamilton
    Friday, 24 April 2015
    Kick-off: 7.35pm (local)/3.35pm (AWST)

Blues v Western Force
    Eden Park, Auckland
    Saturday, 2 May 2015
    Kick-off: 5.30pm (local)/1.30pm (AWST)

Western Force squad
    Marcel Brache, Luke Burton, Nathan Charles, Adam Coleman, Angus Cottrell, Pekahou Cowan, Nick Cummins, Sias Ebersohn, Tetera Faulkner, Kyle Godwin, Dane Haylett-Petty, Ross Haylett-Petty, Chris Heiberg, Matt Hodgson (c), Oliver Hoskins, Kane Koteka, Ryan Louwrens, Steve Mafi, Ben McCalman, Luke Morahan, Ian Prior, Solomoni Jnr Rasolea, Mitch Scott, Wilhelm Steenkamp, Heath Tessmann.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran
    vCash
    Talking about Alby, i can only imagine that he was told not to run out, due to a niggly knee, then got pulled for ignoring instructions.

I would love to know what actually happened...

Player
    vCash
    Great to see 7 local guys in the squad. Despite the results being poor this year and being the results of injuries in some cases its good to see so many WA guys getting a chance.

Might be just me, but I think it not the best planning giving the Force Friday night games in NZ. Mean's a 3:30pm start which probably see's a large number of Perth viewers stuck at work or scrambling to get to the pub/home to watch. First world problems!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    As much as he would love to play against his old team i really think Alby will benefit from the good rest. Would love to see how Ryan Louwrens goes up against some quality players. Same with Sam i think he could take the rest as well.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    Great to see 7 local guys in the squad. Despite the results being poor this year and being the results of injuries in some cases its good to see so many WA guys getting a chance.

Might be just me, but I think it not the best planning giving the Force Friday night games in NZ. Mean's a 3:30pm start which probably see's a large number of Perth viewers stuck at work or scrambling to get to the pub/home to watch. First world problems!
    Totally agree with first paragraph, and the second may be a blessing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    I prefer it.

I'll miss the game vs the Blues the following week with local Rugby commitments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I prefer it.

I'll miss the game vs the Blues the following week with local Rugby commitments.
    I'm the opposite, the best I can do is home at Halftime, no pubs showing it any closer than that and with a daughter in tow, the whining wouldn't be worth it anyway!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Talking about Alby, i can only imagine that he was told not to run out, due to a niggly knee, then got pulled for ignoring instructions.

From the press conference....they knew he copped a knock...they patched him up at half time..but when he went out for the second half they could see he was still limping and pulled him off so as to not cause further damage.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post

Foley stated in the presso that at halftime they fixed it up, Alby said he was right to go. Foley pulled him when he saw him playing cause he thought he was limping and he didn't want to Alby to go down with a long term injury.

Fairly reasonable call for a coach, but Alby's reaction makes me wonder if there is not more going on in the background.

vCash
    I think it will be more the disappointment from Alby of missing out on the tour back home!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I rate Louwrens, has a lot of strings to his bow, be very interesting to see how he goes mixing it with the big boys.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Does anyone know Afrikaans on here? Has Steenkamp had a baby? Pictures of him and a bonnie wee one on his twitter feed. May explain why he hasn't played as much recently?

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    Does anyone know Afrikaans on here? Has Steenkamp had a baby? Pictures of him and a bonnie wee one on his twitter feed. May explain why he hasn't played as much recently?
    Yes and Yes his wife has given birth to a baby recently.

Not sure if this is having an effect on his game time, as even pre season and first few matches was sparsely used.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    ta Tazz.

Congrats to both. The little bloke looks a lot like his dad I reckon.

Good to see he is getting on what he has been signed for, to populate the west with rugby babies. Obviously been given special dispensation to stay on the Job by staying off the park

Where's his brother these days? Can we sign him as well and get the entire family well and truly set up in WA and get some perth girl to fall on that particular grenade?

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Player
    vCash
    Friday afternoon games are the best, who works after 12 anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast