Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Under 19's Comp.

Apprentice
    vCash

Under 19's Comp.

Does anybody know when the Colts competition is likely to start? There is nothing on the Rugby WA fixtures.

How many clubs are fielding teams in this age group?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    April 18th. Dont know how many teams yet only 6 or 8 i think.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Champion
    vCash
    11 teams nominated, everyone trying their hardest to put teams out, difficult age group, beer, girls, work, reality will be around 8. The Mungo clubs around town have also been very busy in the off season targeting this age group.

Last edited by westies man; 08-04-15 at 19:20.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    On the subject of numbers, do we know how many team nominations have been put forward across the junior leagues?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Particularly difficult year this year as it is the "half cohort" year. The year when we changed the school enrolment date from Jan 1 to June 30. Hence roughly half the no of young men graduating high school last year including PSA schools. Thus half the number of potential new colts available to all clubs to recruit. Need to look at possible including some U 20's to ensure teams can field. Maybe 3-5 U 20 players per team? has insurance issues because of the 2 year player window for U 19's but we need a colts comp... surely some wise men can sort this out?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    As it's the Western Suburbs clubs that will suffer most because most schoolboy rugby is played in private Western Suburbs schools, I don't think you'll find that the other clubs will lose too much sleep over this....

Champion
    vCash
    They will if the comp no's reduce to a level where you play each other every 3 weeks

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Front 3 View Post
    Particularly difficult year this year as it is the "half cohort" year. The year when we changed the school enrolment date from Jan 1 to June 30. Hence roughly half the no of young men graduating high school last year including PSA schools. Thus half the number of potential new colts available to all clubs to recruit. Need to look at possible including some U 20's to ensure teams can field. Maybe 3-5 U 20 players per team? has insurance issues because of the 2 year player window for U 19's but we need a colts comp... surely some wise men can sort this out?
    The half cohort shouldn't have made any difference to the number of 19 year olds running around, only the number of them who graduated last year. There will be some of those blokes still in school and some who have graduated. In some ways the Half cohort (by keeping some kids in school at an older age) might actually benefit rugby because it generally happens that kids leave the sport once school Os finished.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Joondy and Baysie had a preseason friendly today and both teams seemed to have the depth to compete this year... seems like a promising start...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The half cohort shouldn't have made any difference to the number of 19 year olds running around.

Yeh, I had a giggle at this - we could add it to the Naplan test - If I am 18 in 2014, and it is a half cohort year in 2015, what age will I be on my next birthday.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    11 teams nominated, everyone trying their hardest to put teams out, difficult age group, beer, girls, work, reality will be around 8. The Mungo clubs around town have also been very busy in the off season targeting this age group.
    With most clubs having 8-12 players there would be enough players to form a ten team comp if some thought and balls from rugby wa to enforce a structure that would keep all the young men in the game
    When the likes of Nedlands have appro 5 rocky based players playing for them and I know they don't come for free has eroded the base that rocky had to form a team as the other 8 players have left the game because the better players have been coherse away leaving the others with no confidence to play.
    Rocky is an example because this would be happening across the board that most of the fringe players disappear from the game because the system fails rugby
    The teams should be broken up into zones with all clubs registered players being pooled to form a decent comp which would create a competitive and vibrant atmosphere amongst the younger players
    They should also bei playing before the prem teams instead of the 2nd grade
    They sould be playing Curtin raisers to the force and the NRC games, they should be a North South contest which would also entice players to stay with there areas and mates
    There would be all the negative knockers out there that would say this wouldn't work but you knockers must open your eyes and see the present system is not working either
    The Comp needs a boost and it would stat with creating a more vibrant comp at the base
    Rugby wa pull your heads out of the sand and make decisions that will keep the yougerplayers interested instead of letting the game die

Champion
    vCash
    Wests played Uni in a friendly yesterday, pretty close result. We had 14 players with a few more to turn up so will be putting a team in, had my doubts 2 weeks ago.
    The wee Scotsman might not be everyone's cup of tea but he hung in there training 6 or 7 players for weeks on end until others started turning up. I would have given it up as flogging a dead horse a long time ago.
    Talking to the Uni coaching set up and they have only had 21 register so have no idea where the usual Uni masses have gone.
    I like Insiders idea of having the colts being the curtain raiser to the 1st grade where possible. Clubs could actually implement this themselves with the only thing against it being the availability of the 2nd and third grades playing earlier. Work commitments could be the only problem otherwise it could work.

Player
    vCash
    I like that idea westie. Could always put 2s on 2nd field?

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I like that idea westie. Could always put 2s on 2nd field?
    Insider has some initiates there that have a lot of merit and would work with the commitment of all clubs and someone with some balls from rugby wa it would be good to see the the young talent on display as I can't remember the last colts game I was able to see due to timing of 3-4th grade games
    Westie that wee Scotsman is renowned for his skullduggery and would be one who entices players from struggling clubs and also has a reputation for picking the guts out of a team with rewards that create greedy seniors
    Keep what credibility you have left and distance yourself from the wee fella

Champion
    vCash
    There is nothing wrong with my credibility, you have watched plenty of colts rugby over the last few seasons. I find some of your posts regarding club rugby both informative and quite funny and other posts you just talk crap and let yourself down and hi jacking a positive discussion thread about 19's rugby is one of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast