Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rugby 101

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    Can't agree, most lineout calls are generic to the team and so simple most backs would understand them. Throwing in how hard can it be!
    Scrums, if they concentrated on their own job instead of getting into a pissing match with their opposite number there wouldn't be a problem. Again with kicking, put the ball where the player isn't not down his throat.
    Would you like me to explain the backs woes to you?
    Keeping on the theme of this thread, I certainly wouldn't criticise the effort of the players this season, or previous seasons. And I'm not going to slate them for their lineouts or scrums either, but on the comments above, and having played in the front row for many years, I wouldn't say lineouts are an easy thing to get right every time - there are a lot of factors that can cause them to go astray. And for scrummaging, I was watching some old Tri-nations games last night (late 80's) and you didn't see any scrum penalties given (.....from what I saw of the games anyway) - law changes are turning scrums into a farce..........which is going off topic a bit, sorry...!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That's a good sign!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Lets not turn the Force into one of those children that are constantly praised by their parents and never hear a negative word. They grow up with an unrealistic mind set and at the first sign of adversity crumble because they have been sheltered their whole lives
    Spot on Moono.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2